Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It didn't make the final cut.
Ah, well then. Difficult to comment on the veracity of the decision.

There are any number of reasons why a referee can stop the play (often times you will see them try and whistle before the corner or free kick and then have a word before allowing the kick to be taken). Certainly if there is any kind of infraction, impeding an opponent being one of them, then he is well within his rights to blow it dead and award a free kick.

However, there is no explicitly prescribed "2 metre/yard zone" around a goalkeeper...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greencaps officially relegated after a 1-1 draw with Gastown.

Looks like caps held the lead until the last minute, and then went off on the ref either after the goal or after the game.

Would be interested to hear a match report

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relegation playoff basically set as well after Twin Arrows earn a huge point against Serbia.

Bulldogs from 2A against Gastown from 2B likely unless Twin Arrows lose all three games left on their schedule and Gastown win their final game. That would lead to a classic pre-playoff playoff just like last season when Gastown survived by beating Greencaps (who then survived by beating Bombastic).

That Twin Arrows/Serbia draw also opens the door just slightly for Bingers. With two games in hand and a head to head with Serbia still to come, they are guaranteed to finish at least level on points at the top if they win out.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Gastown fail to beat Harps this weekend then Twin Arrows remaining fixtures are irrelevant

Cyrus

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since the summer forum seems pretty dead, I thought I'd ask here: where all of your clubs playing this summer?

In the last few years, we've been playing in the Knights League, but we're going to move on. We're looking at RASA (Richmond) and CESL, but what do others think? Are there other good options out there or do you have any thoughts on the leagues I mentioned? Thanks in advance!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RASA has 2 divisions and they play consistent nights (Div 1 thurs, Div 2 tues) so that makes things easier for people to schedule around. We generally have a team in each of the divisions.

KSL is highly variable depending on what division you are in. I ran a team in the O35 North and we enjoyed it well enough to return. I've heard mixed reviews from teams in other divs.

CESL is very low level. Basically Div 3 soccer.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
RASA has 2 divisions and they play consistent nights (Div 1 thurs, Div 2 tues) so that makes things easier for people to schedule around. We generally have a team in each of the divisions.

KSL is highly variable depending on what division you are in. I ran a team in the O35 North and we enjoyed it well enough to return. I've heard mixed reviews from teams in other divs.

CESL is very low level. Basically Div 3 soccer.
I would strongly recommend the Richmond summer league if you are looking for a great summer league. I have played multi cultural and a few games in knights too but RASA is the summer meca and it’s like comparing the epl to the mls.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS.

The reason summer forum(s) are dead is because it is WINTER!

No more off-topic crap about summer, learn to use the site properly and go from there.

Fcukers.

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Gastown fail to beat Harps this weekend then Twin Arrows remaining fixtures are irrelevant

Have heard a couple murmurs that both Gastown and Rino's have been contacted by the league with respect to playing the relegation playoff game sometime in the coming weeks. Any info on this @dezza ?

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do things look like forward for the vmsl going forward? It will be interesting to see how they handle the relegations and promotions. 2B still has yet to be decided maybe Serbia wants to play the army where we have to beat them twice in a row to see who goes up?

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do things look like forward for the vmsl going forward? It will be interesting to see how they handle the relegations and promotions. 2B still has yet to be decided maybe Serbia wants to play the army where we have to beat them twice in a row to see who goes up?

If you look at Urban Rec's proposed return to play guidelines, I don't know how a serious league like VMSL could operate under these guidelines:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts