Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irongrid

Sep 21, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the Observer this weeks game against his nk hrvat will be an epic battle. NK players confident that this will be 3 easy points.

Prediction based on Shaheens latest performances:

NK Hrvat 4 - Shaheen 0

Not sure how the 4 comes into play, considering NK has scored 1 goal in 2 games, and it was against a newly promoted BCT Tigers team.

nobcheesefinger

Sep 30, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watched the Serbia vs Bingers highlights and Bingers looked much the better team! Looks like Pedro is keeping Serbia afloat. Bingers new league favourites I think :)

Irongrid

Sep 21, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is not much to be fixated with nk per se, but I am fixated on epic battles with the anointed ones, isn't that what you guys called it. LOL.

shindazerobillin

Sep 22, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys? I don't play or have any affiliation with nk. Though I might head down to the spectrum Friday night and watch this battle. We should watch it together irongrid....... 1-0 for the Persians my prediction

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a 5 - 7 weekend of predictions, including 3 predications that were bang on, I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, move to a 22 - 20 record overall. I, like everyone in Div 2, sit bewildered by Shaheen drawing 1 - 1 to Westside. That's seems a little like the Patriots losing to Miami in Foxborough.

That being said, Westside had had a shite draw. Hrvat, Lomas, UBC, in the first 3 games. Then at Shaheen in week 5. After 14 minutes they went down 1-0, only to square it up 10 minutes later. Shaheen, at home, with fully an hour to score - didn't. Westside is likely to be a better team than the first 5 weeks have shown, and it'll be interesting to see how they fare.

Other results of interest.. UBC won the rugby match at Connaught, a big dub for them. Sniper and Romania as predicted was a 4 - 4 goal fest. Newly promoted GFC sit atop the table after a Bingers Serbia draw (as predicted). The online highlights show a missed tap in from 3 yards by Bingers, and a late goal from Pedro that easily is called offside more than 50% of the time in the linesmen free div 2.

So what of it? Well, if Div 2 is about anything, it's 'what team is missing their best players?' No weekend brings that to life more then the Thanksgiving Long. In that spirit - breakdowns below:

2A:
Hrvat v Shaheen -> The TTP Div 2 chat has more posts than any other Division, thanks partly to Soccer Coach fcuking off in Div 1. 90% of the posts are about Hrvat and Shaheen. We're bored of it. And Friday night will make it even more boring. 1 - 1 Draw
Loma v BCT -> Back to back home games for Lomas. They won't mess it up this weekend, and BCT won't be able to stay in control. Their surrey home pitch is like an airport tarmac when compared to Loma's Thanksgiving pumpkin patch. I'm betting that the holiday weekend will make Loma's availability somewhat questionable, but it won't matter. 3 - 0 Lomas
Westside v Rinos -> Westside is going to come through in this one. I have a feeling both teams will be missing players, but Westside actually looked half decent against the Shaheen side on video tape. While Westside have played all the top teams, Rino's haven't, and they're still worse off. This is a 6 pointer, and unlike Rino's, Westside will be thankful that relegation concerns are somewhat staved off for now. 4 - 1 Westside
Rangers v Romania -> Rangers, formally with Vancouver United, have a bunch of young kids that are either from Vancouver, or have moved here to go to school or something like that. If it's the latter, then they'll be home for the holidays and Romania might take it. If it's the former, then they'll be home in time to help mom set the table after a W - 3 - 1 Rangers
Marpole v Lobos -> Marpole may have won 3 in a row, but I'm going with a different reach here though. Coquitlam have 2 guys in their management with shirtless headshots, as opposed to Marpole's 1. Early advantage Lobos. Moreover, the Marpole coach and asst coach are older dudes, likely preoccupied with managing thanksgiving festivities along with CFL football, while the Lobos manager looks like he's probably a player, and is wearing a tie in his headshot. More advantage Lobos. Also, they're even on points so *coin flip - 2 - 1 Lobos
Snipers v Metropolitan -> While Snipers have been scoring goals in bunches, they've also been leaking them. After a big win against a stout defense in Meraloma, Metropolitan will benefit from even more available space against a team with a 2.8 GAA - 4 - 2 Metro

2B:

Gastown v Harps -> Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. The poor Gmen have lost by one goal every week, so it seems like its close for them. Two losses both came in the last 5 minutes. That being said, Harps are a stiffer test than Sarajevo, so - 3 - 1 Harps
Richmond v Strathcona -> I think that the Richmond guys are going to have a lot more familial duties through the long weekend than the Strathcona lads. The irishmen will hopefully join up friends-giving festivities, but won't be bothered by other obligations. Gonna be a coin flip, but I think a draw at 2 - 1 Strathcona is the safe money.
Astro v 13th Legion -> A quick toggle through the years function on VMSL annnnd, Astro hasn't faired well against Legion. Something seems to be up with Legion this season though, but after a 5 - 1 dub over Twin Arrows last weekend, maybe they've figured something out. Are Astro actually better this year? No idea. Not sure if Legion is worse. This will offer a bit of insight, but again, the Thanksgiving player availability matrix may play a role - 2 - 2 Draw
Greencaps v Sarajevo -> A classic thanksgiving mix up game. If this game was on Sunday, I think Greencaps win because the North Shore Sarajevo fellas will be helping make side dishes. On Saturday though, Sarajevo will likely put in a good showing, and it's hard to bet on Greencaps this year. 2 -1 Sarajevo
Bingers v Twin Arrows -> Bingers looked like the stronger team in the footage of the Serbia game, and I think they'll be looking to take a positive step to right what they feel should have been a win and not a draw. I agree with the thought that Bingers may actually be a likely team to finish #1 or #2 this year. Look for this to be a goal fest for Bingers - 5 - 1 Bingers
Serbia v GFC Lions -> MOTW here as the newly promoted lions find themselves top of the table. Serbia will go as far in this game as Pedro takes them, which I don't think will be enough, and Serbia might just drop more points. GFC will be fired up, but mostly because they have Monday off. 3 - 2 GFC

Rock and roll and happy thanksgiving yo.

Irongrid

Sep 21, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the offer shindazerobillin, nothing to do with you, but I have better things to do with my time than watch nk or shaheen.

ie. 1. watch paint dry. (Good)
2. Watch some u10 kids (better)
3. Go to blw and watch a premier game (best)

see you at blw.

Onyx

Sep 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the Observers epic battle (the battle to end all battles) is over and it is time for him to beg the previous coaches to teach him how to win with the little talent that they have left.

The previous coaches took 3-4 young talented players with them and left the old over the hill players behind.

In the Observers words of wisdom; the “anointed Persians Shaheen”, were victorious with a well deserved 2-0 win.

Its not the loss that matters, as under the Watcher 2 seasons ago the team was within 5 games of being relegated, tso they are used to it, but rather how slow and ineffective NK looked.

The NK Titanic is sinking, it hit an iceburg and Captain Watcher cant find a lifeboat. It does not come as a surprise that NK couldnt score, as they have a combined goals for, of 1 goal in their last 4 games. Lucky for NK is that they were able to scrape up some wins against the newly promoted teams.

Eastvan’s post about them not being able to score more than 1 goal all season with the previous coaches has a major flaw in it, as he must of meant to say that under the watchful eye of the watcher this season, they would score 1 goal.

Good news for NK is that next week they play Rino’s, another winless team, where NK will excercise their dominance in attaining points.

nobcheesefinger

Sep 30, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see last night's result of Serbia 3 - 4 GFC United. Looks like a HUGE statement from the newly promoted GFC, who sit on top of the table after 6 games. What a fairytale story that would be! A mouth watering fixture lined up for next weekend against the league favorites and only remaining undefeated Div 2 team, Bingers Army.

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
An absolute heater of a weekend with an 8 - 4 record and two bang on score lines. Took a quick trip to the ponies to see if I could keep picking winners. It didn't work - so we're back to the VMSL stakes with no money.

A 30 - 24 record, and we turn the focus to week 7. Big matches on the go here this week so lets' dive in.

Friday:
Strathcona v Serbia: Strathcona have rallied off 3 straight wins, including a W over the Richmond fellas this last weekend. Some William Lane fella putting up a Sombrero. Richmond beat Serbia. Strathcona beat Richmond. Chalk this one up to the question of whether or not Pedro is playing? Is Bill Lane new Pedro? What the hell is going on? - 3 - 2 Serbia
Lobos v Westside: As predicted, Westside went out and put up a convincing 4 - 0 beating on Rinos. Remember, driving out to Coquitlam on a Friday night sucks balls. Lobos are 2 for 2 in games at home. I think this weekend will be close, but the home record for Lobos will stay intact - 2 - 1 Lobos
BCT v Metropolitan: Looks like the UBC'rs escaped with a point after an 87th minute equalizer this past weekend. I'm gonna chalk this up to some thanksgiving availability issues. This is an especially important game for them as a 6 pointer is happening with the two teams above them in the table. BCT will probably stay up in Div 2 this year... but unless they do some crazy shite Friday night.. this will be a routine dub for UBC - 4 - 1 Metropolitan

Saturday:
13th Legion v Gastown: Probably the meh game of the week. Would anyone be surprised if Gastown somehow got points here? Not really. Does anyone expect them too? Not really. But nobody will really care about Legion winning aside from Legion. 2 - 1 Legion
GFC vs Bingers: If you haven't seen the winner from the Serbia game for GFC, go check it out. Another thing you'll notice is that they let a 3 - 0 lead go, and would have conceded a 4 - 4 equalizer (and many others) if not for their goalie. GFC looks like they come to play each week and the league is basically there for them if they do well in the back to back matchups against Serbia and Bingers. Easily MOTW in 2B. Bingers are a bit more organized than GFC, and that'll be the difference. 3 - 2 Bingers
Rinos v NKHrvat - 2 - 0 Hrvat ... moving on.
Harps v Greencaps - This irish skirmish will leave one team green with envy. Greencaps, a one time div 2 powerhouse, shares the same record as its Div 1 counterpart. Worth noting, the only option for visiting Canada is now the 2 year IEC Canada Visa. More on that here if Greencaps want to recruit, or Harps wanna plan for the future. Speaking of the future, this game ends with like, 18 men on the field. 3 - 0 Harps
Romania v Marpole: If you had 16 goals after 6 games, you'd hope to have more than 7 points. Similarly, if you had 7 goals after 6 games, you'd probably feel lucky to have 9 points. Yes Marpole beat a Milad-free Shaheen. Romania seem to be able to put the ball in the net, and have new life the last 2 weeks. 3 - 2 Romania

Sunday:
Shaheen vs Meraloma - A powerhouse tilt. Shaheen probably have Milad back, after the Division 2 striker just finished winning the National Championship with CCB LFC. Yah you read that right. The striker for the National Championship winning Prem team, plays in Div 2 VMSL. Shaheen would have known they didn't have Milad for the past stretch, but then went 1 - 1 - 1. Someone mentioned that Lomas have 24 starters. If Milad decides to take a break after winning the national championship then Loma win. If he's there, it's close. MOTW in 2A. Going with 3 - 1 Shaheen
* By the way, there aren't misses like THIS from Milad in Div 2. Here's his goal to seal it
* Quick shout out to the drunkest play by play man on earth.
Sarajevo v Richmond - After the 2A powerhouse game you can walk down the block to a 2B tilt that I promise you won't be as good, but more Div. 2ish is that's what you're into. 3 - 1 Richmond
Twin Arrows v Astro - Twin Arrows, on the heels of back to back 5 - 1 losses, have now conceded the most goals out of everyone in Div 2 with 21. They might look at this Astro game as a good opportunity, but with back to back losses as well, Astro is likely going to be looking at this as an opportunity to right the ship and fill the net. 4 - 1 Astro
Snipers V Rangers - Snipers pulled off a nice point there last week, and they actually have the second most goals for in all of Div 2. Whoever is able to be awake enough come Sunday night will take this, but you gotta think the goal machine from Snipers will show up. 4 - 2 Snipers

Rock n roll!

Beerleague2020

Sep 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top of the table looking tight after this weekend. Shaheen and Meraloma share the spoils in a close game. Metro with an easy win over BCT. Lobos have been crawling up the table under the radar with another win this weekend. NK also taking home 3 points.

nobcheesefinger

Sep 30, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top of the table looking tight after this weekend. Shaheen and Meraloma share the spoils in a close game. Metro with an easy win over BCT. Lobos have been crawling up the table under the radar with another win this weekend. NK also taking home 3 points.

Similar story in 2b where GFC and Bingers finished 1-1, opening up the door for Harps to leapfrog into first position. Strathcona and Serbia tied 1-1 also, in a game where Strathcona's leading goalscorer William Lane saw red. Very little between the top 5 teams it seems...

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty paltry 5 - 7 record on the weekend, and i'm counting the reschedule of Sniper and Rangers as a W.

No huge head to head clashes this week. Loma with a 1 - 1 draw against a Shaheen that included Milad just goes to show how serious Lomas are this year.

Friday:
Hrvat v Lobos: This is probably MOTW in 2A just because these two teams seem to have sneakily stayed within reach of the top of the table. I do think that Lobos have the more consistent team, and it depends which side of the teeter-totter Hrvat chooses to sit on for this match -- 2 - 1 Lobos
Gastown v Twin Arrows: After being up 2 - 0 to 13th Legion, and conceding an 88th minute goal, Gastown will feel they have some new life. My gastown prediction might finally pay off, so imma take'm this week : 3 - 2 Gastown
Bingers V Astro -- Astro has had some tough results as of late, and Bingers won't be the easiest test. That being said, this has the makings of one of those games that changes the title race because of some unexpected result. For example below, Strathcona and GFC, who play each other, both have 1 loss this year, to Astro... *shrug~! (?) - 2 - 2 Draw
BCT v Shaheen -- Poor BCT do get to have back to back home games, but joy oh joy they're against Metropolitan and then Shaheen. Calling it now that there will be at least one forfeit when the away versions of these games come around in late January. Btw the game before Metro was a Meraloma 9 - 0 L (not a fun run :/ ) 5 - 0 Shaheen

Saturday:
Loma vs Rinos -- Obviously Lomas are going to win, but Rinos seem to be in a similar position to Greencaps. They have a team leading the Prem division, a team in Div 1 that won't be relegated, and then a Div 2 team that is 0 - 7. So potentially there are some CAT capabilities here to make the Div 2 side a bit stronger, but I'm not sure how that works. @Canucks4Ever might know more about this. Would surprise me to see Rino's with a 3rd team in the lower ranks next year. 5 - 0 Lomas
Richmond v Harps -- Probably the most interesting Div 2B matchup this week. The results are just weird across the board. Richmond drew to Greencaps B (huh?) then followed it up by going 0 - 0 against Bingers (wha?). Then they beat Serbia 3 - 2, and get rocked by Strathcona 4 - 1. Richmond can play well enough to beat good teams. It'll be 3 - 2. Not sure for who. Going with Richmond
GFC v Strathcona - Another interesting tilt. Strathcona and GFC both have only one loss this year as mentioned previously. These two will battle it out, but GFC may have an edge - 2 - 1 GFC
Marpole v Snipers - Snipers with a bye week will have them ready to get back at it. Marpole has only scored 8 goals all year, but has managed to translate that into 4 wins. It reminds me of George Costanza milking intelligence out of a scrap of lettuce when not preoccupied with sex. If they can deliver a 2 - 1 or 1 - 0 scoreline, then I wouldn't be surprised. Snipers have 20 goals on the year. So what wins games? Offence or defence? I'm going with offense - 3 - 2 Snipers
Juniors v Romania -- As predicted, Juniors are starting to come alive a little bit. The Lobos game this past weekend they'll put behind them because driving to coquitlam on a friday sucks so bad.. I don't think Juniors will be close to relegation come the end of the year, and this will be a game that helps. - 3 - 2 Juniors

Sunday:
Greencaps v 13th Legion -- Legion needed late heroics to beat Gastown, but the Greencaps B side are definitely having a tough year thus far. 2 - 0 Legion
Metropolitan v Rangers -- Metropolitan will have to stay step for step with Loma to have a chance at winning the league this year. With Loma liking beating up on Rinos, these are the kind of games that they can't take a nap on - 3 - 1 Metropolitan
Serbia v Sarajevo -- Looking at the highlights from Serbia's 1 - 1 against Strathcona, it looks like they were without Pedro. As mentioned, they'll go as far as Pedro takes them. This Sarajevo team has been lackluster, and up 3 - 2 this last weekend against Richmond, they conceded 2 minutes after going up to let it go 3 - 3 late. Tough to know with Sarajevo team will show up - 4 - 2 Serbia

Rock n roll in week 8!
Also, the Canucks beat the Capitals in OT on Friday night.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday:
Loma vs Rinos -- Obviously Lomas are going to win, but Rinos seem to be in a similar position to Greencaps. They have a team leading the Prem division, a team in Div 1 that won't be relegated, and then a Div 2 team that is 0 - 7. So potentially there are some CAT capabilities here to make the Div 2 side a bit stronger, but I'm not sure how that works. @Canucks4Ever might know more about this. Would surprise me to see Rino's with a 3rd team in the lower ranks next year. 5 - 0 Lomas

Can't CAT down...can only call up.

So no cavalry on the horizon unless they make transfers, but their Div. 1 team isn't exactly flush at the minute and you can't see anyone from Prem coming to help.

Can't think they'd add another team, their resources are stretched pretty thin at the minute.

Reactions: TC3

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't CAT down...can only call up.

So no cavalry on the horizon unless they make transfers, but their Div. 1 team isn't exactly flush at the minute and you can't see anyone from Prem coming to help.

Can't think they'd add another team, their resources are stretched pretty thin at the minute.

So could the prem team for Rino's theoretically transfer players (say 2 depth guys that don't play in their prem group often) to their Div 2 squad, but then call those guys up through the CAT system to Prem if need be later on? Or can you not 'transfer' a player from within the club itself..?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So could the prem team for Rino's theoretically transfer players (say 2 depth guys that don't play in their prem group often) to their Div 2 squad, but then call those guys up through the CAT system to Prem if need be later on? Or can you not 'transfer' a player from within the club itself..?
This could be done. However, that would be predicated on those players being willing to do double duty on weekends. Would it be in the players best interests to get game minutes and then try to push into the higher level team? Probably. But the reality is not everyone has 6 or so hours to devote to football on a weekend.

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
So 5 - 7 last week... given the number of draws, and weird results, can't really be too upset.

Who can be upset? Meraloma. After a big draw away to Shaheen, they go back to the pumpkin patch against bottom of the league Rino's and draw 1 - 1. Meanwhile, as predicted bang on at 3 - 1, Metropolitan didn't take a nap on Rangers, and neither did Shaheen in Surrey to BCT. Loma now find themselves 2 back of Metropolitan. Not only that - they gotta drive out to Coquitlam on a Friday night.... which is awful. Elsewhere, in 2B, Astro shutout Bingers on Friday, and with a draw between Richmond and Harps, and GFC losing to Strathcona, the top of 2B is mashed. The olden days of Div 2 having clearcut favourites like Campo (way back), Burnaby Metro, CMF Lupi, and Strikers - are gone.

Friday:
Loma vs Lobos: Drive to Coquitlam = losses, but a loss to bottom of the league = urgency - 1 - 1 Draw
Strathcona vs Bingers: Honestly who the fcuk knows. Both have a +6 goal diff. Div 2 refs might screw this one up. 2 - 1 Bingers

Saturday:
Legion v Richmond: Legion looking a little shaky against Greencaps, going down 2 - 0 only to come back. If that happens against Richmond they won't find it at easy. - 2 - 2 Draw
Astro v Gastown: Astro bumped a 3 game slump with a 2 - 0 win over Bingers. Gastown took a point from Twin Arrows, but only after (again) conceding in the final 5 minutes. If the Astro team that beat Strathcona, GFC and Bingers shows up, they'll have success - 3 - 1 Astro
Rangers v Tropics: Rangers seem to have some real trouble scoring goals, with nearly half of their 9 goals coming in one game (4 - 1 over BCT). They couldn't score against Romania. Got only one against Rino's. Marpole haven't scored more than 2 goals in any of their games, milking 12 points out of 9 goals for. This is Marpole's kind of matchup. 1 - 0 Marpole
Rinos v BCT: How did Rino's get a point from Meraloma at Connaught Park? Both teams have faced nothing but upper half teams for a couple weeks now, so this is a MOTW in 2A, only because the loser will be sweating relegation big time the rest of the year. I'm going with the team that put in the big effort last weekend - 3 - 1 Rinos
Harps v Serbia: Harps are tied for tops, but holy fook here comes the whole season the next five weeks. Serbia, GFC, Strathcona, Sarajevo, then Bingers. A 2 - 2 draw against Richmond, after being up 2 nil? Not ideal. Serbia have a calm way of going about their business, and if Sam O'Conner gets 'too close' again, this game might not go Harps' way. 3 - 2 Serbia
(* PS> not sure where in the rule book 'Too Close' is.)
Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 1.16.48 PM.png
Romania V Hrvat: Some of Hrvat's results from earlier in the year are paying dividends, as they find themselves within 3 points of the top. Games like these will need to be put away, and Romania shouldn't be difficult. 2 - 0 Hrvat
Snipers V Juniors: Juniors will have a chance in this one, but they'll quite simply have to out score Snipers, who I can't imagine getting less than 3 goals. 3 - 1 Snipers
Shaheen v Metropolitan: After a palette cleanser against BCT (Milad with 5 goals *eyeroll), Shaheen will have to actually win a meaningful game. The last two games at home have been 1 - 1 draws against Juniors and Meraloma. If Shaheen is actually serious about winning the league, then they gotta beat a top team at home when it matters. 2 - 2 Draw
Sarajevo vs GFC - After being blanked last weekend, for GFC, the other 4 teams in the top 5 are playing each other this weekend, so big opps for GFC 2 - 0 GFC
Twin Arrows v Greencaps - It's hard to bet in favour of Greencaps as of late. That being said, if Greencaps can get the same start that they did against Legion in going up 2 - 0 early, then this is definitely an opportunity for them to make the relegation battle somewhat interesting this early in the year. - 2 - 2 Draw

Canucks v Ducks Friday night - If the Canucks keep the goal scoring moving, this is a 4 point game. Divisional games have screwed them in years past, but lets face it, they sucked the past couple years and probably still do. 3 - 1 Canucks

:foib:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts