Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Results, Predictions & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Trace I did not tape it. When I saw Pacfica with nine guys and you guys with ten. Truly Pacifica needs to join over thirty five's for most they look older. It must be hard on a guy running a club to see 8/9 guys showingup. Five zip is a close score last knight. You guys head ten shots with in 12 yards of the net and missed all of them including threee free kicks from 20 yards out. One or two young guys on your team can play ball. Your number ten has a skill to be a leader but must slow down think team and lower shots. Little guy on the right side on your team is a dam good player. Nuber 16 could become a good player with outer view of the pitch. Better than last year. You still need a holding mid.
I must give Pacifica plus for playing 90 minutes with nine guys. Div three soccer is always like that. Few teams are a power houses and few scramble to hasve 10 guys on the pitch. Ref did a darn good job last knight. Nice to see.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base:
  1. Pacific played the first 15 minutes with 9 players. 10th player was their goalkeeper.
  2. Everybody looks older when you're playing against guys under 20, and we had 7 in our lineup. Most of Pacifica's guys will admit to being in their late 20's.
  3. Not what I would call the strongest lineup, but we'll accept the points quietly. You won't hear me gloating about the team's effort, as I posted earlier.
  4. There are a couple of guys who can play the holding role offensively, but still need a lot of work defensively.
  5. Yes, this is still Div. 3 ball.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace almost all of their guys are over 32 years old some 38. In last knight game onley tree guys were under thirty. I do kow few guys there. Older guys did not showup, lots of them play on over thirty fives on other clubs. No one cares. It's over thirty fives. They are nice guys but they need to get guys or go and play in Div three in Burnaby League or over thirty fives. Four five guys left over can allways find a teams. Clubs are always looking for players. If you tie a game or two every so often and develop few younger guys I can see it. If not there is no reason to get kicked in the but every weekend.
As you can see with youth. When clubes use gold players to play in silver soccer. No rules any more. No one cares about kids or seniors here. Get the money and all is well. Friends United are in same boat. Way over their heads. Even with a younger team. I hope Randy gives it bit of time and thinks what that does to guys getting beat five zip each weekend. One zip is nothing that's a close game. When you see how maney goals Pacifica lets in you have to think of players. It is no dam fun for them. You could have scored five more with all the sitters you head.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very exciting game between Cliff Cobras and Bowen Island on Saturday. Cliff won 1-0 and showed a huge amount of team spirit throughout. Looks to me like they've gone out and added some good young players who will be inconsistent at first but clearly have a lot of potential. I was impressed with the counter-attacking game they played against us and they have some decent pace and skill up front. Their back line isn't as strong, but their defenders sure as Hell stuffed our boys on Saturday, and their keeper made some outstanding saves.

Boners came out flat and gave up a PK about 5 minutes in then chased the game for the remaining 85 minutes. Second half we had 90% of the play and plenty of good chances but awful finishing, matched with a strong Cobra keeper's performance, kept us off the scoreboard. This reminded me a bit of our game against the Snipers, where they completely outplayed us and we won 1-0 anyway, hanging on for dear life at the end. Only this time we were team who dropped the points.

Hats off to Cliff who seem to have really turned things around after a slow start. In the meantime, we are going to issue glasses to all of our strikers and wingers because, clearly, they need some help seeing there the Hell the net is.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Todays game Sighnmaster vs Estaghlal was all one sided. Estaghlal has got to go long ways to be able to win games in Div three. Two three guys know the game rest just fill in. Keeper on Estengal keapt the team in the game. Hud off to him. Hud off. The score was one zip for Sighnmaster late in the second half. Shighnmaster head atleast ten very good chances to put the Estanghlal away for good. Nuber ten of Estenghlal has the skill to play the game at higher level but chip shots of his will coast him few games this year. Nuber 12 young man up front can play the game. He made few very good runs.
Could playe easy div two soccer. Singhmaster guys sure pass nice and try to play good old atacking soccer. Age is slowing them down but it still looks good. 8 or 9 yellow cards were given by Miso who did a fantastic job to keap them from punching each other.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Ante Up did win yesterday. Not bad for bunch of out of shape X Dunbar players. They might check with BC soccer as far as the name goes.It was not given to anybody on paper. I hurd owner will clame it back at the end of a year.
Nice to see old Hud playing OK ball.
Strikers and Greeners tied yestrday. Must have been good tilt.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in bit of todays game Ante-UP vs Surrey side. Good pace game. Surrey side is a young team that used to play in Fraser Valley U21 League. You can see that they attack well as a unit. Midfielders come up and support the play. Surrey side 2 to zero win yet Ante-up head two clear cut chances to tie it up. Shooting is the biggest part of the game. Some guys are just not willing. Nice to see good soccer in Div three. A group teams are much better than the B group.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greencaps 12 - 0 NorWest. They showed up with 10 (apparently that happens most weeks according to one of their players which seems rather ridiculous). With 15 minutes still to play, one of their guys went off, i don't know if he'd given up, was injured or had to leave but one of their guys then asked the ref to finish the game early and due to a fair amount of ear ache he was getting from them he seemed only too keen to blow up which in hindsight might have been a good thing as a couple of NorWest guys seemed intent to try and hurt someone before the end of the game, putting in some 'unnecessarily hard' challenges.

If you can't manage to field 11 players each week then i'd say 'sod off' as I'm sure there are plenty more organised teams wanting a VMSL slot who were denied, ourselves being one of them last year.

Anyway hopefully they can sort it out and get some guys in for the 2nd half of the season.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in first fifteen minutes of Celtic game vs Srbs United. Serbs took a three to zero lead and cold have scored two more. Trace has a tough job on his hands comitment from the players needs to be better. Serbs look like team Iran with two skilled player on their side. Nuber ten older left footed guy schools Celtic defenders for most. Also a left forward and an African on the right side called moe. Left wing sneaks in late with good tatch. Trace needs few guys from over thirty five from Joe Pintos side to help out. Guys like Joey Corrado to help the youth grow.
I lef early game, was so one sided but nowhere near as bad as Nor West game bv Green Caps. Greeners trashed Nor West 12 zip.
Man you have to do more than party if you get kicking like that. Now that would be a bad outcome.

Last edited:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-1 at the half with a chance for a comeback, but that was as frustratingly close as we got. Once again, too many old borrowed legs on the pitch, especially when the masters' team had just finished playing at noon. Missing 8 guys from a roster of 18 does us no favours...:mad:

A couple of guys played quite well for us; not faulting Neo on any of the goals as he was definitely quite busy between the pipes for us, and had Joe2 been able to put away his sitter when it was still 3-1 it may have finished a very different game. 5-1 final as they were able to slide in two more in the 2nd half, but definitely not indicative of the capabilities of either team. Some advice for their #10: never beak at a guy who can turn you into a pretzel. You're a reasonably skilled player, but you need to learn when you should talk and when to just shut up.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I lef early game, was so one sided but nowhere near as bad as Nor West game bv Green Caps. Greeners trashed Nor West 12 zip.
Man you have to do more than party if you get kicking like that. Now that would be a bad outcome.

That's it Base???? They're not sheep firks?? Surely you must have some insight on which stage of the sex change process their coach is currently on, no ??? Talk about a double standard.

If only you had been their to tell them to call the game earlier...

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's it Base???? They're not sheep firks?? Surely you must have some insight on which stage of the sex change process their coach is currently on, no ??? Talk about a double standard.

If only you had been their to tell them to call the game earlier...
Sheep Firk united

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bowen Island FC Men should be changing the team name to "Bow Firks" based on the way the boys from the rock have been playing lately. We would stick with Boners but the team has been far too limp to deserve that nickname. We've picked up some injuries to key players over the past month and and it has been harder than ever to get 11 guys out each week. Sunday night at 6 at Burnaby Lakes was a real killer for a couple of the guys with families, with the result that we only had 10 healthy guys for our match last night against Esteglal. We eventually put 11 on the pitch but one of the injured guys TOFTT and limped around trying to do as well as he could.

Once again the lads gave up an early goal again and then had to chase the game, finally losing 0-1 to Esteglal. All credit to Esteglal who worked hard and beat the Bow Firks to the ball all night. If Esteglal's forwards could hit the broad side of a barn --I thought OUR finishing was bad--they would have won 3 or 4 to 0. We'll be signing a couple more guys this week from the Bowen rec league, which won't help the quality much but at the very least should enable us to get consistent numbers out for matches. Sucking on the pitch lately, but still having a blast in our first season in VMSL.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a supporter of soccer, both teams head 11 guys on the pitch. For div 3 that's dam good. How come you guys named your self Sebija United. Crnogora does not want to be with Srebia. Montenegrian Stalions would be better name. You boys play nice soccer. Keap it up, I see you have one or two Bosnians on your side. All good players.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell hapend to Pacifica last game? It sas ICP. It's not like those guys to start a fight. They play nice soccer in first half. The due to shape and lack of subs team dies in second half.
Third div is mad place to play soccer in. Some teams are div one level some teams div four level. I truly hope Rubin keaps two groups of Div three and adds a div four group. Teams can have more fun to play in div four. Older guys can play extra year or two. For most most teams have guys thirty and older in div three.
Must say I was impressed with the play of Ante up.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base: Incomplete games usually mean that the lights didn't stay on long enough. If the game was abandoned due to fights, it would have been shown as "ABD."

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Trace my bad. Those boys did not look like they head it in them to fight. Loosing like that each game I give them credit showing up.
You your self need two three young serious player to move up the standing chart. Using over thirty five year old guys just kills, most of those guys have no legs to play two games a week. Good luck in your next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts