Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finished Campo 1 Norvan 1.

Cracking match. Really enjoyed this one. Norvan were better team in first half and had a slew of chances in last five minutes of half that they just couldn't put away. Campo came out all guns blazing to start second and were way better team that half, again creating loads of chances they couldn't take but there was some great goalkeeping by Norvan to keep them out as well.

Both teams looked like they could score if there was any defensive slip and it was Norvan that took the lead, kind of against the run of play but they were counter attacking well, with nine minutes left, slotting home a cross from the right, but Campo pushed hard and tied things up in the 89th minute after some great solo work in the box and a nice finish.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romania 3 - Rino Fury 2

I went to see my friends of Rino Fury since we will play them soon. Fairly even game at 1-1 until around the second half.
Romania suddenly started to take over the game, and Fury's management failed to make the proper adjustments.Essentially, they fumbled a tied game.

For about 20 minutes, Romania literally ripped apart the Fury defense and two very good goals were scored. One was from open play and the last one from a free kick. If the forward is not fouled he would have likely scored. Very solid attacking display by Romania.

Fury management gets a bit frantic and asks their players to boot the ball long every time. Not pretty soccer to watch, but as you know eventually you get a goal, and they did, 1 minute to the end of the game.

Fury midfield and forward worked very hard in the last few minutes. They created a nice cross and their forward missed the net with his header by mere inches.
They also put the defense under so much pressure that a Romanian defender almost scored an own goal on a deflection.

Overall, a deserved win for Romania. I do not think that this team will get relegated.

This put Romania in 6th and the Rino Fury in 7th and Rino Vancouver in 8th.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some intriguing fixtures at the halfway mark this week:

CCB Guilford v GN
A Surrey derby with the teams separated by a mere three points. GN have posted some strong results, but back to back losses have been a bit of a reality check for the Div 2 upstarts. Certainly they have established themselves as a quality Div. 1 caliber team, so I would be surprised to see them get dragged into a relegation battle in the second half of the season. That being said, I think a promotion challenge is a bit much to expect for this group, this season at least. Meanwhile, their local rivals are a promotion contender after last years strong campaign. Bunched with the teams one point behind the leaders, CCB really need the points this week to keep pace and potentially start to leave some teams behind. It won't be easy, with GN always up for a battle, but I see Guilford coming away with the points.

South Delta v Metropolitan
A big relegation six pointer in Tsawwassen this weekend. Assuming, with Akal having dropped out of the league, that there will be only one additional team relegated (as opposed to the standard two and Akal's spot being treated as a vacancy in Div 1 next season) at the half way mark it seems likely to be either SD or Metro going down. Given SD's strong campaign last season, it is surprising to see them struggling like this. Losing players like Geoff Salt back to Richmond has clearly taken it's toll, but still, one win in 9 is uncharacteristic for a group of guys known for grinding out results. Students appeared to be on the up in recent years, growing their club and with a seemingly strong recruiting base out at UBC. Perhaps it has been hard to retain players when they are in the area mostly for school and, like their opponents, high profile exists have evidently taken their toll on the results. Whatever the case, this weekend could well be a hammer blow. I expect a good game between two teams fighting to hold their place in this league. If there is an edge to be had, getting a pack of UBC kids to Tsawwassen on a Friday night could be a challenge. A draw doesn't really help anyone here, so I'll say SD finds a way to get all three points.

Campo v NorVan
MOTW as current leaders take on former leaders. This forum needs no further explanation of Campo's "different" approach to football. As for their form, they generally seem to like big occasions as opposed to the mundane and this fixture would fall under the former. NorVan, for their part, started the season stuck in first gear before rounding into what appeared to be title contending form. Since their bye week however, they seemed to have slipped once more and now a loss would see them four points out of first place. Last time they needed some desperation against Binger's in week five they found it and I think they can go to that well again. Campo though, are chasing another scalp for their collection and will no doubt be energized and prepared. I'm seeing a draw after 90 minutes.

Rino's Tigers v Bingers
Always fun when Bingers encounter a Rino's team. These team's know each other very well from battle in the Richmond summer league. The Tigers results from week to week seem to be determined based on whether or not they can score their way out of trouble. Tigers have allowed the second most goals in the league, but counterbalance that by being the division's top goal scorers. A difficult week, then, for Bingers to find @big gk on the suspension list. Should be a high scoring affair, but without their star keeper I think Bingers might come up just short. I tip the scales towards the Tigers.

Rino's Fury v Romania
Romania got their feet under them enough to climb above the relegation battle, but the find themselves nestled third from bottom as we make the turn. The Fury continue to plug away and with such parity in the league, they are even on the outskirts of the promotion race. Now I am sure they do not realistically see themselves contending for the top two in the league, but certainly a win would take them into some thinner air. A win for Romania would pull these two teams level at mid table, which I think is a more accurate reflection of their campaigns to date. Home form for the Fury remains an issue, as they continued their impressive road performances last time out with a win at GN. The Fury seem in form, but they proved my statistical analysis right last time out by winning away, so I'll follow the numbers and say they lose at home.
good job. 4 out of 5

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps, let's be realistic, he's way too narcissistic to allow for someone to write something about him without reading it. His public "ignore" list is just a way for him to read without responding to those who challenge his untruths.

@dezza expand your gaze and your mind. You could never truly understand the "ignore list", this is a foreign concept to you. Until you accept that your perception of the imperceptible is perceived to be that which you cannot perceive you will be perpetually perpetuating your own imperceptions in perpetuity.

GET IT SORTED MAN, CHRIST!!! ;)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Soccer Coach: Hello, Dude who wants to play soccer.

Soccer Dude: Who are you?

The Soccer Coach: I am the Soccer Coach. I and my predecessors created the Beautiful Game from what most of you call soccer. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process that led you here has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably lost until you accept Campo Football. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

The Soccer Coach: You are here because you see that Campo is about to be destroy the VMSL division. Its every living club terminated, their entire existence eradicated by a divine might.

Soccer Dude: Bullshit.

The Soccer Coach: Denial is the most predictable of all who refuse to acknowledge the green and blue socks. But, rest assured, this will be the 2nd time we have been in Division 1 and we will destroy it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

The Soccer Coach: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for living blind.

Soccer Dude: If I were you, I would hope we don't meet again. You are kinda over the top...not trying to be mean but...

The Soccer Coach: We won't. You will only have this one chance. Your Hope, it is the quintessential unbeliever's delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness. What you fail to understand is that this is about football and the "real" way it is to be played.

The Soccer Coach: Look, There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the Campo Institution of Fine Football, the way it is meant to be played. The door to your left leads back to a Matrix of shite clubs who don't have the vision and will be the end of your football career. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction: the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you to the simple and obvious truth: Blue and Green Socks will annilhate all that come before it.

Soccer Dude: Are you for real? Why am I here?

The Soccer Coach: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the inferior programming of footballers in Canada. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to replicate with any precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Soccer Dude: For F'Sakes, You haven't answered my question.

The Soccer Coach: Quite right. Interesting. I have not faked you out with my obscure references to historical events and loosely relevant YouTube videos on the best of days.

Soccer Dude: Um..What the F are you going on about? And by the way,didn't you get to Div 1 before and...

The Soccer Coach: Listen Soccer Dude, There are layers to this space time football continum that you just wont/can't understand.

The Soccer Coach: The first Campo was designed to be and was quite naturally perfect. It was a work of art. Flawless. Sublime. A triumph only equaled by its monumental failure. Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the Anomaly revealed as both beginning... and end that begins with your choice...
Campo-BluePill-Red-Pill.jpg

Campo-MakeFootbal-lGreatAgain.jpg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to be clear, I am not the the Dude in Soccer Dude. I'm retired, you know.

I felt like I was reading one of Jinky's works. Nostalgic.

Thank you, @bonefish. TTP may be dying, but there are still some air in the old lungs.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Soccer Coach: Hello, Dude who wants to play soccer.

Soccer Dude: Who are you?

The Soccer Coach: I am the Soccer Coach. I and my predecessors created the Beautiful Game from what most of you call soccer. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process that led you here has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably lost until you accept Campo Football. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

The Soccer Coach: You are here because you see that Campo is about to be destroy the VMSL division. Its every living club terminated, their entire existence eradicated by a divine might.

Soccer Dude: Bullshit.

The Soccer Coach: Denial is the most predictable of all who refuse to acknowledge the green and blue socks. But, rest assured, this will be the 2nd time we have been in Division 1 and we will destroy it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

The Soccer Coach: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for living blind.

Soccer Dude: If I were you, I would hope we don't meet again. You are kinda over the top...not trying to be mean but...

The Soccer Coach: We won't. You will only have this one chance. Your Hope, it is the quintessential unbeliever's delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness. What you fail to understand is that this is about football and the "real" way it is to be played.

The Soccer Coach: Look, There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the Campo Institution of Fine Football, the way it is meant to be played. The door to your left leads back to a Matrix of shite clubs who don't have the vision and will be the end of your football career. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction: the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you to the simple and obvious truth: Blue and Green Socks will annilhate all that come before it.

Soccer Dude: Are you for real? Why am I here?

The Soccer Coach: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the inferior programming of footballers in Canada. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to replicate with any precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Soccer Dude: For F'Sakes, You haven't answered my question.

The Soccer Coach: Quite right. Interesting. I have not faked you out with my obscure references to historical events and loosely relevant YouTube videos on the best of days.

Soccer Dude: Um..What the F are you going on about? And by the way,didn't you get to Div 1 before and...

The Soccer Coach: Listen Soccer Dude, There are layers to this space time football continum that you just wont/can't understand.

The Soccer Coach: The first Campo was designed to be and was quite naturally perfect. It was a work of art. Flawless. Sublime. A triumph only equaled by its monumental failure. Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the Anomaly revealed as both beginning... and end that begins with your choice...
View attachment 17021

View attachment 17022
@bonefish,
Soccercoach is quite amuzed and entertained by your dialogue. There is hope when people start to ponder and discuss this ideas (even if it is not in sarcasting manners); the fact that there is some discussion it means that there is movement.

I am glad that you start to see that there are some clubs (including yours) that prefere uniformity and homogeneity over diversity or unorthodox thought.

I must correct you in one misconception. The issue of naturally perfect, designed, flawless, sublime.
It is quit the opposite. Hope this video helps you understand my selection of players, formations, and style of playing. You see, even when you try there are certain chains in your thought process that lead you to think that we all strive for perfection and excellence

Might I suggest more readings on the Greek Tragedies and Nietzche?
You can fail and still be good.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The post of @bonefish is appreciated for its creativity.

However, it is a mere distraction from what really matters.

I am really proud of the Campo players.
They held to a draw a team that represents a club that boast itself as one of the largest clubs in Canada.
A club that brags to have the highest standard of excellence for soccer development and coaching in the Vancouver area.
A club that has one of the most well funded programs in the country both at the youth and adult level with thousands of dollars and supporters behind them.

But.....
How they can be such a distinguished club if they barely escape with a tie to small group of individuals?
How they can be such an exceptional club if they can not beat a team heavenly composed of individuals who have been rejected as to be unfit to play even in their own 2nd and 3rd teams?
A team coached by a demented individual.

This game was never supposed to happen. It was supposed to be between Norvan #1 and Norvan #2.
It was supposed to be played by a team wearing an all black uniform and a team wearing and all red uniform.
It was supposed to be a game played by teams composed of tall and strong and athletic individuals (preferably of one race or background).

The result was supposed to be reflective of the hyperreality that has been created around us. A game that would be hiding the reality. A game that would be not be hiding of to what is going on.

The Campo comes and messes it up.

Their club does not provide excellence in training both at the adult and youth level.
The reality is that this is a club of nation ranked 118th in the world.

Yes, let me repeat. We are a nation ranked 118th in the world.

To put in context, our soccer is below Ethiopia, Bostwana, the Philippines, Irak and North Korea.

Yes, this is right. The nanny that comes to take care of your children and the recently arrived refugee who pick ups your garbage KNOWS AND PLAYS better than you.

I put the above sentence because I was once in a field with a friend who has a small child. The nanny was with us and a soccer game was taking place in the adjacent field, and she was commenting, "whao" what is this? this people play in a weird manner, they do not really know how to play the game.

Of course, if she walks towards them and tell them this, they would be saying "what the heck are you talking about?"
"you are just a nanny?"... "we are from a distinguished club"

The reality is that because Norvan is a club from a nation ranked 118th in the world, it is not that difficult to put a group of hard working players together and them play equal to their Premier club.

Do not take me wrong. Norvan is deserving of been in Premier. They will go to Premier. I have not doubt about it.

However, when it comes to world standards there is nothing excellent or exceptional about them. At the end they are simply a youth and an adult club from a country ranked 118th in the world.

A random team of amateurs from Gabon, Rwanda, Liberia, Nicaragua would do better than the best that Norvan football club can produce.

This is the reality that they want to hide from parents and players themselves. Both their adult and youth get indoctrinated to beleive that there is something special about them when there is none.

Yes, @bandcamp , @Jigsaw , @Dude, when it comes to soccer we are the worst of the worst.

So what we can do?
What Campo did to play equal equal or better than Norvan?

The answer is very simple. We train and play how most of the rest of the world do.
We respect the integrity of the game and creativity of the individual player and more importantly acknowledge the fact that everyone can be a soccer player regardless of their characteristics.

We do small sided games and individual battles (1 v 1), (2 v 1), etc.
Nothing complicated.
There is no special knowledge or hidden recipe.
A few guidance and reminders but the players themselves were the ones who subdued Norvan and their entourage of coaches (they have like 7 coaches in their bench, coaches from their three VMSL teams, youth teams, and even Capilano were at their bench). Yet with all this wisdom and experience Campo players stood to them and play equal or better than them.

Campo Atletico 1 - NVFC 1
The game started in a rather even manner. Both teams created equal chances with two different approaches. However, as the game progressed Norvan seemed to take over the initiative. They moved the ball well and essentially were jumping the midfield. They would keep possession in the back and then launch the ball high forward or sideways. No direct threat, but they will win the corner or throw in.
Campo created a very good goal scoring opportunity but unfortunately the ball bounced funny and our forward narrowly missed the crossbar. Norvan did create one good build up on the ground, but the forward shot it wide.
They deserved to score that opportunity.

We made changes in the second hallf. New formation and a few substitutions. It worked. The guys got motivated and essentially it was a one way traffic in the second half. They started to foul our forwards and midfielders. One free kick was superbly saved by the keeper. Their goalie was excellent and made some superb saves.

Perhaps one save had the ball in the net. From our side, it looked like the ball was in. However, they scored against traffic. Our players were tired and got distracted from pressing up. They quickly converted a throw in and got our back line out of position.

However, the magic and creativity from one of our midfielders got the deserved tie. He went literally by 4 Norvan defenders in a small area and then simply passed the ball into the net. A superb finish.

This goal it is the representation and image of the message of this post.
A Norvan player would have never been able to do this. Simply because as a child or adult he has not been exposed to settings and coaches that would nurture his creativity and expressivity in the field. Simply pass the ball fast and run.

In Canada, we do kill the creativity and individual imagination of our players.
We do not produce the Messi's, the Maradona's, the Neymar's of the world because our coaches and institutions asphyxiate our players since early age.

Now people like @bonefish and others can dismiss this post and keeping creating a surreal world for their constituency (adult players and parents) or they can start to re-asses and start to make changes so they can start to develop and produce good amateur and hopefully good professional soccer players who one day could bring this great nation to a respectable place in the world.
Right now we are the worst of the worst below 100th place.
Think about it. There is nothing from our youth and adult clubs who tell us the reality that we are ranked 118th in the world.
They have created a simulacrum to make us beleive that we are better than who we are. We have excellent coaches, excellent programs, pathways to the World Cup. Everything to hide the reality our REAL place in the soccer world.
--------------------

Messi:
"But usually, playing football meant playing in the street, outside my house or anywhere else in the neighbourhood where there was a game going on. In those days the road was unpaved, just dried earth. It wasn’t the best of neighbourhoods but it was the kind of neighbourhood where everybody knew everybody and we were out in front of our houses, so my mum wasn’t worried about me.

I started playing when I was five. At first, I wasn’t always allowed to play with the bigger boys but that changed as I got older. It’s funny: sometimes my older brothers didn’t want me to join in those games in the street.

That wasn’t just because I was small. They said it was because they were playing against older boys. The thing was that the other boys wouldn’t be able to get the ball off me: my brothers were worried that I would end up getting kicked or that something bad might happen to me if the other boys got angry. I don’t really remember that but it’s what my brothers have told me since."

Messi lean to play alone in the street with his brothers, but in Norvan boys go to play in an excellent development program by professional coaches. But at the end who produces the best players? the street or the professionally paid coaches that develop kids on artificial turf and an artificial settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0