Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Rumours & Predictions 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] 2005 TTP Awards

Gurps said:
I heard a rumor that Khalsa was going to sell its Div one spot to a team from the FVSL.

Let me guess..........to another East Indian team :rolleyes:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

john said:
Let me guess..........to another East Indian team :rolleyes:

No, you are wayyyyyyy off. :eek:

Allright....who am I kidding, you are right. :D

bazza

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coaches J.Dunnett and M. Whaley are also undefeated in 05. coaching Norvan I believe they should be taken into consideration for coach of the year.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

John,

I can see Peg sticking together personally. A group that proved they could almost turn it on like a light switch and rev it up for cup while having a pretty easy time of it in Div 1, racking up stats and not having to put out too much effort

I dont know about that John......First of all they'd have to have their light switched "on" for all 18 games........tough thing to do, in any league.

Second, what about Roy Mitchell's star studded youth program. Doesn't he have any up and coming kids. I personally think it will be more of a Surrey FC team in Division one than a Pegasus team. We all know there is a difference.

Third, Khalsa is the wild card.......what happens now.......It appears the committment level and fielding eleven was a problem in Premier, I can't imgaine much more enthusiasm being generated for Div.1. Saying that, who knows what's up the Preverbial Khalsa sleeve. I'm sure they'll try to make at least one run at Premier.........a successful PCL season may help their cause for attracting players

As for the idiots........I'd say you guys have a huge weekend ahead with some major long term implications.......I'd argue it'll be much more attractive to stay in Side A.........Wickham cant afford to lose a point.....if they do and you win your remaining game.........not only will we finally see an Idiots/Ireland Derby but we may be watching a match for Promotion on a soggy, muddy King George in February '06........I'll be there to watch that one!

Sandman

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Don't both those teams have problems getting a full squad out as well Gurps? Or are some of the Khalsa boys gonna stay with them?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

CK,

If either of these teams was to move to VMSL, they would have no problem picking up some more players.

Like I said, this is only a rumour, and Khalsa may decide to play in Div one next year. If they do not, look for one of the above mentioned teams to take their spot.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper, your 5 hour award show should be over by now, yes, I can hear the music starting, so I thought I would add onto this post, since I was apart of the crap this year.

john said:
This may not fit this thread but is a Div 1 topic.............it will be very interesting to see what comes of the two relagated teams next year. Khalsa were a shambles this year and I can't see them being any better in terms of players and commitment next year in Div 1...........while sources tell me that 6-7 core peg lads are indicating they will be joining the Trollups next year.

I can see Peg sticking together personally. A group that proved they could almost turn it on like a light switch and rev it up for cup while having a pretty easy time of it in Div 1, racking up stats and not having to put out too much effort.

IMO, I think that both teams will clean house on all the older players that have been with the teams over the last few years, this will leave Khalsa with just thier CAT team (which has some very good players), possiby some players from a FVSL team, and then a couple of older guys to stick around.

The same should go for Peg, they will be moving to Slurrey (the NAP) and only taking the few good young Surrey based kids with them, there should be loads of talent out in the Valley that would love a chance at playing with a Pegasus team that is starting over in Div. 1, just like they did in the VMSL in the late 80's and early 90's. I would think this would include now coaching staff too, perhaps the same person that is being hired as the new technical director for the S.F.C. Club.

My hat goes off to Clubs like Indo and Croatia that have been relegated in the past, have kept a core together and been able to get Promoted back up right away, but if you do get relegated in a weak Premier League, then it is probably best to fix the problem, by re-building and then stay up for good and not back and forth year after year. The last question is, where do all the older, still capable players go and play that are no longer part of these re-building teams? Out at ScUm with Regs in O-35 or to the Mighty Rangers at SFC, or just stay on the Shore and go with the Peg Old Boys, hard to say, I am sure we can all be recycled somewhere along the way.

hos

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It looks as though Surrey Rangers will be recruiting ruthlessly in the summer. I expect to see damning photos of various prospective signings, (KNVB, HOS, Parkhead ect.) hot-tubbing with famous gamblers like "Richie the Fixer" and "Shamrock the Captain".

I can neither confirm nor deny rumours that the Rangers are planning to hire former UNLV legend Jerry Tarkanian as new head coach of the junior Rangers.

Any edge may be required however with the imminent arrival to the first division of div 2 powerhouses (please no laughing in the back there) NDFC and the Tsunamicanes.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Jinky

We need a hot tub like that at NAP.
Construction will commence ASAP.
What Jerry wants, Jerry gets.

Money talks Jinky.

Money talks.

;)

Status