Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen has been trying to move up to Div 1 for number of years. They even brought in some Prem players but still could not get promoted. Now that they are in Div 1, this will ensure that these players will stay with Shaheen. If they can pick up few good good players from FASA then they should be a strong team this year. It just shows that no matter what division, to earn a promotion is one of the toughest things to do.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen has been trying to move up to Div 1 for number of years. They even brought in some Prem players but still could not get promoted. Now that they are in Div 1, this will ensure that these players will stay with Shaheen. If they can pick up few good good players from FASA then they should be a strong team this year. It just shows that no matter what division, to earn a promotion is one of the toughest things to do.

(Harp music)

A number of years ago, a bunch of us dropped down from Premier to Div. 2 to help get our club's team back into Div. 1. They had been demoted the year previous.

That season we did win promotion, but it wasn't settled until the last day of a 4 way play-in. Very enjoyable season, and not easy at all. Also, we were constantly accused of "stacking the team with Premier players", which (in our case) was laughable. Reality was, we were all way past it, and had we tried to stick in Premier, it'd have been on the bench. We ended up playing the next 2 or 3 seasons in Div. 1, upper / mid pack, which was about where we should have been at that stage.

I really respect those guys that can play at a high level for a long time. No matter how good you are, that's a lot of dedication and resiliency.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any teams not returning? I have zero friends outside my own team so never know what’s going on with M and A activity and teams folding.

Don_Revie

Jan 30, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a member of a recently formed team (and many years playing in Europe in different countries and associations), I don't really understand how the VMSL is working. Teams that fold are replaced by brand new teams paying them a fee? How is that even authorized?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a member of a recently formed team (and many years playing in Europe in different countries and associations), I don't really understand how the VMSL is working. Teams that fold are replaced by brand new teams paying them a fee? How is that even authorized?

I assume you are a Leeds supporter
Amazing they have returned to EPL
After such a long time
Revie a good England manager

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahaha good question but I think they play under the old teams banner for a year then change names.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Think of it as a change in ownership and manager making wholesale changes to the player personnel.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

You've never heard of MK Dons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts