Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

99bllewellyn

Jan 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas looking like serious title contenders this season. They've a great team, just weird they keep playing that foul mouthed Irish drunk at Right Back.

Gally

Aug 31, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 Meralomas. The train is derailed. Everyone has to deal with players missing games here and there so there are no excuses.
However NK with one suspension, two injured and two unbelievable no shows left Hrvat with 5 starters out. That proved to be an obstacle we could not overcome and maybe we are not as deep or committed as we need to be. Full marks to the guys in orange for playing a tough physical game. Hrvat actually was the better team the first 20 minutes before giving away numerous free kicks around their eighteen. One of those bounced around before finding its way into the net. That was the the goal Meralomas needed to lift their game and Hrvat struggled after. The second goal was a turn over for a breakaway that found its way in the corner. Should be interesting next week when the Orange play UBC. Losing definitely is less fun. Hopefully some teams at the top drop points to each other all year long.

Lomas missing their goalkeeper and 4 starters. The difference is is they have 24 starters this year.

vancouverfootball

Mar 13, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I guess the prognosticators have answered Observers question.

The iron horse was turned into a toy train, that ran out of batteries, no need to shovel coal. Under their new manager watchful eye, the watcher, they could not muster a goal.

Meraloma 2 - NK Hrvat 0

Meraloma continued its dominance and deservingly should have won 4-0. NK was forced to play its kick and run park the bus style of play. Its back line looked old and slow.

Good news for the train is that they play another newly promoted 3rd division team next week that is 0-3 so far.

That will be 3 bottom 3 teams in 5 weeks.

What game were you watching? I was there for only first 30 mins and as much as I hate, I have to agree with observer. NK definitely looked like the better team and was controlling the game. Meraloma are the same team as I remember, great kick and run team who are deadly on set pieces. That's exactly why they play teams so well in cabbage fest aka Connaught Park . They got 2 corner kicks and scored of one of them. They had 9 guys in Nk's 18 on those corner kicks.

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
What game were you watching? I was there for only first 30 mins and as much as I hate, I have to agree with observer. NK definitely looked like the better team and was controlling the game. Meraloma are the same team as I remember, great kick and run team who are deadly on set pieces. That's exactly why they play teams so well in cabbage fest aka Connaught Park . They got 2 corner kicks and scored of one of them. They had 9 guys in Nk's 18 on those corner kicks.

No finesse to Meraloma, which is why they love Connaught Park. It's like playing a rugby match when you play them on their shitty field. League should make them play on turf imo

username

Jan 26, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money

So I looked up “cabbage fest” on Google and this is what I found. From Urban Dictionary:

“Sister to the term sausage fest, a cabbage fest is a Party, or Alcohol-Driven even mostly consisting of Female visitors, usually quite annoyed that there isn't a greater presence of Men around. Usually quite good for blokes though, as the chance of pulling has just gone very much in their way.”

Makes Connaught sound even better.

Gally

Aug 31, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
_"9 guys in the 18 on Corners"_. So one in goal, one taking the kick and everyone else in the box? What a shite you talking.. also set pieces are a massive part of the game. You not ment to be good at them?

Beerleague2020

Sep 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stuck around for 75 mins of this game in what I predicted would be a tight and close affair. First 20 mins this was the case, NK seemed to enjoy spells of possession with Meraloma chasing at times. This unfortunately didn’t last too long for NK. Meraloma got a foot in the game with the midfield outworking the opposition and deservedly took the lead with a scrappy goal from a corner.

Second half was more of the same for the Lomas with the forward line doing some endless running. Once the cabbage patchers got their second goal, the game seemed dead to me and I knew it was time to go home.

Meraloma will be a tougher test for us than I expected, especially if as they said, were missing some players. Prediction from here out - metro, shaheen and Meraloma to battle it out for that top spot.

Look forward to the battles on the pitch this year and less battles on this forum

Onyx

Sep 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gally, don't let the nk titanic minions get to you. Everyone knows they are masters of manipulation and lies, as well as having numerous accounts on ttp so they can backup each others lies.

You guys got the 3 points, at the end of the day that is what matters. Most of us know the truth.

I noticed the Observer (their coach?)mentioning that one of their starters was suspended and using that as a part excuse. Funny, how the week before he didn't mention that when that same player was suspended. Oh yeah, of course they beat UBC, then he wasn't needed.

Interesting, how UBC showed class and made no excuses for their loss and moved on.

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy Wednesday - especially to all the haters and losers out there.

17 - 13 after a .500 record in week three, and some unreal upsets across Div 2. The theme of Div 2 seems to be, and has always been, attendance. Are your best players at a wedding or out of town? If so, yer probably fcked.

Looking at week 5, I have no idea what to think - especially after Marpole beat Shaheen. o_O I'll give it a try anyway, along with my Div 2-esque reasoning.

2A:
Lobos v. Rangers - Tied in the standings, this should be a close test. Lobos will win, and only because, as I mentioned before, driving out to Coquitlam on a Friday night stinks. - 3 - 1 Lobos
BCT v NK Hrvat - Observer got to observe Loma putting the 2 - 0 lock on Hrvat last week. This week, he'll observe the reverse result when Hrvat go out to Surrey. Driving to Surrey on a Friday night stinks too, so BCT will score at some point, but Hrvat comes back. 2 - 1 Hrvat
Loma v Metropolitan - A relatively meaningless div 2 game between 2 teams that aren't very good and not really trying to win anything --- wait, loma v metropolitan!? Likely more enjoyable than a Whitecaps game - thank god these two teams get to play on the Connaught Cabbage Patch :dead:. This is a 6 pointer, with Loma's thoroughly enjoying their clubhouse afterward - 2 - 1 Lomas
Rinos v Marpole - Props to Marpole. I'm betting Milad wasn't available. If you can beat Shaheen, you should beat Rinos. Right? - 2 - 2 Draw
Romania v Snipers - 10 and 14 goals against respectively. This has one of those goal fest types written on it, but imma chalk this result up to some div 2 attendance thing that means Snipers were without a player they usually have. - 3 - 2 Romania
Shaheen v Westside - Imma guess that Westside's 4.75 GAA thus far is roughly similar to the # of thousands that Shaheen put out for their roster this year. - Shaheen by a lot if Milad is there, and Shaheen by a medium amount if not.

2B:
Strathcona v Greencaps: Sticking with the Div 2 reasoning, Strathcona has played three weeks in a row on Andy Livingston, which is a terrible driving range mat, and their eyes have adjusted to the terrible lighting by this point. 2 - 1 Strathcona
13th Legion v Twin Arrows: Between these two teams they had 23 dubs last year. This year in 8 games they have 1. I think Twin Arrows might have a little momentum going.. and Legion just doesn't seem the same. - 3 - 1 Arrows
GFC v Richmond: Richmond knocks off Serbia last weekend, and props to the Serbia guys still posting the videotape. Richmond without a loss through 4 games.. no idea really here but I think Richmond will lose at some point - *coin flip - 2 - 1 GFC
Harps v Astro: Another tight one like GFC Richmond. Harps had a win in hand before a 90th minute by Twin Arrows last week. Going with the trusty coin flip yet again - 2 - 1 Astro
Sarajevo v Gastown: I put Gastown down as 4 - 1 winners last weekend :rolleyes::banghead: . Fck it, i'm doubling down - 3 - 1 Gastown
Serbia v Bingers: Match of the week in 2B that, if it's a draw, could open up a lot of opportunity for the rest of the group. Let's make it interesting. - 1 - 1 Draw

Rock n roll.

nobcheesefinger

Sep 30, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
After Meraloma and Richmond were beaten yesterday, Bingers are the only unbeaten team across Div 2. Makes tonights game against league favourites Serbia even more interesting. Would both teams be happy with a draw? Is Div 2b going to be a two horse race between both of these sides? Looking forward to seeing the highlights of this one!

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers remain undefeated but that tie brings everyone in the mix. What a season this will be if its this tight. Not many blow outs either.
Never happy with a draw hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts