Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Results, Predictions & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer8

Jan 19, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
3b seems to be boring wit greencaps and snipers to fight it out.....but 3a looks very tight......doesnt seem to be much talk about it.....any games worth a watch this wekend? I see greencaps and snipers meet next wekend....

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The math works.

DIV 2 Currently 3x10=30 teams
3 teams promoted to div 1 and 3 relegated=still 30 teams
3 teams relegated from each division (9 total)=21 teams
3 teams promoted from div 3=24 teams (2 divisions of 12)

The promotion rules have to be the same as outlined in the league by-laws. Can't just decide to pull a fast one..."yeah we know you won your division but we're restructuring..."

It was the same when the FVSL reorganized-there was still promotion as usual.

The real question is what happens to div 3 with 30 teams? 3 tables of 10 (like div 2 currently). Seems most likely at least for one season until they make a decision about a possible div 4.

STID

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks - strathcona vs strikers tonight and ante up vs falconetti's are big games at the top this week.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer8 your way works for me if that's what they are doing. Div two, two groups of 12 works for playoffs. Again I agree with it. But I realy think they have to drop three teams from each group in Div three and form div four. This makes for much more fun for guys that just practice once and go and play a game. Teams that work on fitness twice a week kill the clubs with lack of fitness. For most teams just care to play a game on a weekend. Only thouse two three teams that realy want to move up the scale will bring in better players and do that. I can see Rubin is trying to make a better league and play bettter soccer. Willy was trying to do that also but he head tomuch on his plate tilll he added few guys. Both good soccer people only thing Rubin is a better peron with people. Willy is an x teacher has no patians. It will take three four years and Rubin will make the league a better place to play in. If he gets rid of Cat that would be the best he can do. Premier teams sighn twenty guys they realy do not need Cat system.

ChunkyMonkey

Feb 23, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
the next couple weeks are huge in 3A... some tight match ups that could result in some draws and allow teams to start separating from the rest. it will be interesting to see if any of the teams are able to separate from the pack or if it remains a big cluster f*ck of teams taking turns holding the #1 spot for a week at a time.

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the years they head a payoff between top two teams. Only one side moved up. Unless they are doing something new this year. I just don't thinkso that three teams will moveup. Willy onece told me no teams will be added and than he added three Italian sides in div three. I donnt't know what to tell you. Your best bet is to phone Rubin. Willy tends to nap more. Div two is getting cut to two groups of ten teams I just don't se how that's possible to add three teams fom div three.

You do know "rubin" & "Willy" are on here right ???

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Base:

"Trace" tells his guys to play their heads off every week. What hurts them more than anything else is the lack of consistent turnouts - we have not been able to field the same roster two weeks in a row, and some players who were absolute rocks last season have become flakes this time around. Makes it rather difficult to get used to the guys you're trying to play with...

That said, this team will get better. Many of the guys on the roster are under 20, and are still developing. Before tomorrow's game at Adanac Beach was PPD, we would have had the first turnout without any borrowed players from the masters' team (who would all have been quite happy to watch from the sideline, beverages in hand).

The strongest teams I have seen in 3A so far have been Ante Up and Strikers. PCOV honestly didn't impress me, and Team Curva (Chaos) and Falconetti's were actually beatable on the day, had we more bodies on the field under the age of 40. Then again, speculating on incomplete information is just speculation; we need to play some more games first.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick boys woke up and looked out. Rainning like mad. Over where you guys get even more rain. The thought was rain out it coast money to go there, why go? You are right that'a sad. VMSL should fine a club five hundred for no show. That way clubs would go , would show class. You guys come over three four times a month here. I am sure Rubin will have a chat with them. Club is not doing so well. Maybe they head a bigger problem, that's getting enough guys to comit.
Most likley they will endup in Burnaby Soccer League. Lower level guys can have fun. VMSL you must have sixteen guys comming out on regular bases. Work hard on shape and drinking.
Trace Ante Up guys used to play for me before. There is three four very good players. Just the same they lost their last game. Maybe cards coast of a player or two.

ChunkyMonkey

Feb 23, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
The strongest teams I have seen in 3A so far have been Ante Up and Strikers. PCOV honestly didn't impress me, and Team Curva (Chaos) and Falconetti's were actually beatable on the day, had we more bodies on the field under the age of 40. Then again, speculating on incomplete information is just speculation; we need to play some more games first.

How can you say that a team failed to impress you after they handed you a 4-0 spanking .... ???? Did you guys even get a shot on net that game?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace I was lookinbg forward to watch Pacifica play this weeken. But soccer goods were not good to them. No game. God they get smashed each weekend. I would hate to be a keeper on that team.
You need six pack just to cool off.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer gods were def not smiling on the West Van and Bowen lads Saturday. The rain was ending but there was standing water all over the pitch so the ref called it. Really tough because we had a whopping 13 guys out for the first time this year and were psyched to play. Most of the boys headed straight to the Tap house to salvage something of the day.

3B is nothing like the tight race in 3A, but I saw on the excellent site that Cosmos tied Greencaps 2-2. Very sporting of Farq's boys to go and make next week's showdown with Snipers even more eventful. Boners are just hoping to score at least one freaking goal soon against someone, anyone....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ay all you soccer nuts come and watch the bottom two fight it out on Friday 9 PM upper Burnaby Lake Turf field 2. Pacifica is playing Athletic club. I am sure trace and his troups are not willing to lose to Pacifica. This should be a good game to bet on. I say Athletic should nip them in the but. But at the same time it is time for Pacifica to move up.
I just think I will go and watch this one. Might even tape a clip of this game. Not very many times you get to watch two teams with close ability to play each other. Cheers Trace. Go get the points.

Last edited:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can you say that a team failed to impress you after they handed you a 4-0 spanking .... ???? Did you guys even get a shot on net that game?
Several, actually. Just because my team played like shite doesn't mean that the team they lost to were anything to write home about either.

I just think I will go and watch this one. Might even tape a clip of this game. Not very many times you get to watch two teams with close ability to play each other. Cheers Trace. Go get the points.
...now there's the kiss of death right there:rolleyes: Friday night games aren't good to us; we lose too many guys to work commitments, and this time, the Masters' team is playing at the same time, so there aren't any guys available to borrow from them. Worst part about it is that Pacifica asked to have the game moved because they were going to lose too many guys to an out-of-town wedding, so this should really be a struggle for both teams.

We might have 11...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace you sound unable. That's like a bad capitain. Free kicks win the games. You must practice that bit more. I have wached Pacifica there is nothing to be scared of. Some days they come to play first half and play well. Second half boys just throw the towel in. Not sure why. Coach needs to bring smelling salts to wake them up. Should be fun to watch. I just don't see Pacifica staying around if the guys don't win a game. Lats of guys quit after Christmas and go and play golf.Loosing gets to many guys.
You need to call out Tristan Casco and few of his friends all east side guys that know how to play ball. Just need bit of shape. All X Grandview boys.
Kids will learn alot from them and will move forward.
Dog fight with out pitbull is no fan to watch. Good luck to both teams.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, so what I'm taking from Base here is even if your Pitbull goes to the Bay, don't become a team of frkin sheep. Then go out and get some old Bulls from the East side and you'll move forward. Got it.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RickG, if you've got it, you might want to get that checked out by a doctor... My decoder ring is broken again, so I need a Base-to-ingerlish translator.

Off to practice our free kicks.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace I did finish higher level school. I just like to joke with you boys. At the same time are you talking about something you have. Remember Joe is a friend of mine.
Free kicks will win you a game. Your boys get five six free kicks a game in around twenty five yards. All it takes is one or two and you'll win the game.
As I said I will come and tape bit of your game. It will be fun to watch over Chistmas holidays.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crnogorski now you know how to move up. It took you bit of time to get it. Just the same way is how you get in to the league.
Dog eat dog you are alert.
Give D Barac a call he has a kid that plays good ball. Ready for your level.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick you got it my man.Themeast side guys are only twenty five six years old.Some are like pitbulls and some have one or two pitbulls. Trace needs bit of strength in the midle of the Park and a guy or two that can play twenty minutes full out and score a goal.
I will go and watch the game tonigh. It should be a good laugh but also a good tilt betwee the two sides.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Started tonight 10 v 9 on the worst pitch at Burnaby Lake, and ended up 11 v 10. Not a good laugh, nor a good tilt, as the traffic was pretty well all one way. Credit to the guys from Pacifica who did show up and tried to make a game of it for at least the first half, but their legs gave out in the 2nd, and some of the far-too-many chances we had actually went in. 5-0 final with many chances that went begging as the young'uns lined up too many that they tried to make pretty instead of just taking the shots. Credit to Pacifica's keeper too, who played extremely well without much of a supporting cast.

Mr. Base did make an appearance for the 1st half, but disappeared after half time probably to watch the Premier game next door. No idea if there is game tape forthcoming like he threatened, but I don't know if there's anything I want to watch, especially that missed sitter in the first 20 minutes. As I said, we barely got 11 out, and despite Pacifica getting the game time moved to offset a wedding that a lot of their players were to be away for, their turnout was even worse.

Not taking a lot of satisfaction from this one, despite the bhoys being quite happy to get another win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0