Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haven't seen any sign of divisional alignments yet, nor any confirmation of new teams.

VAFC Celtic are looking to set up a pre-season friendly (or not so friendly) with anyone else in Div. 3. Please PM me and I'll put you in contact with our coach to set a game up.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early days....

Campo Libre 1 VAFC Celtic 3. Both teams with large numbers of players trying to impress enough to make rosters. Don't think either side is close to a final lineup yet, but there were a couple of guys with good potential. No real issues or aggro during the game, so a good evening's exercise. 2 more games lined up for this weekend.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early days....

Campo Libre 1 VAFC Celtic 3. Both teams with large numbers of players trying to impress enough to make rosters. Don't think either side is close to a final lineup yet, but there were a couple of guys with good potential. No real issues or aggro during the game, so a good evening's exercise. 2 more games lined up for this weekend.

Good game. Thank you. Good Luck to you this season. I hope that we are not in the same division as you will have a good team this year.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 - 1 draw yesterday between VAFC Celtic and Joga Bonito. Quince Verde with the goal for Celtic, as we played a lineup comprised primarily of hopefuls who weren't quite as familiar with each other as they will need to become.

They have a couple of skillful players with pace up front, but will be exposed by teams with a bit of strength through the middle.

One more friendly tonight vs. Royal City, so we'll see how the hangovers from last night's farewell party for our centre back (he's returning to Australia) fare against Phil's boys.

No idea how representative the level of play we've see thus far will be with this group, but hey - it's Div. 3, with all the inconsistencies and unevenness that variable turnouts bring to one's lineup.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 - 1 draw yesterday between VAFC Celtic and Joga Bonito. Quince Verde with the goal for Celtic, as we played a lineup comprised primarily of hopefuls who weren't quite as familiar with each other as they will need to become.

They have a couple of skillful players with pace up front, but will be exposed by teams with a bit of strength through the middle.

One more friendly tonight vs. Royal City, so we'll see how the hangovers from last night's farewell party for our centre back (he's returning to Australia) fare against Phil's boys.

No idea how representative the level of play we've see thus far will be with this group, but hey - it's Div. 3, with all the inconsistencies and unevenness that variable turnouts bring to one's lineup.
Thank you for the information, @trece verde . Good result for you guys.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stuff gets posted on the website when GCatliff finishes putting it together.

Groups are already out, just not published on the league's site. See Soccer Coach's post above for 3A. Each team should be able to see both its group contents and an individualized schedule. We have this:

9/10/2016 2:00PM Ante Up United - VAFC A Celtic Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN

Last night's result: Royal City U 7 VAFC Celtic 0 - Phil has a decent squad who have obviously played together before, and more importantly, he had them available. We had a very different side from what was available to play against Joga and Campo previously, as a number of the signed players booked it out of town for the remainder of the long weekend, and we gave our more remote hopefuls big minutes. Let's just say that if any of them are getting signed, they'll be part of our reserves. The hangovers from the previous night also hadn't worn off for a lot of the guys either, which definitely accounted for our anemic performance.

Royal City have a number of very young guys who played with composure, and have decent team speed. Depending on how America does with their player signings, these guys may challenge for a promotional spot.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My money is on Westside to win 3A. They've been at the top of the CAT division for a few years, and mostly played together at a Div 1 level in summer.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stuff gets posted on the website when GCatliff finishes putting it together.

Groups are already out, just not published on the league's site. See Soccer Coach's post above for 3A. Each team should be able to see both its group contents and an individualized schedule. We have this:

9/10/2016 2:00PM Ante Up United - VAFC A Celtic Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN

Last night's result: Royal City U 7 VAFC Celtic 0 - Phil has a decent squad who have obviously played together before, and more importantly, he had them available. We had a very different side from what was available to play against Joga and Campo previously, as a number of the signed players booked it out of town for the remainder of the long weekend, and we gave our more remote hopefuls big minutes. Let's just say that if any of them are getting signed, they'll be part of our reserves. The hangovers from the previous night also hadn't worn off for a lot of the guys either, which definitely accounted for our anemic performance.

Royal City have a number of very young guys who played with composure, and have decent team speed. Depending on how America does with their player signings, these guys may challenge for a promotional spot.

Thank you, @trece verde . If anything serves like consolation, Mexico lost 7 - 0 to Chile after having 12 undefeated games and beating Chile 1-0 a month before. Accidents happen in soccer.

I concur with @dezza that Westside is on paper the strongest side. However, they are beatable. I do not see them running with the first place like Burnaby Athletic (18 straight wins and close to 100 goals).

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No chance Westside runs away with the division, but I am sure they will be disappointed if they are not in contention down the stretch come the new year. Royal City seems to have made a statement; even if it was pre-season, 7-0 is 7-0.

My sources tell me that Westside's first game is Friday at Royal City so perhaps an early measuring stick?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No idea who France FC is, but I guess we'll all find out.

Are Royal City that good? Dunno. I haven't seen Westside play yet. I know that with the players who were missing, we definitely aren't as bad as a 7-0 scoreline might indicate (considering we had Red Light Special in goal, and he had a disaster of a night). Don't know that "accident" is the correct term for it; more like "new coach tries to stick the reserves out against an unknown opponent in a new formation and see what happens." We weren't expecting great things, but there was definitely learning going on about what these guys are and aren't capable of.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
No idea who France FC is, but I guess we'll all find out.

Are Royal City that good? Dunno. I haven't seen Westside play yet. I know that with the players who were missing, we definitely aren't as bad as a 7-0 scoreline might indicate (considering we had Red Light Special in goal, and he had a disaster of a night). Don't know that "accident" is the correct term for it; more like "new coach tries to stick the reserves out against an unknown opponent in a new formation and see what happens." We weren't expecting great things, but there was definitely learning going on about what these guys are and aren't capable of.
Westside is good, @trece verde ; they will be for sure the best in the Division 3A. I have seen them a lot over the season in CAT games, Multicultural League, and Richmond Leauge. Quite a few of them are the product of academies (i.e TSS and the like).
Sometimes we have managed to tie them, but we pretty much parked the bus and put 10 guys in front of the penalty box.
They are well coached and are fast and do very well in the one touch.
Out of curiosity, what formation are you playing?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do you see the schedule, I can't find it online...
It just means that he is one of the administrators of Westside.
Winter Season 9/11/2016 10:00AM France FC - West Coast Saints Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 9/18/2016 6:00PM America FC - France FC [To Be Determined] MR Roster
Winter Season 9/25/2016 10:00AM France FC - VAFC A Celtic Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 10/2/2016 4:00PM Westside FC Juniors - France FC Point Grey Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 10/9/2016 10:00AM France FC - Royal City SC A Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 10/15/2016 2:00PM Ante Up United - France FC Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 10/23/2016 10:00AM France FC - Joga Bonito FC Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 10/30/2016 2:00PM Burnaby Selects AFC - France FC Bby Lake West 1 Turf - BBY MR Roster
Winter Season 11/5/2016 1:30PM Campo Libre - France FC Bby Lake West 2 Turf - BBY MR Roster
Winter Season 11/12/2016 12:00PM West Coast Saints - France FC Hillcrest SE Grass - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 11/20/2016 10:00AM France FC - America FC Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 11/27/2016 2:00PM VAFC A Celtic - France FC Empire Turf South - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 12/4/2016 10:00AM France FC - Westside FC Juniors Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 12/9/2016 8:15PM Royal City SC A - France FC Queens Park East Turf - NWEST MR Roster
Winter Season 12/18/2016 10:00AM France FC - Ante Up United Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 1/7/2017 6:00PM Joga Bonito FC - France FC Memorial South Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 1/15/2017 10:00AM France FC - Burnaby Selects AFC Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN MR Roster
Winter Season 1/22/2017 10:00AM France FC - Campo Libre Andy Livingstone E Turf - VAN MR Roster

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts