Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div. 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancvouersoccer

Mar 13, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Ruben does it again lool. His name has been mentioned a few times in prem thread and other threads for giving out unnecessary second yellows and reds. The first yellow could be given for sure but both second yellows were unnecessary. Specially the one on Pedro vs the sierra keeper. They were both jumping for the ball. Its unfortunate that a ref managed to miss up such big deciding game. Sierra seem to be on a luckier end on few occasions with refs handing out reds. Or perhaps because they dive so much :D. From the game report Canucks4Ever posted of the shaheen vs sierra few weeks back, it seems like shaheen got 2 red cards and they were leading 1-0 before the reds. Having played Serbia and sierra, Serbia was definitely the better team overall when Pedro and Ramsey were on the roster. I guess dropping all those points at the beginning really hurt the chances for Serbia or even shaheen. Where sierra was like 8-0 if I'm not mistaken. But looking at the game reports it seems like Pedro and Ramsey joined the team in the 3rd or 4th game, and each of them have consistently scored 1-3 goals per game. Good luck to all VMSL teams representing our league in provincials

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks4ever,

“Did the Sierra guy follow through and milk it? Or did the Serbia man leave his foot in cynically? Who knows...”

Sierra’s “linesman” was making numerous wrong calls which really agitated Serbia’s players who were already upset by wrong offside call by Ruben .At some point, during the second half, Ruben actually took the flag away from that “linesman”. One of those wrong calls by "linesman" came right before that foul that resulted in first yellow for Serbia’s #9.

From the sideline it looked that #9 could have run into defender’s shoulder. The issue is that Sierra’s defender goes down holding his ankle. You be the judge but I’ll admit that I could not see every detail from the other side. Ruben even did not see what happened because he was looking in a direction where the ball went.

2nd yellow for #9 came after he jumped for the ball at the same time the keeper did, #9 clearly with his arms down, there is no intentional contact whatsoever by #9, open view for everyone on that side of the field, that was not even a foul. What did #9 do wrong there? He did not run into the keeper, he did not have his elbows up, he jumped for the ball.
The keeper went down rolling several times, Ruben again falls for theatrics. If that rolling was not a sign that he was not injured I do not know what would be. Yes, the keeper continued the game like nothing happened.

Now 2nd yellow for #10. He just touches the shoulder of Sierra’s player who goes down too easily which could be considered diving. Anyway, that player screamed and then grabbed his ankle although #10 touched his shoulder and Ruben made another brutal call. Too much for my taste.

Hats down to Sierra for perfectly executing their game plan. Serbians were just too naïve to fall for theatrics that we usually see during matches in South America.

Ruben proved again that he should not be given important games like this one. The issue with him is that he makes a horrible mistake then he gets upset when one team (or a player) protests his call and then he punishes them with more wrong calls and cards. He ruined too many games like he certainly ruined this one.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
2nd yellow for #9 came after he jumped for the ball at the same time the keeper did, #9 clearly with his arms down, there is no intentional contact whatsoever by #9, open view for everyone on that side of the field, that was not even a foul. What did #9 do wrong there? He did not run into the keeper, he did not have his elbows up, he jumped for the ball.
The keeper went down rolling several times, Ruben again falls for theatrics. If that rolling was not a sign that he was not injured I do not know what would be. Yes, the keeper continued the game like nothing happened.

For me it's definitely a foul. Sure he has the right to challenge for the ball but he doesn't get his head on to the ball and then collides with the keeper. I'd give a yellow but maybe others wouldn't. Not sure I'd give a second yellow though. That would take guts.
On the flipside, if #9 gets a touch on the ball first and then collides with the keeper...then it's a penalty and a yellow for the keeper imo.

oh...nice video and editing by the way.(whoever made it)

KingFisher

Dec 12, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ruben is one of the most hot headed referees in the league. He is unable to be calm and collected as a referee should be in big games. The league is just as responsible as Ruben is for this one. It is one thing to come on here and complain and another to go to the league and do it. If everyone does it, they may remove Ruben from big games. He has ruined some great games in recent times to his inability to handle the moment.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually don't mind Ruben at all, he is a good referee. One thing with Ruben is you already know what to expect from him and as a coach or a player you need to recognize that he is not afraid to make big calls so you need to adjust your game plan and just to shut the eff up and play soccer. I have seen refs who are alot worse than Ruben.

Congrats to Westside for a promotion to Div.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts