Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL DIV 3] Results, Gossip, Predictions 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick I totally agree with you as far as DIV three and four. Same as for ref's pay. VMSL needs new direction to lift the level of soccer. Premier is good over all. Div one needs two groups of 8. Top two move up. Div three two groups of 16 top two move up. Div four two groups of 16 top two move up. Use a league game head to head for cup games. Top eight in each group go to play-off's knock out system. Simple easy more fun for guys in div four. You make so many good points in my opinion you should put your name forward in next years meeting as far as a guy that could be a director. To me Bill, Rubin and rest of the directors are doing a good job, reffing is behind in few areas needs new fix and new direction.
In valley soccer skill is bit lower than VMS but the way league is running way better.
You will see few more teams go to Burnaby league next year. That board sure knows how to run the program.
In that last game I took in ref was a total one sided SOB. In old days he would have been running to his car. It was dam close in the last game. People on the side lines were ready to go in.
Mr Bass
Thinks this is amazing

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two things. First, I want to know what SmartCoach was doing up at 1.23 AM. That is just waaaay past his bed time.

Second, the commute from Bowen to VMSL meetings pretty much precludes any likelihood of me getting involved in the organization. Hell. it is all I can do to get 11 guys out to a freaking football match every weekend.

Have to say, the new Mr. Base offers greater clarity, but I sort of miss the old 'sheep frucker' days.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two things. First, I want to know what SmartCoach was doing up at 1.23 AM. That is just waaaay past his bed time.

Second, the commute from Bowen to VMSL meetings pretty much precludes any likelihood of me getting involved in the organization. Hell. it is all I can do to get 11 guys out to a freaking football match every weekend.

Have to say, the new Mr. Base offers greater clarity, but I sort of miss the old 'sheep frucker' days.
Is it the real Mr Base

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know it is real Mr Base Rick. With new programs you need not go to meetings, it all can be done over a computer. Board needs new guys with new ideas. Soccer over all in BC needs a kick in the ars. We are slipping a bit.
I am going to go and see few more games from here in. If I see ref like that Bosnian game I will film a clip and pin it just so people can see what goes on. No one can have fun if ref thinks he is the game. Guy makes seventy dollars a game, on top of it he calls the game from the circle and fouls were called only one way.
In UK he would get the dart in the ars.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace what's going on you boys are slipping a bit this year? We all thought you would move up the way you guys played late last year. Are you getting the same ref?

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
3A Game report.
Bowen Islanders 4-Royal City 2. Exciting game. Boners went up 3-0 quickly and should have had 5 or 6 in the first half. Royals were down to 10 men by half time. Our guys got overconfident and we made a few questionable subs and Royals came out and got two goals in the first 20 mins of the second half. But, Boners retook control of the game again in the last 20 minutes, got a goal and had a lot more chances. Lots of fight in Royal City and hats off to those guys. They nearly pulled off one helluva comeback.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace what's going on you boys are slipping a bit this year? We all thought you would move up the way you guys played late last year. Are you getting the same ref?

Nope, nothing to do with reffing. We have lost 12 guys from last year's team, including Jesus of Dartmouth, who was arguably the best centre back in Div. 3.. 5 of the guys got picked up by school teams, 3 have left the country (1 had to return to Ireland; 2 to Colombia), and the rest we have lost to educational (course loads) and work commitments. These are the type of things that happen with young guys, who primarily underestimate the level of commitment required, and as a result, our attendance has suffered. We've had to pick up several new players, and it's taken a while to get them adjusted to each other as well as even all out to a game at the same time.

Hoping that the results will start to turn around as some of the school players come back (we have two on the team at Langara), but we've dug a pretty substantial hole to start the season in.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Trace, It would be hard if you got that many gone. I am going out to watch a game the after noon. We will see how this ref does, I just might film minute or two. I was out of town for a long while it"s hard to get back in to it.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Trace, It would be hard if you got that many gone. I am going out to watch a game the after noon. We will see how this ref does, I just might film minute or two. I was out of town for a long while it"s hard to get back in to it.
As U were out of town I filled in with mr Bass

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smart Coach you were never a hacker. That's not the fact. Junior of mine and and yours do know how .It really does not matter to me.I do know how to protect my self, you know me.
By the way I went to see Campo Libre A play. O god the name is field 5 A but them boys are not five It's not a Brasilian name. Italian mabe but it should be field I 5. It will take year or two or three for that team to hold it's own . Burnaby League Div three would be better for them boys. Ref made me laugh all the way home. His dress looked like a Toctoyoctook hunter. He stood in the mid Park and called the game. Not so bad but he lets tons go both ways. Does not Angelo have standard for ref's in VMSL? Black jackets and pants. Or blue jackets and pants. It looks bad from the side lines.
I was waiting for him to light up a cigar at half time.It was raining so hard that I left mid way due to wet close. Right D on the other team sure is a player. I wonder why Shahin let him go.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bosna 1 - Campo Libre A 4
On a night with heavy rain, Campo Libre managed to obtain three points out of Bosna. The Balkan team started strongly and played well in the first 20 minutes. They dominated possession and generated scoring opportunities, but most of the shots were off target. They went ahead on the scoreboard due to perfectly placed free kick. The ball traveled close to the ground and with a curve. It hit the post and went in. It was a very nice finish by the player and Bosna was deservedly ahead. Campo Libre could not get a flow in the game, but at least managed to neutralize the attacks of Bosna. In the last five minutes, fatigue started to set in for the Bosnians, as they stopped tracking the runs and were not pressing the build ups on the ground. A shot went wide after a good combination. This was just the warning of what was to come. A couple of minutes later, a similar played occured, but this time the shot beat the keeper and went into the bottom left corner. A very display of collective play.

Second half was completely dominated by Campo Libre. The ball barely left the Bosna side. The second goal was a firm long diagonal pass from the centre back to the penalty spot. The forward only had to touch it to put into the net. The third goal was from a corner kick. Ball to the first post and then deflected to the far post. The fourth goal was chip over the defensive line. The forward nicely time the run and went into a one versus one situation with the keeper. He calmly put the ball over the keeper.

After this game, Campo Libre is at the middle of the table (5th place) and with 50% record (3 wins, 3 losses, 2 ties). The next game will be against the Lucitanos and a win can put them in 4th place after the first round of games.

As for the referee. He was fine. I think that his dress code can be explained by the heavy rain. I think that he had to wear items to protect himself from the unprecedented heavy rain.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach that was a good comeback by you boys. I did see a guy with heavy jacket going to Bosnians at half time with something big under his jacket. Perhaps boys lost a focus,they were up one to zip in first half you guys tied it just minute to go in first half. Shape is the factor with both teams. Bosnians head no subs or maybe one. You guys might have added fresh legs and took it to them. I did like youth on both teams. Your right mid is way better than div three soccer. Young keeper on Bosnian side will get better he sure has the size for a guy in the net.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you for coming to the game Mr. Base. Feel free to come to any of our games and say hello to us. You comments, opinions, and thoughts are always welcome. It gives people something to think about and perhaps see things in a different angle.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach as you know soccer in lower mainland is so washed out with five League that you see one or two good players on each team. As a coach for many years in lower mainland all I can tell you is make sure your guys have fun. Div three is for guys who train once a week and go and play. Wining is fun but not at all cost.
Forming three four teams is just a bigger problem. In my opinion both league and the clubs are making same mistake. Most teams are controlled by the player as they have to pay to play. It really does not matter if your name is a coach or manager. VMSL league is all about coin, that's fine in my opinion. What I do not like is if ref's ask of you guys to have a dress code than they need to lead the code. Watching a ref dress poor lowers the standard of soccer. In my opinion league needs AR'S, Ar'S should be older guys that no longer play the game. Even if you guys gave them fifteen dollars each they would come out and make it look like a league should look like.
Across the line in US one can buy short jackets any style and rain pants for ref's Angelo does tons of refing in my opinion he should pay more look on his ref's and dress code. Bring the jackets and pants in and sell them to refs during the monthly meetings with VMSL on the back. Set-up a system that make VMS a better League. Angelo knows the game and does good job reffing, I am not so sure he spends much time on dress code as a must.
If we all look and dress as bums than the league turns in to it.
Good luck in your next game.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach as you know soccer in lower mainland is so washed out with five League that you see one or two good players on each team. As a coach for many years in lower mainland all I can tell you is make sure your guys have fun. Div three is for guys who train once a week and go and play. Wining is fun but not at all cost.
Forming three four teams is just a bigger problem. In my opinion both league and the clubs are making same mistake. Most teams are controlled by the player as they have to pay to play. It really does not matter if your name is a coach or manager. VMSL league is all about coin, that's fine in my opinion. What I do not like is if ref's ask of you guys to have a dress code than they need to lead the code. Watching a ref dress poor lowers the standard of soccer. In my opinion league needs AR'S, Ar'S should be older guys that no longer play the game. Even if you guys gave them fifteen dollars each they would come out and make it look like a league should look like.
Across the line in US one can buy short jackets any style and rain pants for ref's Angelo does tons of refing in my opinion he should pay more look on his ref's and dress code. Bring the jackets and pants in and sell them to refs during the monthly meetings with VMSL on the back. Set-up a system that make VMS a better League. Angelo knows the game and does good job reffing, I am not so sure he spends much time on dress code as a must.
If we all look and dress as bums than the league turns in to it.
Good luck in your next game.

Mr. Base,
You make very good points, and it is appreciated that you observe those details. Unfortunately, there is very little we can do. Believe me, I have tried in the past. At some moment, you just come to terms with what is given and make the most of it or try to see the positive angles (i.e. on that day I thought to myself at least a referee showed up and he did not affect the outcome of the game / I have been to ones where the referee does not bother to show up or the game gets completely ruined by very poor decisions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0