Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobcheesefinger

Sep 30, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
They probably figured they'd get away with it. How many guys off the other team would you recognize? How many would you know are suspended? I wouldn't have a clue
Very true! And to add to that, their first game with the Legion was a tie so probably thought that this would be a tougher challenge than it turned out to be. Perhaps it's not their first rodeo and figured that they hadn't been caught in the past so why not do it again?

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would the protest make up of? I assume the only way to prove it is if the referee can identify the guy who was suspended played. Sounds like a good old fashion police line up. Most irish people are all equally handsome though so might be a hard line up.

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
so they played Billy Lane who would of been suspneded after the game vs the Harps under a different card?
Worth noting that Billy Lane is their top goal scorer on the year, by far, with 8 goals. With respect to how this works? Good question. I can't really think of any sort of evidence you'd be able to muster up aside from the ref identifying a head shot. Not sure if anyone from Legion is on the forum and has any info. Far as how long this will take, I'm going to set the over under at February 15th, and I'm taking the over. All that being said, be prepared this week to have your head shots looked at in detail!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If memory serves, then protests are usually ruled on at VMSL Board of Directors meetings which are scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month. So expect a decision by Dec 3.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes usually a BoD meeting...which I believe are Mondays. So whenever the next one is (BoD schedule might get jumbled by holiday break).

Presumably if Legion were smart they would have snapped a photo of the player in question while he was playing?? Without that I guess it comes down to what the referee says and I find it difficult to see them overturning the result based on that. Especially considering that the referee apparently did not see any issue with the original ID check as per the account of events relayed he went back to do a second ID check afterwards.

Who knows how the BoD will rule, trying to predict that is like trying to pick lottery numbers. That said, they have historically VERY RELUCTANT to grant protests....

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monday, Tuesday, same difference :p

If Legion was really smart they'd have video of Strathcona calling the player in question by his real (suspended) name

headtheball

Nov 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes usually a BoD meeting...which I believe are Mondays. So whenever the next one is (BoD schedule might get jumbled by holiday break).

Presumably if Legion were smart they would have snapped a photo of the player in question while he was playing?? Without that I guess it comes down to what the referee says and I find it difficult to see them overturning the result based on that. Especially considering that the referee apparently did not see any issue with the original ID check as per the account of events relayed he went back to do a second ID check afterwards.

Who knows how the BoD will rule, trying to predict that is like trying to pick lottery numbers. That said, they have historically VERY RELUCTANT to grant protests....

Apparently when the ref went to do a second check on ID, the player made a run for it, still wearing the full kit. Sounds clear cut

• Haha
Reactions: TC3

DerHoots

Mar 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMF Lobos v Metro 3-1
BCT Apna Tigers v Rangers 2-1
Hrvat v Westside 1-0
Rinos Bulldogs v Romania 3-0
Meraloma v Marpole Tropics 1-1
Shaheen v Snipers 2-2

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL web page still showing that the game is under protest. Logically, those types of protests should be discussed right away instead of waiting the next Board meeting. Things like this can be discussed over the phone, Skype, whatever else is available out there for communication.

Anyway, last year in Division 2 the league allowed one team to have 3 games in hand at the end of regular schedule which made competition weird, to say at least. It would really look bad if Legion's protest was not addressed yet. Maka a decision now, inform everyone in the league, and move on.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
They did use ineligible player. A referee should be able to identify a player by having player's cards shown to him by VMSL board. Did this player play or not? However that should be done next day or so. More time it passes, it gets more difficult to remember unless a ref personally knows the player. Of course soccer community is small, thus a lot of refs know key players from each team. I have heard that some refs let suspended players play, and say you play but if the other team protests you will lose. Wait and see..

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes refs have no power over if they play or not but simply can put in their report.

Who was the ref that game? if it was one of the veterans they likely would remember the personal a bit better then a new face.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@big gk is bang on. Refs cannot stop anyone from playing. Even if the team straight up tells them a guys is suspended and is going to play anyway, the referee cannot stop them. Obviously a situation as extreme as that is unlikely to occur, but just trying to emphasize that all the referee can do is put the information in the match report. It is then up to the league and/or the opponent to take action.

As for the delay, the Board of Directors are not full time employees. I don't think it is reasonable to insist they immediately drop everything and deal with this (or any other) protest. They meet once a month, this will be on the agenda. Presumably the investigation into this matter is taking place in the background (ie statements from the referee, the teams, etc.) but a final and official decision has to wait until a formal meeting.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is a dagger for Strathcona. Nice little Xmas gift for 13th Legion too. Puts them well out of the basement and joined the peloton at the top.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
you would also assume Billy Lane has a suspension to serve still? or is it null and void from the game having the points deduct. Technically he did not sit out any games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts