Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter - Feb 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans 1-0 City FC

Full credit to City for playing hard. Lobbans just cant get things going at the moment and are still relying on their backline and keeper. However, if anyone had been at the game to witness, they would've seen some diabotical refereeing at best!! :mad: 3 blatant penalties which he did call fouls for, but decided to move them outside the box when the closest of all 3 was still 1 yard inside the box. The other two, like the third, which were so far inside the box, were all classic cases of a ref with either no balls or one who adjusted the rules to his own likings. PLONKER!! :rolleyes:
I'm a bit surprised that he refs at this level(ya keeper I know, Div 1-oooooh), but not at least bit surprised he was the one refereeing the game last week where a brawl occured. :rolleyes: Im all for paying refs what their worth. So ref-you owe us $50 minus your gas.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
I'm a bit surprised that he refs at this level(ya keeper I know, Div 1-oooooh)
Wha-? Huh? What'd I do?

By the way, nice hair cut, Becks. ;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 CAT

Clan 5 - Sap 3

What a typical young, mostly italian team.....up 5-1 and crying at the ref, Sap players, and anyone else that was around. They must have received 10 yellows and 3 reds (2 coaches got the boot). At the end of the game, Clan came off the field like they just lost and it was all the ref's fault. The top brass was there but they have no control over anyone.
I lost a lot of respect for Columbus today; teaming up with the the group of Clan losers will do it every time.

As for the game, it was actually quite enjoyable to play in. It was easy to work them up into a tiffy. ;)

Columbus sold out!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB it all started with your Italian player elbow on Vinny Peragine. If the ref sorted that out early then it the game would have been ok. But since you only see the game one way then I would not expect you to notice that.

If one of our Italian players did that to Rob Sing I would like to see how you act.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 3 - Sarajevo 2 in the absolute fcuking cold. The field in great shape. (Obviously not Beach Grove. :D)

Blaze went up 3-0 in the second only to let in 2 in the last 15. Scoreline a bit flattering for Sarajevo.

The Sarajevo #3 has never seen a call by a referee he liked. Every time there was contact, a throw in, a goal kick anything , he'd have a moan. Mind you the referee was an absolute wanker, wearing a coat to stay warm. Mind you, he did make it out of the center circle, although that may have been to stay warm. ;) Yellow short wearing poof. Hi Prince. :D

Off to watch SuperBowl now.

Keagan

Oct 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo/Akal 2
Westside 1

Indo/Akal was lucky to get the 3 points, but 3 points are 3 points, they were missing Gilly and JJ.
Goals by Olie and G. Aujula

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BLAZE with the 3-2 win today over the most pathetic group of whiners in the league, bar none. I felt so sorry for Walks today as he had to put up with these children screaming bloody murder every time a call didn't go their way....unbelievable. They seemed like good guys before the game and after but during the match it was like reliving kindergarden.

Blaze up 1-0 at half. We potted two more in the second and totally dominated until with about 12 left ... made a few subs and fell apart. We'll take the 3 points and closing in on Cliff Ave. for 3rd, with a game in hand.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1 INDO/AKAL 2

Keagan....lucky......that's a strong word. We did have many chances, but our ball touch and finishing was diabolical. We did struggle after the emotional high of the temple win, but as you mentioned we will take the 3 points and move on to Cliff Avenue next week. And yes JJ was sick with the flu, and I am recovering from an ankle injury inflicted on me last week by the Hillcrest turf.

An a positive note, Auj returned to the lineup and scored the winner, not bad for an oldtimer :D

Gilly

rouge_auto

Feb 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans 1 City 0
Lobbans played close to the top of their game (these days). Long ball, poor passing, horrible decisions, negative chatter - a regular day at the circus. They were lucky. They could not stop the City forward, who must have been a Beachcombers fan, particularly of Relic, with his black, shaggy toque, which in itself says much. A couple of different bounces and who knows?
By the way, can an out player wear a toque during a game?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly,

I think "lucky" considering your finishing is the correct word. I swear, when we pulled even with 20 to go, I saw 11+ Indo's collectively sh!t themselves. Hell, the loss alone was almost worth the sight to see your jaws all drop. It was like your whole season was flashing before your eyes. :D

Nevertheless, you guys were all over us. But I thought we did an excellent job of keeping you mainly to the perimeters -- any attempts at penetration were well cleared or smothered (save for the winning goal :( ). And Ollie's gift in the second? Jeez, I hope he heard me when I asked him "How could you miss that?" Poor bastard, he'll be dreaming about for, . . . well . . . he probably won't -- but he should. I'm really, what you pay him for? Converts? :D

Good luck down the stretch.

coolhead

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't defend the touque, but maybe I can explain it. Before he found a job in Vancouver, 'Gibsons Jay' spent most of the season commuting from the Sunshine Coast ...

coolhead

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Touque Man

The question isn't "How can he wear a touque?", The question is "How can City FC allow a player to wear a touque?"

Gloves I can see......even spandex, albiet a very far stretch (get it.....?), but a touque?! Bush league.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the "toque" game. Why does anyone care if Jay wore a toque or not?
It was bloody cold with the win and i believe he forgot his "headband" (a worse piece of clothing than a toque" to try and keep the mop on his head out of his eyes. To each their own i guess.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We don't even let guys wear a long undershirt under their jerseys. It doesn't get cold enough in Vancouver (EVER) for gloves, undershirts, toques etc when you are playing soccer. Period.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PLAYBOI said:
that sounds reasonable.
signed Hitler

Playboi, that was almost funny. Almost. :D

Sarajevo should feel terrible. They were scored against this weekend by,

a guy who hasn't scored in 2 years,
a guy in basically his first game back after ligament surgery
and Playboi.

:knvb: :wa: :bronco:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Lobbans 1 : 0 City FC Rangers

A win for the old(er) boys. But should this have been a goal? Was City robbed? You decide.

It should have been a goal if you ask me. There wasn't much contact when the forward went for the header. He got all ball from where i was standing and then the keeper proceeded to drop it, twice. The second bounce was toe poked to another forward who put it in. Oh, well those are the breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts