Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting meaning, which I was not aware, but certainly fits the opportunistic behaviour of certain people here, but this is the meaning.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greencaps 4 - 0 Norvan

Surprising to see Norvan play a suspended player under a different name and then proceed to all scream his real name the entire game, not very subtle but fortunately didn't effect the result.

The player in question took warm up but did not play in the game. However we did have a new player that had not trained with us yet. We had a player returning from a bullshit suspension that game as well.

Greencaps 4 - 0 Norvan

Surprising to see Norvan play a suspended player under a different name and then proceed to all scream his real name the entire game, not very subtle but fortunately didn't effect the result.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I drove by Empire on my way to work the South Field 18 year box still had snow I couldn't see the North field. As it stood it did not look playable today but a good dump of rain would easily clear it up for next week.

Having said that the parks board may clear up the last bit of snow sitting there but I imagine the turf is very frozen underneath...with the rain coming Monday a lot of fields should be good to go for next weekend. I work near Livingston and no snow anywhere in Gastown by my office so I am assuming Livingston is clear as well....but haven gone by to see just assuming...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Parks Board posts their updates on Friday afternoons at 1 pm, but they also have had a notice up on their site that "all fields are closed until further notice" since mid-December.

All of the youth games for this weekend were cancelled earlier in the week (not that it's any indicator of anything). Since the temperature isn't going above zero today, I don't see anyone playing in Vancouver this weekend.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two lonely games left on the schedule for Saturday, one Div 2 and one Div 3. Looks like they are decently likely to be a go as I believe Ladner/Tsawwassen fields were open even last weekend and Hjorth is one of the few open in Surrey. The FVSL is scheduled to play on Hjorth so it stands to reason that the VMSL game would go as well.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cant understand why a club would risk somthing like that especially after getting whipled 4 zip
First of all we did not play any player that was suspended. Period. Secondly I think we r smarter than that to risk any chance of promotion.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It probably also didn't help that the 13th Legion forward decided to be a bonehead and strike the NK Hrvat defender off the ball, but in the view of the referee. Going down to 10 men is hardly a good way play must-win games in a promotion run...

binderdonedat

Mar 28, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats if u do go up. I bet their isn't one of the top four teams on the B side wishes they were on the A side.

Yeah from watching a few games this year from both sides and from the result of the cup it does seem like the B side is stronger.

Result from the cup:

Norvan 2 sarejevo 0
Norvan 2 nk hrvat 0
Norvan 1 13th legion 0 (norvan playing with 10 for most of the game)
Norvan 1 strikers 0 (strikers previously beat snipers 5-1)
Coq metro lupi 1 burnaby metro 0
Shaheen 2 coq metro lupi 0

But that happens every year and we cant do anything about it. They basically shuffle the teams from each division based on standing of last year.

the A section will be assigned A, B, A, B, etc. based on placement in their section in the previous playing season; while

· the B section will be assigned B, A, B, A, etc. based on placement in their section."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0