Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Aug 31, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moving into week three, at a 4-2 prediction record, with one prediction bang on at 1 - 1 between Greencaps and Richmond :wa:.
Time to keep this Pete Rose train rolling.

In 2A:
NKHrvat maybe get a goal, UBC will be to much for them. 3 - 1 UBC.
Lobos and Romania could be close, but driving to Coquitlam on Friday night stinks. 2 - 0 Lobos
BCT and Marpole - both looking for a first dub, neither will get it - 2 - 2 draw
Connaught Park is terrible. Westside have been having some troubles. Meraloma love this cabbage patch - 4 - 0 Lomas
Rinos haven't got a goal yet, and a 5 - 0 loss to Romania is :\, I'll give them a goal but - 3 - 1 Snipers
Shaheen at home with Milad, who still can't believe his luck finding a suitcase of cash under the bleachers at Carson Graham Secondary back in early August. Not the funnest weekend for Rangers. - 4 - 1 Shaheen

In 2B:
Astro and Strathcona - *shrug? - 3 - 2 Astro
Sounds like Bingers have given up a few chances, but Richmond just played on Wednesday (?!) - 2 - 1 Bingers
Not how Gastown wanted to start the year, but they've been close, GFC are improved. Cards in this one. - 2 - 2 Draw
Everything about harps v legion screams 1 - 1 so, - 1 -1 Draw
Twin Arrows will probably come out a lot better this week, but I have no idea why, Sarajevo are hit and miss it appears - 2 - 1 Arrows
Serbia will drop points at some point, but not this weekend against Greencaps who played Wednesday - 2 - 0 Serbia
7- 0 on a cabbage patch isnt bad. Amazing how lads dont like playing on grass. Not field hockey we are playing..

Observer

Feb 20, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
1569301418410.pngWell I can't say I didn't ask the question of you prognosticators before the Hrvat vs. UBC game. What will be your response be this week as the NK train faces another undefeated opponent that has a superior goals for/against tally? Will you still feel as if the locomotive is not shovelling enough coal? Or will you see that iron horse steaming head on towards the anointed Persians Shaheen also having a perfect record? It would make for an epic battle. The two teams have a lot of history. As for UBC...they are a strong team capable of beating anybody in this group on any given day. Especially on their home pitch.

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair play to NK Hrvat! A huge win.

But you nailed it on the head with the phrase "..is the locomotive shovelling enough coal?" How does a team concede three goals to Westside one week (the only 3 goals Westside have scored by the way) and then hold off the reigning Provincial B Cup winners?

It's not a new problem for Hrvat it appears. Losing games to the likes of Hurricanes last year, only to go out and beat Serbia. Losing to Astro, then going out and beating Strikers in the Cup. An 8 - 6 - 8 record in 2018/19, yet a run to semi-finals. It seems as though Hrvat have a way of getting results when it really matters to them.

As for a response this week? I have no idea. Depends with Hrvat shows up. I'm going cop out behind a 2 - 2 draw prediction. Keep shovelin' that coal

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
View attachment 26272Well I can't say I didn't ask the question of you prognosticators before the Hrvat vs. UBC game. What will be your response be this week as the NK train faces another undefeated opponent that has a superior goals for/against tally? Will you still feel as if the locomotive is not shovelling enough coal? Or will you see that iron horse steaming head on towards the anointed Persians Shaheen also having a perfect record? It would make for an epic battle. The two teams have a lot of history. As for UBC...they are a strong team capable of beating anybody in this group on any given day. Especially on their home pitch.

It's like reading Soccer Coach fan fiction

Beerleague2020

Sep 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen should pick up a few goals away to Marpole Tropics
Metro should do the same against FC Romania
Tie of the weekend will be NK Hrvat v Meraloma, predicting close game 2-2 draw
Snipers v Coq Metro Ford Lobos will also be close, 3-2 for the Snipers
Rest of the league to play it out for mid/bottom of the table

vancouverfootball

Mar 13, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair play to NK Hrvat! A huge win.

But you nailed it on the head with the phrase "..is the locomotive shovelling enough coal?" How does a team concede three goals to Westside one week (the only 3 goals Westside have scored by the way) and then hold off the reigning Provincial B Cup winners?

It's not a new problem for Hrvat it appears. Losing games to the likes of Hurricanes last year, only to go out and beat Serbia. Losing to Astro, then going out and beating Strikers in the Cup. An 8 - 6 - 8 record in 2018/19, yet a run to semi-finals. It seems as though Hrvat have a way of getting results when it really matters to them.

As for a response this week? I have no idea. Depends with Hrvat shows up. I'm going cop out behind a 2 - 2 draw prediction. Keep shovelin' that coal
According to someone on metropolitan, they were missing 5-6 starters. But you never know. We will see what NK is made of vs meraloma this week.

Onyx

Sep 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amusing comment by the Observer, or should I say abydocomist; “annointed persians shaheen”?
What century is he from, is this the intellectual level of NK Hrvat? Embarrassment.

Would enjoy for him to say that to our face.

His Racial/religious slur is laughable, looking forward to playing them.

Observer

Feb 20, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Onyx! What I said was meant as a compliment not as a religious/racial slur. What i was meaning to say by anointed is the chosen ones by many to top the group. seeing as how strong your team is this year. I apologize if anyone mistook what i meant. Not sure what you mean by what century this is. Looking forward to playing Shaheen as well. Peace out.

Onyx

Sep 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Observer,! I never asked what century this is, I asked what century are you from. In todays time, segregation of nationalities and labeling is inappropriate. Your statement was: anointed Persians Shaheen.

Your team postings in general seem to be very confrontational and abrasive ie. Eastvan (aka shindazerobillin) and then your posting.

Are you the coach, if so you should control your minions, and proof read before posting.

Its bad enough reading unwarranted slams of people behind their backs, especially considering its bs, as the soccer world is small and word has gotten out from reliable sources to what happened in your team, but then starting hatred between teams?

Didn't it happen to the O45 team as well year before? Half team left? Seems to be a norm there.

With that being said, thank you for your updated statement and see you in a couple of weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: TC3

TC3

Sep 11, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
While Onyx and Observer engage is some of the best banter ever (snooze fest) - hittng the weekend predictions in 2Div.

Current record sitting at 11 - 7 for picking W's.

Gastown v Strathcona -> Gastown bump the slump this week with authority - 4 - 1 Gastown
NK Hrvat v Meraloma -> Seesaw NK Hrvat stay true to form after a big win last week - 3 - 1 Meraloma
Richmond v Serbia -> Richmond have been stingy.. but they'll have to score more to hold off Serbia - 2 - 1 Serbia
Bingers v 13th Legion -> Legions start is unexpected, + this match has the added hilarity of Bingers finding a home field at....Hillcrest SE Grass?! Apologies to Lomas regarding Connaught, this is the worst field in the league - 1 - 1 draw
Astro v Sarajevo -> Winless thru 3 is unexpected for Sarajevo and Astro seems to have improved - 3 - 2 Astro
Rangers v Rinos -> For Rino's, this might be winnable, but Rangers had a decent Shaheen effort, even if it was a loss - 3 - 1 Rangers
Marpole v Shaheen -> Onyx will 'control his minions' this week and prove everybody is out to get them. Chill - 4 - 0 Shaheen
Snipers v Lobos -> MOTW in all likelihood. Two solid teams whose only loss has been to top teams, giving Coq the edge - 2 - 1 Lobos
Greencaps v GFC -> GFC are doing well since promotion, Greencaps seem outta sorts. GFC has produced cards almost everywhere they go - this one won't finish with 22 players on the field - 3 - 1 GFC
Tigers v Westside -> Westside will be relieved as their first three games were UBC, Hrvat (who are the best), and Meraloma. Tigers will be an easier test, but BCT will still take this one - 3 - 1 Tigers
Metropolitan v Romania -> Metropolitan will get the bounce back they're looking for - 4 - 0 UBC
Twin Arrows v Harps -> Not sure if Twin Arrows has figured something out with their first W. Harps seem to be doing well, but this has the makings of a weird upset - 2 - 1 Arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts