Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick one traps in the bush. On soccer pitch one comes to play or not. Guy before your post was right Team did start slow. But after Christmas with few changes team took off. No trapping here it's all about movement off the ball.
Guy on Green Caps on the right side forward bitches like a little girl. I just don't think Kevin will buy his blues. No one wants to take away anything from any team. After all it is div 2 cup. Boys go to work next day. It's all about bit of bragging and no more.
Best of luck to all.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. Great read so far though!

Shame to see Strikers go out, although by the looks of it, it was a close one? Don't really know much about the teams left it in, apart from the expert analysis on here of course, but roll on the end of March!

STID

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. Great read so far though!

Shame to see Strikers go out, although by the looks of it, it was a close one? Don't really know much about the teams left it in, apart from the expert analysis on here of course, but roll on the end of March!

Agreed, loving the chatter on this thread, some truly dynamite banter. Yeah we gave it a good go, and certainly didn't make things easy for Romania. Not surprisingly they had more of the ball and dictated the play to some extent, but we had enough chances on the counter to get one or two more. They have some very very strong players and finish chances at a great rate, I quite like their movement off the ball as well. However they are certainly not unbeatable.

Good luck caps, we'll see you guys soon enough in the summer.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One two three four
Still to win a couple more

Then the words NK Hrvat 2014
Will be engraved upon the cup
That would bring the total to three
One surely must ask whats up

It actually would be four
But one was absolutely stolen
In the 2005 final against Rino's
By a ref that passed through a colon

They were all really sweet
Captured beautifully on DVD
But this one might be the sweetest
Cause the wins have come heroically!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fanad Base loves to play games with English profs. No gramatics in div two soccer. Just a cold beer and soccer ball. Watcher loved school but never went because he played soccer all day. And still loves it. I just can't understand why he and some refs don't see eye to eye.
He should compose a book on bad refs. He could make a million or two. I came here at 18 what English school. Go to work and take care of family.
Good old times.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One two three four
Still to win a couple more

Then the words NK Hrvat 2014
Will be engraved upon the cup
That would bring the total to three
One surely must ask whats up

It actually would be four
But one was absolutely stolen
In the 2005 final against Rino's
By a ref that passed through a colon

They were all really sweet
Captured beautifully on DVD
But this one might be the sweetest
Cause the wins have come heroically!

Enter even though you have the #1 coach
Some how you will DERAIL the train
Like we did to you at the Kerrisdale train crossing
your team will stand more of a chance if you stay home and Watch TV

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct SmartCoach Watcher gets to prove him self. Base has done the job to keep the team in Div two. And top four in B Cup. Saturday Watcher gets to prove what he is made of. This was very hard task for me and NK players. One can only thank all of them for their support. And most of all for hard work. Met lot's of nice coaches like the guys from GFC, North Shore, Romania, Rinoès and Caspian. You all have fun in the summer leagues. Base loves golf, club play starts at the end of the month. Cheers to all see you next fall. A am very sad to see what B United coach has done to Max. It becomes very costly when one try's to do dumb things.

Engineer

Mar 22, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat 3 Vancouver Greencaps 2 in OT
Nervy affair at trillium today. NK struck first Greencaps replied then NK tallied to go into the half up one. The boys in green tied it a ways into the second stanza which made for some anxious moments down the stretch. NK scored the winner with ten to go on a free kick from twenty that found the top corner courtesy of Luca. I see why the Greencaps are respected and they might feel a tad unfortunate as they did have some good sniffs. Sorry to see Mr. Base was not in the hot kitchen today. Not exactly sure why he's missing in action but hopefully he will resurface for training on Monday night! On to Romania. Wouldn't have it any other way. To be the best you have to beat the best which on paper one has to consider them! That's the tenth undefeated game in a row for NK since it's restructuring. The locomotive is around the bend chugging home at full steam and you gotta know how dangerous it is to be on the tracks now!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Engineer Base did his job. The team is in Div. two next year. That was the reason Base came back. As far as Cup final and BC'S it is up to Watcher from here on.
I have two very young boys that need lots of time from me. Plus I love to play golf. There is no way that I can spend that much time on soccer pitches. I might come back in the fall with a young side in Div. three. Practice once a week and a game on the weekend is not so bad. Practice twice a week is bit much.
I also coach youth soccer it also takes time. It's not possible to do it all.
Cheers to all the coaches and players in Div two. Good luck in the summer soccer.
Good luck to Romania and NK for making it to B cup finals and BC'S.
At least some one has to represent red white and blue. All under the maple leaf. This year NK has the deed.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our kits are blue and white. We don't wear our reds anymore because they are crested with Westside and we're no longer part of that organization.

Coincidentally, we have a set of red uniforms for sale...

soccer8

Jan 19, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair play to strikers and greencaps for getting to semis it just goes to show with these new teams the quality is improving and they will mix with the best in div 2 next year....great finish to the season by nk hrvrat to stay up and make the final.should make a good final you would have to fancy romania but its all on the day.....nk like d underdog tag:)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just the same Strikers ,Green Caps and Snipers will be in div two next year. All three good teams. Soudi, B United and Green Devels will be the three teams to beat next year in div three. All three teams are just as strong as Strikers. I must say guys better start training way earlier for fall season. No easy games in Div two. Div three is going to be twice as hard to win a game. Credit must be given to Rubin.
Cup final is this coming Saturday 2:45PM Trillium Turf. Romania has a good passing side. NK has a younger faster side. Should be a good game.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Massively disappointed after our game on Saturday. We felt that we created enough chances to score a sack full but clearly left our shooting boots at home! NK competed well and took the chances they had which included an absolute gift for their first, it was Christmas come early! But fair play for the winner, it was a fantastic free kick, definitely can't argue with that.

Game was played in good spirit with a few flare ups but it was all just good competition and they seemed a nice bunch of guys, so I wish them all the best for the final.

My only gripe was with the guy right at the end of the game who went down screaming, holding his face and writhing around on the floor looking like an epileptic break dancer after being pushed/slapped on the middle of his back, in order to get our guy sent off. Everyone's seen some embarrassing reactions at some point but this was the sole most ridiculous thing i think I've ever seen and had it been one of my players i would have picked him straight up and given him a proper slap across the face to complain about!

But that a side, good luck to both teams in the final, hopefully will be there to watch if we don't have a game ourselves.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happend in today's game NK vs Romania. What was the final score. I watched Masters game an U21 game. Head to go no time to watch NK and Romania. Any hooded guys around? It was getting wet at times and wind made it bit hard to play. Them old timers need more than HO2 to play the game. Air bottle should be on the side lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts