Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Predictions, Results & Banter 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi guys !

We are looking for a half-field to rent for practices during the season, anybody has something available ? (preferably not too far from downtown...)

Otherwise any team would be interested in a friendly game against the Frenchies (end of August) ?

Have a good prep !

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one with a half-field available for practices ? Of course we will pay our share of the rental, please let me know.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one with a half-field available for practices ? Of course we will pay our share of the rental, please let me know.

Have you asked the league? They would likely know who is using many of the adult field permits and have and idea of anyone who might be looking to sub-let.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look on the vmsl website under noticeboard. There is a team looking for a team to share their field.

Cyrus

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Scooter, great question. I've been told that it will be ready first week of September. Unfortunately, makes scheduling the rest of our lives very difficult.

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 1 : France FC 1 vs 0 Campo Atletico

We randomly played Campo Atletico a week before the official game as a Friendly game, which ended with a 5 - 1 in our favors so we were expected a tough game for our first official match this season against them, and we have been served.

Even if we had the ball possession and a lot of goal opportunistes during the whole game, Campo Atletico played with a big engagement and a strong defense. They have been dangerous the whole time with a lot of free kicks and counter attacks, betting mostly on the speed of their forwards. We were impressed by their defense abilities and their strong organization, really different than during the friendly game a week earlier. They resisted until the very last moments of the game as we scored our goal after the 90th minute. In the end, I think it's a deserved victory as we dominated most of the game but I have to admit that a draw wouldn't have been scandalous either. Always a pleasure to play against Campo (Libre?) Atletico !

A good game for us, what's best to start the season with a last-minute victory !

We are now looking forward to play against Akal FC next week. We never played against them so it will be an interesting game for sure !

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boners 1, PCOV Benfica 1.
A fast physical game that could have gone either way, with both teams missing good opportunities late in the match to snatch the 3 points.
Maybe it is just me, but I have the sense that there has been a noticeable jump up in the overall level of play in Div. 3 since we joined the league in 2013-14. Back then there would be two or three very good teams in each pool but also three or four teams who struggled week after week. Now, it seems, in our pool at least, that there won't be many easy games at all. Or maybe group A in Div 3 is this year's divisional group of death, with any one of 5 or 6 teams capable of winning on any given day? Looks like it will be a very interesting season! It was sheer joy to be back out there on great sunny fall day.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missed the sunny fall day...

Celtic 3 Club America 4 in the pissing rain. Lots of offence in both directions, and some dodgy defensive decisions made for the type of game that fans love and coaches hate. Neither team did particularly well in the middle of the pitch, and both will need to tighten up defensively going forward. PCOV Benfica for us next week.

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 2 : France FC 5 - 1 Akal FC

A pleasant game played without rain (Sunday 10am), even if we had a really bad first 15 minutes playing something else than our usual possession style, we got back into our usual tactic in the second part of the first half ... And good for us we scored 2 goals before half time. The second half was largely dominated by FFC as Akal FC gave up after the third goal. I wanted to highlight their very good forward who did an excellent game, technical and fast he was rewarded with a nice goal at the end of the match. Note that we played without 2 key players (our Goalkeeper and one midfilder).

Also a special mention to the referee who did an excellent job, one of the best we have seen in the league since we started last season !

A nice start for France FC with 2 wins in a row, ranking 1st in pool B with more goals scored.

We are now looking forward to play against Ex Patriots FC next week !

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 3 - Ex Patriot FC 2 - 2 France FC

We started the game with the 'shittiest' first half we ever done... Ex Patriot FC played high on the field with an excellent pressing, they were tough in every contacts and play all together.. The exact opposite of what we have done, I barely recognized our team in this first half, lost 2-0.

After a big talk during half time, we came back on the field with a real fighting spirit. We struggled to score but we finally did in the middle of the 2nd half... With a real good defense Ex Patriot FC resisted until the end of the game but we finally equalized on a free kick at the 89th minutes.

I think a draw is fair as they dominated the first half and FFC the second half... They complained a lot about the ref during 2nd half and after the game, but honestly they shouldn't burn that much energy in arguing with a ref, I don't know if there were a fault on the last free kick when we scored (I wasn't close enough on the field) but they clearly got out of their game because of that... but also because we pushed real hard with multiple occasions.

It was a tough game against a good team with a strong organization and a real strategy, we are looking forward to play against them again in few months but this time we won't play only 45 minutes ! Their coach came talk to us at the end saying he will send a formal complain about the ref, we didn't agree but we appreciated the courtesy for the heads up. Tough players but gentlemen, a spirit we like at FFC.

No game next week-end for FFC, next game will be vs GFC United A Lions on October, 7.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of good early season fixtures on the docket this weekend as the two teams tied atop the 3A table with 10 points from 4 games clash when Westside host @RickG and the Boners. Technically recently relegated Lobbans are likely the "top team" in the division, given they have a perfect 9 points from their 3 games played, but it should still be an entertaining tilt. Bowen Island have been a good Div. 3 side for a few seasons now and perhaps this is the season where they put it all together and make a promotion push.

The Match of the Week is likely over in 3C where 4-0 Richmond host 4-0 North Delta on Friday night at Hugh Boyd. Richmond have been clattering the goals in at an astonishing pace have scored an absurd 29 goals over 4 games (that's 7.25 per game if you're keeping track at home...). We'll see if North Delta can put up some resistance this weekend or if Richmond are perhaps this season's Coquitlam Metro Ford Lupi, who incidentally skated past Richmond on their way to the 3C title last season. Should be a cracker!

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yesterday's Boners - Westside clash was far from the Div 3 matchup that C4E mentions above. It was one of those days for us where everything that could go wrong, did. To start, it was Bowen 'Apple Fest' and the island was over-run with tourists. Great for local businesses, but it meant that the ferries were packed and we had two guys who got overloaded, after arriving with what would normally be plenty of time.

Two of those guys were starters on our back line. Then, in the warmup, one of our starting centre backs was accidentally elbowed in the nose by a teammate during a drill and fell to the ground, nose gushing blood and in obvious pain. We cleaned him up and he tried to play but I suspect his nose is possibly broken and he was unable to play very long, and was far off his game, when he did. Meanwhile our best central midfielder had to fill in on the back line and our other starting central mid had to miss the first half because he is moving in with his girlfriend and they were delayed shopping at Ikea.

I'm not making this up.

On top of this the Boners played like complete shite. Our makeshift back line gave the ball away repeatedly to Westside pressure in our back third and that led to 3 goals, one within less than 10 minutes. In the second half the Ikea guy arrived as well as our regular starting centre back and we got a bit steadier. Westside got 2 more goals and we got 1, but I was pleased to see the guys working hard and not quitting. Even though they outscored us I thought we had more chances than they did in the second half and the half felt more like a game than the rout it had become. Even so we were reduced to booting the ball up the field and I think the guys only made more than 3 passes in succession a few times in the whole half. Ugh!

Still, all credit to Westside. They aren't a big team, but they are very fast, very skilled and very strong in the central midfield. One of their central midfielders is the best player I've seen in our pool so far this season. Their shape was excellent and they played with great width and discipline. It is clearly a well coached side. They will be hard to beat this year.

I always say VMSL is more like a marathon than a sprint and we'll see who is playing well in December and January. We will likely be one of the top 5 sides in the pool this year, but, there is absolutely no way that the Boners will threaten for promotion. West Side will be the team to beat. Still, it is going to be a close race between them and at least 3 other teams.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Still, all credit to Westside. They aren't a big team, but they are very fast, very skilled and very strong in the central midfield. One of their central midfielders is the best player I've seen in our pool so far this season. Their shape was excellent and they played with great width and discipline. It is clearly a well coached side. They will be hard to beat this year.

I always say VMSL is more like a marathon than a sprint and we'll see who is playing well in December and January. We will likely be one of the top 5 sides in the pool this year, but, there is absolutely no way that the Boners will threaten for promotion. West Side will be the team to beat. Still, it is going to be a close race between them and at least 3 other teams.

Westside was good, definitely young and fast but defence is beatable. It's easy to get under their skin and throw them off their game. They'll do well just based off their youth and speed. We've yet to play Lobbans (this season) and I expect they'll be solid, they're always well coached if Randy is still there. Surprised to see Lobbans lost to Vancity Snipers this past weekend.

So far for us, I thought Strathcona looked the sharpest. Tough squad with experience, very strong in the middle of the pitch, moved the ball well. We were lucky to eek out a 1-1 tie, but both sides saw some good looks to go up one or two.

I expect to see Westside and Strathcona finish in the top 3 for sure.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it would appear that Westside have wrested at least short term control of 3A with their win over Bowen, combined with Lobbans surprise loss. Both teams have games you would expect them to win this weekend ahead of a looming showdown the following week. Bowen's credentials are set to be tested again this week with a home game against the above mentioned Strathcona in the 3A MOTW.

The big 3C clash last weekend was won by Richmond 2-0 over North Delta. They will have another decent test against a top half side in West Coast Celts, though Richmond will be favourites. Again, it is next weekend that looms large with Greencaps B, who also own a 100% record and are behind Richmond only because they have played a game less, on the horizon. Greencaps will look to stay perfect this weekend against mid-table Cosmos.

3B has much more parity. Siaron leads the way on 10 points, but the next five teams in the table are all within three points and have all played a game less. Looks like it will take a little bit longer for any favourites to emerge in this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts