Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just randomly checked the standings today and I see GN was deducted points for an ineligible player and now sit in last place meaning they are relegated? Anyone confirm?
If this is true then Burnaby metro from div 2 would lose a lot of points and promotion.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ref44 , your thoughts??
My thoughts is Burnaby metro from div 2 should lose points in every game they had that kid play in or was on the team list. In the end it is still the teams reaponsibility to not sign a player from another bc soccer league. As for akal the minutes do say they were expelled from the league thus they cannot be a relegated team. That's why it showed up in the schedule as a league bye. We shall see what bc soccer has to say. It has been brought to their attention and they seem to agree but awaiting a meeting with the vmsl executive board. Was a little disappointed and would have liked to have heard the number of votes the new executive members got. We had 6 votes from our club for rob Friedman to get in but he didn't.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be harsh on burnaby metro if they did not know.

Ok, so why wait til weeks after the season is over to deduct the points? Surely GN would play with a fire under their ass if they had known, well maybe they did??
You gotta think tactics too. If you're playing against the top teams you might think, let's rest some legs so we can have a good go against a beatable team etc etc.
As for Burnaby metro unfortunately it is the team signing them to make sure as well he is not with another club in bc soccer.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My question on this one is what were the mechanics of this points deduction? Were protests filed by teams within the 7 day limit of the games being played and it took until recently for the board to reach a decision on these protests? Or was this a retroactive decision? As mentioned, if it was retroactive then it really opens up a can of worms re Burnaby Metro.

Or was this a points deduction for something other than using an ineligible player? If it was a protest filed by an opposing team that team should have been awarded 3 pts and GN deducted an additional 3 pt penalty (unless of course they had lost the game anyway, in which case it would be only the additional 3 pt penalty). It would be interesting to see which games are the games in question.

HighLife

Mar 30, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
My question on this one is what were the mechanics of this points deduction? Were protests filed by teams within the 7 day limit of the games being played and it took until recently for the board to reach a decision on these protests? Or was this a retroactive decision? As mentioned, if it was retroactive then it really opens up a can of worms re Burnaby Metro.

Or was this a points deduction for something other than using an ineligible player? If it was a protest filed by an opposing team that team should have been awarded 3 pts and GN deducted an additional 3 pt penalty (unless of course they had lost the game anyway, in which case it would be only the additional 3 pt penalty). It would be interesting to see which games are the games in question.

If you go onto the website, it states it was the April 1st game against Rino's Vancouver which GN had won 3-0. It says "Use of ineligible player (3 point penalty plus loss of points earned in game)"

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you go onto the website, it states it was the April 1st game against Rino's Vancouver which GN had won 3-0. It says "Use of ineligible player (3 point penalty plus loss of points earned in game)"

Thanks for that, missed that one on my brief scroll through the website.

So presumably @dezza and/or @SmartCoach filed their protest within 7 days of the game and the league has just recently handed down a verdict?

Good news for Burnaby Metro in that case given that, one assumes, there are no pending protests filed against them for their use of an ineligible player.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember this game... I stopped by briefly during a Clark Dr. microbrewery crawl and our coach mentioned that he thought GN had an ineligible player because he was on the weekly email for accumulation of cautions, however when I did a quick check of the VMSL website he was not listed as suspended.

Based on our experience earlier in the season of protesting because a player was on the website marked suspended and playing, but us losing the protest (VMSL claimed he was on the website "in error"), and our team in this match having no possibility of moving in the standings we didn't bother to protest this game. GN were far better on the day and deserved to win the match, and I'm not sure the player in question had any material impact on the game.

As you can see in the standings, GN were deducted 6 points, but Rino's Vancouver SC were not awarded the 3 as if they had won.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was not at this game out it town I
I know the vmsl office check team sheets from Refree
End of week they would catch it then
Or ref gave a card to a player allready suspended
Played this game
It is up to coaches to check there email of suspensions each week
I guess our Fury team helped by winning vs GN
Just after this game
GN did have a player sent off second half vs Fury

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
our team in this match having no possibility of moving in the standings we didn't bother to protest this game. GN were far better on the day and deserved to win the match, and I'm not sure the player in question had any material impact on the game.

As you can see in the standings, GN were deducted 6 points, but Rino's Vancouver SC were not awarded the 3 as if they had won.

This opens up all kinds of questions if you guys didn't even put in a protest.

Does GN even know they've been relegated?
Does Metro know they've survived the drop?

What a gong show!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal is long gone not coming back
6 points deducted GN
Used a player suspended
Metropolitan stay up they play good soccer they got there act together end of season
One less trip to Newton next season
Too many teams from Newton
Would be happy if they go back to Fraser valley

Funny, the Valley wants the VMSL to take all the Newton teams.

Nobody wants to go to Newton. It's where bikes get stolen and dreams end.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You haven't known a shitty Sunday night till you'd traveled to Chilliwack in November for a 6:30 PM KO.
Only in the Air on way east I can wave at chilliwack
They should stay in the valley Hwy 1 is very poor in winter Langley going east
Ice cream is very frozen
Dude Lufthansa now gives out ice cream as a snack
Got it twice on last flight
Swiss air Lindt chocolate bars got 6 last time
Air Canada ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet