Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
11 goals, even more cards between two teams from one club, seems like collusion to me :rolleyes:
I was briefly there. Defenses seemed to be arranged in a manner that allowed lots of goals. Be naive if you want. Interesting game.
The question is what happens if both teams get 1st and 2nd place. They are very good. Which teams moves up?
Would the league allow both to move up?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was briefly there. Defenses seemed to be arranged in a manner that allowed lots of goals. Be naive if you want. Interesting game.
The question is what happens if both teams get 1st and 2nd place. They are very good. Which teams moves up?
Would the league allow both to move up?
No no No No
You are a Idiot
Read the Vmsl Rules

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
No no No No
You are a Idiot
Read the Vmsl Rules
...uhm....this is the problem with the ones that do not see ahead.
The rules do not stipulate this specific situation. For instance, what happens if both teams finish in 1st and 2nd place. How it is chosen the one that moves up? By the standings, by the choice of the club?
In addition, there are other scenarios. What if one of the teams decide to "separate" from the club before the end of the season or after the season? Would they count as separate teams. There is a lost of ambiguity.

As for the game, the team that was supposed to win won the game (the best scenario for the club). The Fury was up by two goals and rather than defend made key substitutions and left itself vulnerable. Was this on purpose or just lack of experience in winning important games? We will never know.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gutted to lose, but man what a game...

@Soccer Coach is right, the asian betting line on the match was an over/under of 6.5 so making sure 11 goals were scored means the club is much richer. Don't be naive guys, you just need to know where to place your bets and you too can make fat stacks of cash by carefully orchestrated substitutions.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately we are down 2 defenders at the moment, so 2 guys that have been injured and had only played a combined total of 40 minutes so far this season had to start, and obviously were not match fit to go 90 minutes.

Lucky for us we have the BYE coming up to allow guys to recover and regain their fitness.

Also, Tigers scored their 3rd goal in the 1st half before any subs were made. So please continue with your wonderful insights you nettlesome little hobgoblin

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gutted to lose, but man what a game...

@Soccer Coach is right, the asian betting line on the match was an over/under of 6.5 so making sure 11 goals were scored means the club is much richer. Don't be naive guys, you just need to know where to place your bets and you too can make fat stacks of cash by carefully orchestrated substitutions.
I can tell you right away the most likely outcome of the games. Rinos Tigers will always beat the other two Rinos teams. No matter if the Tigers are down by one or two or three goals. They will always beat the other two unless they have already clinched promotion. As for the games between the other two teams. One will be a win by the Rinos Vancouver and the other one will be a win by the Fury.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure:

South Delta v Romania
SD got rolling with their first win of the season last weekend while Romania have one goal to their name at the moment. At home on a Friday in Tsawwassen, barring a meltdown, this one should be routine.

Rino's Tigers v Rino's Fury
The first Rino's derby of the season has relegated Tigers against promoted Fury. Should been a feisty one given Fury's work ethic and with both teams coming off losses. No doubt Tigers are the favourite, as they will be most weeks, but expect the Fury to keep this one close.

Rino's Van SC v Bingers
The two teams yet to lose in the division and I'll bet on that not to change. Expecting a low scoring cagey affair for these Div1 veterans, either 0-0 or 1-1.

NorVan v CCB Guilford
MOTW as CCBs win and Tigers loss last week completely compressed the table and made NorVan's draw against Rino's SC less detrimental. A win for NorVan in fact would vault them ahead of CCB and put them back into the heart of the promotion race. On the flip side a CCB win, coupled with a likely Tigers win and Bingers having a game at hand all of a sudden puts some early season distance between NorVan and promotion. Nobody is winning the league this weekend, but with games against Bingers and Tigers on the horizon this is a pivotal weekend for the North Shore crew. That being said NorVan have been uninspiring so far and this leads me to question their ambition; as for CCB I know they have their sights firmly set on promotion. This one is really going to set up the rest of the season nicely and I'm going to roll the dice and take the Surrey boys, far from home, for back to back crucial road victories.

Metropolitan v GN
At the other end of the table two winless teams battle on Sunday. The Div 1 gloss is no doubt wearing off for GN and you wonder what sort of team they will travel with to UBC on a Sunday night? Is it a chance to pick up three points against another struggling team? Or, with Akal folding and thus likely only one team getting relegated, are GN just going to focus on home games to try and get enough points to stay ahead of Romania? Students will be ready in full force no doubt, but is it enough? They are desperate for a win, but through 3 weeks they have shown that they seem to lack the one or two classy players who get you wins at this level. A draw really does neither team any good. This one is a toss up, I'll take the home team.
Could have all the predictions right this week. In our game the rinos goalie made some unreal saves to preserve the ever so exciting 0 0 scoreline

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the spirit of fair game and fair competition, just like in premier div, teams in div 1, 2, or 3 from the same club should also not be able to compete against eachother. Although it is an amateur league and most unlikely, some match fixing could happen.
However, as of right now in VMSL it is fair and it is legal. That is what the law book says.

Ion

Nov 22, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure:

South Delta v Romania
SD got rolling with their first win of the season last weekend while Romania have one goal to their name at the moment. At home on a Friday in Tsawwassen, barring a meltdown, this one should be routine.

Rino's Tigers v Rino's Fury
The first Rino's derby of the season has relegated Tigers against promoted Fury. Should been a feisty one given Fury's work ethic and with both teams coming off losses. No doubt Tigers are the favourite, as they will be most weeks, but expect the Fury to keep this one close.

Rino's Van SC v Bingers
The two teams yet to lose in the division and I'll bet on that not to change. Expecting a low scoring cagey affair for these Div1 veterans, either 0-0 or 1-1.

NorVan v CCB Guilford
MOTW as CCBs win and Tigers loss last week completely compressed the table and made NorVan's draw against Rino's SC less detrimental. A win for NorVan in fact would vault them ahead of CCB and put them back into the heart of the promotion race. On the flip side a CCB win, coupled with a likely Tigers win and Bingers having a game at hand all of a sudden puts some early season distance between NorVan and promotion. Nobody is winning the league this weekend, but with games against Bingers and Tigers on the horizon this is a pivotal weekend for the North Shore crew. That being said NorVan have been uninspiring so far and this leads me to question their ambition; as for CCB I know they have their sights firmly set on promotion. This one is really going to set up the rest of the season nicely and I'm going to roll the dice and take the Surrey boys, far from home, for back to back crucial road victories.

Metropolitan v GN
At the other end of the table two winless teams battle on Sunday. The Div 1 gloss is no doubt wearing off for GN and you wonder what sort of team they will travel with to UBC on a Sunday night? Is it a chance to pick up three points against another struggling team? Or, with Akal folding and thus likely only one team getting relegated, are GN just going to focus on home games to try and get enough points to stay ahead of Romania? Students will be ready in full force no doubt, but is it enough? They are desperate for a win, but through 3 weeks they have shown that they seem to lack the one or two classy players who get you wins at this level. A draw really does neither team any good. This one is a toss up, I'll take the home team.
Dude can you stop with your predictions?Nobody cares and you're so way off you ignorant fukc!

Bamk87

Apr 22, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
This match fixing conspiracy is such garbage. I want to beat every single one of the other teams in our club more then any other team in this league. And I'm sure that's the same for all my teammates. Why would you want to fix an amatuer soccer league....

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude can you stop with your predictions?Nobody cares and you're so way off you ignorant fukc!

Seems harsh, but hey it's a forum mate and you can post as you like. Same as me and everyone else who post predictions weekly or whenever. I happen to think they are of more value and interest than say rambling, manifesto-like, YouTube laden, biased match reports, but certainly, just like those match reports, nobody is forcing you to read mine or anyone else's predictions.

I am pretty upfront about it being just my opinion. Certainly like any pundit, predictions are far from an exact science. If I was truly that clairvoyant I'd use my powers for something much more profitable... Though I did hit home runs on Bingers and Rinos (x3) this week.

We've gone through some rather dead years in here and I'm just trying to keep the conversation going. As for nobody caring, they seem to garner a like or two each week, so I guess at least a couple people get a chuckle out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0