Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Division 1] Discipline (or Lack Thereof) 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Excellent Site said:
BLUDAU Ingo Lobbans FC 'A' 1 2004-09-12 1 Game $10
Inspector,

What happened to the old German? Me thinks a straight red for mouthing off or sulking for not receiving a pass in a timely manner.

And you won without him? (mind you, with only one goal ;) )

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 1] Discipline (or Lack Thereof)

I'll answer since Inspector's changing diapers right now.
The German got a phantom leg sweep call against Ivor making in no way any contact. This was his first yellow, and the second was a fifty-fifty ball put towards him where he took out the defensemen before he got any ball. Fiji were down to 10 so this was a a good chance for the ref to even it up.
I must say the ref was SHOCKING!

GHOST :D

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

GHOST said:
I'll answer since Inspector's changing diapers right now.
The German got a phantom leg sweep call against Ivor making in no way any contact. This was his first yellow, and the second was a fifty-fifty ball put towards him where he took out the defensemen before he got any ball. Fiji were down to 10 so this was a a good chance for the ref to even it up.
I must say the ref was SHOCKING!
GHOST :D

Wait a second...Ingo got a red card for something other than complaining to the ref or a team mate? Wait...there's more...he took out a defenceman to boot? I must concur...the ref must have been shocking!! Is this the same Ingo who never got his uniform dirty? :D

And what's this? The Inspector is a daddy? I really must try to keep up with the boys more often! Congrats to Blakey.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

In this week's installment, we see the results of the Blaze/Polonia Affair.
MASI Mike IFC Polonia 1 2004-09-26 3 Games $30
SULLIVAN Sean City FC Blaze 1 2004-09-26 5 Games $50
These two seem to have been the only major offenders in the league's eyes, and the Blaze got the rougher side of the strap.

Any comments from those involved? Was this a fair (or rather, reasonable outcome?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Our guy started it. Didn't show up to hearing. The guy who kicked our guy in the head didn't get a red if memory serves me correct as ref didn't see it. Seems fair to me. you don't show up for hearing they sting you with the maximum.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

True enough.

When The Ranger dropped the Sarajevo Nut-Grabber last year, the league was lenient because he defended himself. If I remember correctly his description of the discplinary hearing went something like this:

League: "What happened?"

The Ranger: "He grabbed my balls, so I punched him."

L: "Your balls?"

TR: "Yes."

L: "Your balls?"

TR: "Yes, my balls."

I guess a disciplinary hearing can only go well when you're even getting Azzi asking about your balls. 2 games.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I got a 2 game suspension the last game of last season (carried fwd to this year) for touching a guy on the shoulder gingerly after he said to me "touch me and I'll kill you". I wanted to see what would happen. Needless to say I missed the hearing and got 2 games. The reports written by the referees must be a good read to warrant the suspensions going around this league. Linesman maybe???

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
True enough.

When The Ranger dropped the Sarajevo Nut-Grabber last year, the league was lenient because he defended himself. If I remember correctly his description of the discplinary hearing went something like this:
I guess a disciplinary hearing can only go well when you're even getting Azzi asking about your balls. 2 games.

Actually, it was a three game suspension but, when I told Azzi I would give him a little peek, he dropped it to two games... I'm sure I could have got it dropped all together if you know what I'm saying....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts