Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Results, Predictions & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last knight Europa vs Celtic. Easy time for Europa. Celtic woke up last fifteen and scored a nice goal and started to play as a team. First half was all out loud negative. Second half was all tone down positive. One thing Europa has to stop cheap shutting guys from behind or they will have the biggest fight. Head butting guy from behind is not what soccer is all about with five six goals up. Ref on the other hand was very good.
Even though Celtic was loosing by big scores it really was not due to their play. One or two guys forget to do the job and gaps open up.Solo playing in the back normally cost you a game. Young Brian, Christian and coaches lad have improved tons. Young keeper needs to come to play for ninety not twenty five most of all has to stop screaming at his guys calm down and play goal. Future will get better. Trace will get a guy to help and turn the club around. Only thing wrong is, where is the blue white blue stripe unies? Till than very few wins. After that many wins.
Cheers good luck in the summer league.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick how about Bowen I Luchadors. You boys love to party and play good ball. One must give you guys lots of credit for coming over every second weekend to play ball. I heard your home ground is in North Van that would make you guys come over each weekend. It takes lots of commitment from your guys. "Hats off"

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Base. Learned a lot this year and one thing is that we need to give guys occasional guilt free weekends off, and that means we'll need a large roster for next year. This year we had 21 guys and it wasn't enough. Throw in a few party and soccer injuries, some work relocations, and work conflicts and it was proving impossible to get 11 out to games. Next year we'll sign 25 guys, and that will include a few guys in town. Hopefully, that way we'll be able to give guys some weekends off and still make sure we always have 11. We've got a core of 11-12 guys who can play on par with anyone in Div. 3, (including two ex NK players). But, we only played 4 or 5 games all year where we had our best guys on the pitch and there is a big drop off between the first 11 and the rest. Our goal is to build a decent soccer club out here on the rock, from youth to adult. It is a long term project, and certainly no walkover, but we are having fun trying to make it all happen. Gotta get the Bowen Pub as a sponsor next year and we'll hope to invite a few teams out for friendly matches in August. Cheers!

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
So that's Div 3 wrapped up with ourselves and Strikers going up and Guildford and Snipers playing off for the last promotion spot by the looks of it. Has anyone ever asked why you win the grand total of jack shite in VMSL in Div 3 and i believe Div 2 as well, as in no prize money and not even a measly little trophy? surely they can afford something for division winners? Just seems a bit stingy when last summer we won Div 1 in MSA and got a nice big cup and $1000 and that's a damn sight cheaper to play in than VMSL!

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations Farquea, you guys were certainly the class of the league and your undefeated record in league play shows that in spades. I also agree that VMSL should throw some sort of fricken' bone to the lower division winners. Coupons for a free round of drinks somewhere?

STID

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Farquea, Another fantastic season for you guys. Having played both Guildford and Snipers over the past two years, I'd be very surprised if Snipers didn't get the third promotion spot. Both very fast young teams, but Snipers have more quality in my opinion. Would be cool if the three of Strikers, Caps, and Snipers all went up (all three from Cat A 2 years ago).

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stid don't be surprised Snipers are staying in Div. three as Surrey beat them today two to one in OT. Both teams played with tons of nerves.
English lad that plays for Snipers was fantastic today also asolid game by number 15 and number 10 in the middle of the Park for Snipers and also a solid game by a small Asian lad on the right side. As for Gildford team they were bit stronger and it started to show in last fifteen minutes of OT. Number twenty four for Gilford head an outstanding game, setting guys up and directing the play in the middle of the Park. Best of luck to Gildford in div two.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching div three teams this year. I strongly think that div four should be formed. If not there is going to be five six teams next year disforming. Reason is Seven very strong teams are going down to div three. Scores will be in ten twelve zip against some sides.
In-orther for teams to have time to build div four is important. Div four would let kids from gold and silver one soccer join and play. There is no way that gold and silver one boys can join U21 and play. Most kids in U21 are from Select an HPL soccer.
Both Snipers an Guilford looked like kids from Gold program. They both need two more years to develop and get stronger. Gildford is moving up to div two they need five six bigger and stronger guys or they will drop to div three.
Bottom five in div three in group A and B should form div four. Plus few teams from Cat. Thre would be no need for play off games. Top two in each level move up. Bottom two drop. Simple and more fun.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no need for a Div4. If you make a Div4 then you just have the same problem again when new teams join the league. It's a league, you will have good teams at the top, bad teams at the bottom. Someone has to lose, you seem to want everyone to be just as good as each other and all the games to be a draw. The main aim for Div3 teams would be to actually start games with 11 for a start! And if it's so harrowing for these teams to play Div3 as you suggest but which i dont think is necessarily true, well then they can go and join an easier league like the Ultra League if they want to, no one is forcing them to play in VMSL.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Farquea Ultra League is not part of BC soccer. I would not let all these Leagues in BC. Fragments only get players to play in three leagues. As we all did see. Guys from VMSL playing in three Leagues. U18 Gold and Silver soccer is part of BC Soccer. This would give youth a chance to form young teams and develop. As you can see in Fraser Valley League. I go and ref the games. There is lots of young teams in div four. Nice to see. Youth needs three years to get stronger to be able to tackle and shield the ball. Boys come up to div two or div three, they lost maybe four five game and than do not come out because teams do not give them playing time.
Vancouver Athletic is most kids. You see the scores. It's no fun for a team to get smashed 8 out of ten games.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've often thought the VMSL should just have one group in every division from Premiere on down, down to Division 6 or 7. But, you would need to guarantee movement so I'd accompany this with a 3 up, 3 down model at each level to provide incentives for ambitious teams and to promote movement in the divisions.

Having said that, you would then need to find a better way to place some new teams than have them start at the very bottom, where a hotshot new team would destroy a 'never practice' pure beer league team. Not sure how to solve this issue.

There is always going to be the problem of a team's ambition. If I'm involved with a team that has a multi year plan to improve I'd always rather play in a more competitive league and be mid to low table than be near the top of a less competitive league. Bowen would be disappointed to go to Div. 4 next year, for example, because we think we can put a stronger team on the pitch next fall than we did this past season now that we've had a year to get things figured out. We finished 8th, but when we had 11 healthy guys on the pitch we showed we could play with any team in the division, beating Snipers and Astros in the first third of the season as well as playing a competitive match with Greencaps.

Our problem was roster size, not player quality. We finished where we did more due to a combination of inexperienced management and bad luck than anything else. Next year promises to be different, especially if we can train or find a consistent keeper. As for those Div. 2 teams coming down to Div. 3, we say, 'bring 'em on."

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick I do agree with you. Fraser Valley League has gone as far as div four and has done a fine job. Guys like Rob Brown and rest of the board think like guys over seas. Even youth in district five has gone the same way. Select and then div one two and three in each age.
There no use to do this three groups when it comes to one weekend to destroy all you work for all year. I was looking at div three standings I see FC Serbija is out from promotion. I though for Sure with Sasa and all them coaches team would move up the Levels. Maybe next year.
I see you guys are doing better this year same for Trace and his side. I have second little grand son and heave head hard time to watch as many games as last year. All I can tell you Premier sure looks like bunch of little boys running around. In my time if you were not six foot 185 or 195 you head no buiss in Premier league.
Till both Fraser Valley and VMSL join and run Premier league as one nothing will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0