Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah from watching a few games this year from both sides and from the result of the cup it does seem like the B side is stronger.

Result from the cup:

Norvan 2 sarejevo 0
Norvan 2 nk hrvat 0
Norvan 1 13th legion 0 (norvan playing with 10 for most of the game)
Norvan 1 strikers 0 (strikers previously beat snipers 5-1)
Coq metro lupi 1 burnaby metro 0
Shaheen 2 coq metro lupi 0

But that happens every year and we cant do anything about it. They basically shuffle the teams from each division based on standing of last year.

the A section will be assigned A, B, A, B, etc. based on placement in their section in the previous playing season; while

· the B section will be assigned B, A, B, A, etc. based on placement in their section."
Unfortunately this year was not like that. They do have the cross over and I believe it's the 3,4,5 teams that cross over. But they took the 3rd place team and moved them up to div 1 because of the new rule that was not there at the emergency meeting they held with the 4 teams. 2 prem and 2 first div. teams. Because they had the vacancy in prem from Surrey going to the valley.
Then they went against what they had voted on at the meeting and said two teams were being relegated from prem plus the vacancy from Surrey leaving. That meant three div 1 teams moved up and three div 2 teams moved up. If it was a promotion and no time to play the rule reads head to head winner up. They changed the vacancy ro goal difference. So they have set a pressidence in doing this.
This also resulted in hand picking which teams went where to which group.
Once again this year we are faced with the same thing as akal in div 1 did not play a single minute so instead of giving a forfeit each game they kicked them out making it an eleven div1 league. In out rules and regs and our bylaws it read that the bottom two teams r to be relegated. Except this year the board of directors opted to changed it again with out bringing it forward to the membership sayin that only one team will be relegated going against our rules and regs and bylaws.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately this year was not like that. They do have the cross over and I believe it's the 3,4,5 teams that cross over. But they took the 3rd place team and moved them up to div 1 because of the new rule that was not there at the emergency meeting they held with the 4 teams. 2 prem and 2 first div. teams. Because they had the vacancy in prem from Surrey going to the valley.
Then they went against what they had voted on at the meeting and said two teams were being relegated from prem plus the vacancy from Surrey leaving. That meant three div 1 teams moved up and three div 2 teams moved up. If it was a promotion and no time to play the rule reads head to head winner up. They changed the vacancy ro goal difference. So they have set a pressidence in doing this.
This also resulted in hand picking which teams went where to which group.
Once again this year we are faced with the same thing as akal in div 1 did not play a single minute so instead of giving a forfeit each game they kicked them out making it an eleven div1 league. In out rules and regs and our bylaws it read that the bottom two teams r to be relegated. Except this year the board of directors opted to changed it again with out bringing it forward to the membership sayin that only one team will be relegated going against our rules and regs and bylaws.

Not 100% sure that this is accurate...

I can't recall anything in the rules and regs referring to a "head to head" in order to decide vacancies. It reads that the "team with the next highest points total regardless of group" (ie. 2A or 2B) goes up. If I recall NorVan and Campo were tied on points in 2A, both higher than Strikers in 2B. The rules states that in the event of a tie on points the teams shall playoff head to head (just like how all other promotions/relegations/titles/Provincial berths/etc. are decided in the VMSL). If there is not time for this however, as there wasn't when SU left, then goal difference is used. So this rule was applied correctly (even though EVERYBODY I think would have preferred NorVan to go up instead of Campo...). At least that's my recollection of how it all played out anyway.

As for this season, omitting Akal or giving them a "bye every weekend" amounts to the same thing. There are still "two teams" being relegated from Div. 1, it's just one of them is technically Akal. The two division winners will be promoted from Div. 2, as usual from what I understand. The league will then presumably fill Akal's vacancy in Div. 2 by promoting an additional Div. 3 team using the same rules as were applied to NorVan/Campo/Strikers last season (though it may not be as clear cut as last season given the different amounts of games played by the different Div. 3 groups...)

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes canucks it all makes sense. Two div 1 teams are being relegated akal and one more. Although akal does not exist anymore, just bring three teams from div 3 up and drop bottom team from each div 2pool down. Thus do not have that playoff game between the two second last teams in div2. Just keep them both in div 2 next year. They deserve to stay up.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I can't recall anything in the rules and regs referring to a "head to head" in order to decide vacancies. It reads that the "team with the next highest points total regardless of group" (ie. 2A or 2B) goes up. If I recall NorVan and Campo were tied on points in 2A, both higher than Strikers in 2B. The rules states that in the event of a tie on points the teams shall playoff head to head (just like how all other promotions/relegations/titles/Provincial berths/etc. are decided in the VMSL). If there is not time for this however, as there wasn't when SU left, then goal difference is used. So this rule was applied correctly (even though EVERYBODY I think would have preferred NorVan to go up instead of Campo...). At least that's my recollection of how it all played out anyway.

As for this season, omitting Akal or giving them a "bye every weekend" amounts to the same thing. There are still "two teams" being relegated from Div. 1, it's just one of them is technically Akal. The two division winners will be promoted from Div. 2, as usual from what I understand. The league will then presumably fill Akal's vacancy in Div. 2 by promoting an additional Div. 3 team using the same rules as were applied to NorVan/Campo/Strikers last season (though it may not be as clear cut as last season given the different amounts of games played by the different Div. 3 groups...)

2 of the 3 teams promoted have exceeded
All expectations in div 1
Even though Campo coach has problems
The players played at a high level
Rinos Fury has also played at good level with
A excellent coach
I must say from all games I have seen
This season at least 7 teams in div 2 could play div 1

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

If I did not put goal difference in a vacancy I meant to aorry

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes canucks it all makes sense. Two div 1 teams are being relegated akal and one more. Although akal does not exist anymore, just bring three teams from div 3 up and drop bottom team from each div 2pool down. Thus do not have that playoff game between the two second last teams in div2. Just keep them both in div 2 next year. They deserve to stay up.
But our bylaws read that two teams must go down. Akal was not part of the league. At last years agm when Norvan brought this up they were told that 2 plus the vacancy otherwise Norvan would have stayed in prem.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 of the 3 teams promoted have exceeded
All expectations in div 1
Even though Campo coach has problems
The players played at a high level
Rinos Fury has also played at good level with
A excellent coach
I must say from all games I have seen
This season at least 7 teams in div 2 could play div 1
I believe u r quite right about the div 2 being strong as it usually is. But unless u get promotion players move onto other clubs higher up. U only have a short life span being strong in div 2.
This the argument for the two teams to drop down fe one plus the vacancy of the team not associated with the league. There were no provisions in our bylaws stating that only one go down. It says two. Akal was not in the league.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe u r quite right about the div 2 being strong as it usually is. But unless u get promotion players move onto other clubs higher up. U only have a short life span being strong in div 2.
This the argument for the two teams to drop down fe one plus the vacancy of the team not associated with the league. There were no provisions in our bylaws stating that only one go down. It says two. Akal was not in the league.
Akal
Was in the league they only showed up for first game
With some players so they forfeited 2 games
I know because we signed one player from Akal and had to do a transfer
So he was registered with Akal

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal
Was in the league they only showed up for first game
With some players so they forfeited 2 games
I know because we signed one player from Akal and had to do a transfer
So he was registered with Akal
The game was put down as a forfeit and akal was removed from the league. This they were not in the division.
They should have moved teams up in the divisions 2 and 1.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to be clear, you would have been ok with Akal being "relegated" if the league would have posted them forfeiting every week on the schedule. However, because they just dropped Akal, you want two teams relegated PLUS the Akal vacancy?

Doesn't this just seem like semantics?

As for @robino and the idea that they shouldn't bother with relegating a third Div. 2 team, that idea has plenty of merit, but the bylaws state that an additional team is promoted (see North Delta to Premier) to fill vacancies. I'm sure the Div. 3 teams would have the same argument that the top cluster of teams could all compete in Div. 2 etc.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure @Canucks4Ever, hide behind the bylaws. It's pretty clear this is just a conspiracy to get Westside Juniors promoted to Div 2.

Based on the rules I think it would be a "conspiracy" get Bosna/Cliff promoted to Div. 2...

Though like I said earlier, it's not as clear cut given the teams all have a different amount of games played.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on the rules I think it would be a "conspiracy" get Bosna/Cliff promoted to Div. 2...

Though like I said earlier, it's not as clear cut given the teams all have a different amount of games played.

In the past when deciding things (cup seeding for instance) between teams with different numbers of points the league used average points earned per match

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game was put down as a forfeit and akal was removed from the league. This they were not in the division.
They should have moved teams up in the divisions 2 and 1.

On 17 sept 2017
I rember Akal played GN sporting
Score 8-0 GN
So Akal disappeared
Check with GN they will confirm it

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
21 minutes of "highlights"? Good lord... that's more like watching a compressed match.

Well done @FC Red Star on the win though! I think it opens the door up for both Shaheen and Norvan to catch the White Eagles now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0