Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Irongrid

Est
Sep 21, 2019
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the Observer this weeks game against his nk hrvat will be an epic battle. NK players confident that this will be 3 easy points.

Prediction based on Shaheens latest performances:

NK Hrvat 4 - Shaheen 0

Not sure how the 4 comes into play, considering NK has scored 1 goal in 2 games, and it was against a newly promoted BCT Tigers team.

nobcheesefinger

Est
Sep 30, 2019
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watched the Serbia vs Bingers highlights and Bingers looked much the better team! Looks like Pedro is keeping Serbia afloat. Bingers new league favourites I think :)

Irongrid

Est
Sep 21, 2019
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is not much to be fixated with nk per se, but I am fixated on epic battles with the anointed ones, isn't that what you guys called it. LOL.

shindazerobillin

Est
Sep 22, 2019
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys? I don't play or have any affiliation with nk. Though I might head down to the spectrum Friday night and watch this battle. We should watch it together irongrid....... 1-0 for the Persians my prediction

TC3

Est
Sep 11, 2019
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a 5 - 7 weekend of predictions, including 3 predications that were bang on, I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, move to a 22 - 20 record overall. I, like everyone in Div 2, sit bewildered by Shaheen drawing 1 - 1 to Westside. That's seems a little like the Patriots losing to Miami in Foxborough.

That being said, Westside had had a shite draw. Hrvat, Lomas, UBC, in the first 3 games. Then at Shaheen in week 5. After 14 minutes they went down 1-0, only to square it up 10 minutes later. Shaheen, at home, with fully an hour to score - didn't. Westside is likely to be a better team than the first 5 weeks have shown, and it'll be interesting to see how they fare.

Other results of interest.. UBC won the rugby match at Connaught, a big dub for them. Sniper and Romania as predicted was a 4 - 4 goal fest. Newly promoted GFC sit atop the table after a Bingers Serbia draw (as predicted). The online highlights show a missed tap in from 3 yards by Bingers, and a late goal from Pedro that easily is called offside more than 50% of the time in the linesmen free div 2.

So what of it? Well, if Div 2 is about anything, it's 'what team is missing their best players?' No weekend brings that to life more then the Thanksgiving Long. In that spirit - breakdowns below:

2A:
Hrvat v Shaheen -> The TTP Div 2 chat has more posts than any other Division, thanks partly to Soccer Coach fcuking off in Div 1. 90% of the posts are about Hrvat and Shaheen. We're bored of it. And Friday night will make it even more boring. 1 - 1 Draw
Loma v BCT -> Back to back home games for Lomas. They won't mess it up this weekend, and BCT won't be able to stay in control. Their surrey home pitch is like an airport tarmac when compared to Loma's Thanksgiving pumpkin patch. I'm betting that the holiday weekend will make Loma's availability somewhat questionable, but it won't matter. 3 - 0 Lomas
Westside v Rinos -> Westside is going to come through in this one. I have a feeling both teams will be missing players, but Westside actually looked half decent against the Shaheen side on video tape. While Westside have played all the top teams, Rino's haven't, and they're still worse off. This is a 6 pointer, and unlike Rino's, Westside will be thankful that relegation concerns are somewhat staved off for now. 4 - 1 Westside
Rangers v Romania -> Rangers, formally with Vancouver United, have a bunch of young kids that are either from Vancouver, or have moved here to go to school or something like that. If it's the latter, then they'll be home for the holidays and Romania might take it. If it's the former, then they'll be home in time to help mom set the table after a W - 3 - 1 Rangers
Marpole v Lobos -> Marpole may have won 3 in a row, but I'm going with a different reach here though. Coquitlam have 2 guys in their management with shirtless headshots, as opposed to Marpole's 1. Early advantage Lobos. Moreover, the Marpole coach and asst coach are older dudes, likely preoccupied with managing thanksgiving festivities along with CFL football, while the Lobos manager looks like he's probably a player, and is wearing a tie in his headshot. More advantage Lobos. Also, they're even on points so *coin flip - 2 - 1 Lobos
Snipers v Metropolitan -> While Snipers have been scoring goals in bunches, they've also been leaking them. After a big win against a stout defense in Meraloma, Metropolitan will benefit from even more available space against a team with a 2.8 GAA - 4 - 2 Metro

2B:

Gastown v Harps -> Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. The poor Gmen have lost by one goal every week, so it seems like its close for them. Two losses both came in the last 5 minutes. That being said, Harps are a stiffer test than Sarajevo, so - 3 - 1 Harps
Richmond v Strathcona -> I think that the Richmond guys are going to have a lot more familial duties through the long weekend than the Strathcona lads. The irishmen will hopefully join up friends-giving festivities, but won't be bothered by other obligations. Gonna be a coin flip, but I think a draw at 2 - 1 Strathcona is the safe money.
Astro v 13th Legion -> A quick toggle through the years function on VMSL annnnd, Astro hasn't faired well against Legion. Something seems to be up with Legion this season though, but after a 5 - 1 dub over Twin Arrows last weekend, maybe they've figured something out. Are Astro actually better this year? No idea. Not sure if Legion is worse. This will offer a bit of insight, but again, the Thanksgiving player availability matrix may play a role - 2 - 2 Draw
Greencaps v Sarajevo -> A classic thanksgiving mix up game. If this game was on Sunday, I think Greencaps win because the North Shore Sarajevo fellas will be helping make side dishes. On Saturday though, Sarajevo will likely put in a good showing, and it's hard to bet on Greencaps this year. 2 -1 Sarajevo
Bingers v Twin Arrows -> Bingers looked like the stronger team in the footage of the Serbia game, and I think they'll be looking to take a positive step to right what they feel should have been a win and not a draw. I agree with the thought that Bingers may actually be a likely team to finish #1 or #2 this year. Look for this to be a goal fest for Bingers - 5 - 1 Bingers
Serbia v GFC Lions -> MOTW here as the newly promoted lions find themselves top of the table. Serbia will go as far in this game as Pedro takes them, which I don't think will be enough, and Serbia might just drop more points. GFC will be fired up, but mostly because they have Monday off. 3 - 2 GFC

Rock and roll and happy thanksgiving yo.

Reactions: nobcheesefinger

Irongrid

Est
Sep 21, 2019
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the offer shindazerobillin, nothing to do with you, but I have better things to do with my time than watch nk or shaheen.

ie. 1. watch paint dry. (Good)
2. Watch some u10 kids (better)
3. Go to blw and watch a premier game (best)

see you at blw.

Onyx

Est
Sep 25, 2019
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the Observers epic battle (the battle to end all battles) is over and it is time for him to beg the previous coaches to teach him how to win with the little talent that they have left.

The previous coaches took 3-4 young talented players with them and left the old over the hill players behind.

In the Observers words of wisdom; the “anointed Persians Shaheen”, were victorious with a well deserved 2-0 win.

Its not the loss that matters, as under the Watcher 2 seasons ago the team was within 5 games of being relegated, tso they are used to it, but rather how slow and ineffective NK looked.

The NK Titanic is sinking, it hit an iceburg and Captain Watcher cant find a lifeboat. It does not come as a surprise that NK couldnt score, as they have a combined goals for, of 1 goal in their last 4 games. Lucky for NK is that they were able to scrape up some wins against the newly promoted teams.

Eastvan’s post about them not being able to score more than 1 goal all season with the previous coaches has a major flaw in it, as he must of meant to say that under the watchful eye of the watcher this season, they would score 1 goal.

Good news for NK is that next week they play Rino’s, another winless team, where NK will excercise their dominance in attaining points.