Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far seven sides are in top 8 in B cup. 1.S. D. Royals 2.Romania 3.Roos 4. Van Strikers 5.Green Caps 6.W Van Royals 7.North Van Lions 8. game noy yet played.
Truly it's nice to see Green Caps in top 8. Boys play nice Irish soccer with four guys always attacking. It will take a srong side to stop them lads.
Deza and Badcamp from West side tryed but Green Caps gave them run for the money. It would have been a huge party a block west of 41 and Train tracks. Top floor would have been one big party going on for few days.
Caspian is playing NK today. Caspian is one man show, man in orange shoes is a solo horse. Fast but hamstrings hold mim back. It remains to be seen if Train goes on. Team is good enough it just depends how hard they play.
Next set of games is worh while filming. It should be some nice soccer going on.
Grate job by Rubin and rest of the board. It was nice to see Cap teams in B cup.

Silviu

May 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV Royals is out, Base, we beat them 4-0 yesterday...
Quarterfinals:
S. Delta vs Unicorns/Falconetti's
Romania vs Van. Strikers
Greencaps vs Norvan Lions
Harps n Roos vs Caspian/NK

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Silviu thanks man my bad.Good luck in your next game. All I know Green Caps are for real. Roos are darn good side Unicorns and Falconetti I did not see play this year. Unicorn can play good ball. Caspian and NK the same.
I think you guys will have the easiest game from all the other games. Stars are quick and do work hard. Their guy was watching Green Caps play and few other teams. Be ready say little to the reff. Cards will fly in next round. Nice to see Norvan still playing ball.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Silviu it is Unicorn and NK that move on. Now it depends how nany guys are willing to give it all. To get into top for is not an easy ride. After that luck and cards play the factor. I still think it will be you guys in top four. Norvan is going to give Green Caps run for the money I say Norvan.
Nk and Roos depends how many cards Roos have they do play high pace agressive ball. Fifty fifty on this one. Delta Unicorns I am not sure. Good luck to all. All should go to hut tub tomorow and go for five mile run on Wednesday.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, if the Norvan/Greencaps game is played on soggy grass I'd say its even. On turf, I don't think Norvan will be able to beat them.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick Green Caps have speed Norvan is much stronger phisical side. Caps play old three men up front with a late runins. Norvan stays and defends. I will give it to Norvan it realy does not matter where they play. Only if Norvan has bunch of carded guys that Green Caps have a chance. But than again it's soccer.
I am not happy with reffs when they give players cards and than do not report it. I think that has to stop. Eather it's a card or not.
Rick this will be some weekend coming up. Game clips should be shown on VMSL box.
Romania is going to give any side run for the money rest are all equal. Strikers have hell of a game to play if they wish to move on.

soccer8

Jan 19, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be a good game fri nite strikers v romainia at trillium....and on sat at trillium greencaps v norvan lions and harps n roos v nk hrvat also at trillium @4 .... should be good cup games.....my predictions: romania,harps n roos and greencaps on pk's

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
In soccer you just don't who comes to play. One could bet on two other teams. Skill always beats chasers. Just look at Spain vs chasers. Romania will have to play dam hard to get a win. Same for rest of the teams.

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey mr.B. !!!

Don't blame the ref's !! After seeing PAC west ,CID-university games. I think Angelo does a good job on his choice of referee,s....

I think me base shoulda put game clips on yu tube,he watches a lot of the games every week.perfect choice for camera man....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can not blame the ref today cards were flying. Two reds and about four yellows. Roos an KN Hrvat played along side Green Caps and North Van side.
Fields were playable but it was dam hard with snow coming down. Green Caps are through to top four for B cup, same for NK . NK lost a man to a red card, with ten men they beat Roos two to one. One hell of a game to watch. One must say todays games were much more physical and hard fought.
North Van and Caps game was very close. Good soccer by the both teams. You can see why green Caps will come up to div two. Good thing we have two league games left to get rid of cards for next cup game.
Don't get me wrong we all like Angelo and our refs. They all come out to keep us going.
We can bitch all we want but till they get AR'S what do you expect.

Last edited:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Mr. Base! Good luck in your 2 league games and the cup semi finals.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can ignore terrible ref decisions, and there were plenty today in ours, but when he's just making up rules on the spot and awarding free kicks wherever he can be bothered to point for 'talking to the ref' it's slightly ridiculous. conditions were pretty bad by the end of the games though, wouldn't have liked to have gone out in that and lost!

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, I totally called this one. (I'll take a nice cold pale ale thanks). Greencaps aren't the strongest team defensively in my view but they have outstanding quality up front and I was pretty sure they'd beat North Van.
Now that were getting into the final 4 though the title is completely up for grabs. NK have been underachievers in league play, but I know that team well and I certainly wouldn't discount them to make the final.

Fanad man

Feb 23, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Such crap being spouted on here. Easy knowing Div 2 is the pinnacle of your footballing achievements and knowledge. Greencaps have conceded 3 goals during this cup campaign against better ranked opposition. Hardly a bad defence.
Each game they win, you lot predict they'll lose the next game yet keep beating 'better' teams. They'd hold their own in Div 1 never mind Div 2.
As for KN Hrvat - what a bad tempered game. Harps and roos were too confident going into the game. Great achievement winning and being down to ten men for so long. It'll be a good semi final but honestly, I think it's a Greencaps v Romania final.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tend to agree with the Greencaps v Romania prediction and for the record I've been saying all season that the Greencaps are a quality side who would be competing for promotion to Div. 1 if they were playing Div. 2 this year.

But, Fanand's knee jerk criticism shows less knowledge than that of the guys he criticizes. Man, if you could read you'd see that nobody said the Greencaps had a bad defence, only my opinion that if "they aren't the strongest team defensively." They are a confident, attacking team, and if they have any significant weaknesses it is that their back line is not as strong as their midfield and forwards. I should have some sense of this, we've played them twice and my impression is formed from our first game with them and the statistical record.

Bowen is a mediocre mid table Div. 3 team and when we faced Greencaps earlier in the season, albeit with one of our better sides this year, we were really impressed with their attacking abilities but saw opportunities against them counterattacking in the wings. They were up 2-0, outplaying us, but also not running away with the game, and in the final 15 minutes we had 3 very good chances on counterattacks leading to shots on goal. If our forwards could hit anything at all --they can't--we would have got one back for sure and I think a draw wasn't an impossibility. The second time we played them we had 9 guys, and a few of the nine were the bottom of our roster, so it was impossible to make a deeper assessment. Still, with the exception of, say 4 teams, Caps, Snipers, Cosmos and Astros, the quality in Div. 3 B isn't really very high-and Greencaps have given up 17 goals in 17 games, less than the Snipers who are a point ahead of them. Caps are for real, but I still think they are potentially vulnerable to a team that has good goaltending, speed and good shape at the back, with a decent counter attack.

Fanad man

Feb 23, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
'Good goaltending' and 'bottom of our roster'. I stand corrected. My football knowledge is less than that of the guy I criticized.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gents Green Caps are not better than Roos. Roos is a good side. NK head to play very physical game against Roos. Even with ten men NK never quit. Three very skilled players from NK head to work one was sick. They will be there for next game. Rest of the boys came out to win the game and they did. Not easy at all. Roos were surprized with our skill and man marking. Remember mixture of Croats, Italians, Natives, Punjab, French and Japan can go long ways if they wish. Ref did all he head to do to control the game. Cards were flying and so they should have.
We all know next game is one step harder than the lost one. All depends if the guys want to win. If they do there is no stopping them.
If Robbo on Caps head two tree guys from NK and Roos he would do better in standings than with few of those prity boys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0