Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe a GN and Akal merger. Supposedly its been in the works for over 5 years, might be coming to fruition now. That way they have 2 teams in Div.1 to challenge Rino's with 3. Imagine Soccer Coach losing his mind to that.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe a GN and Akal merger. Supposedly its been in the works for over 5 years, might be coming to fruition now. That way they have 2 teams in Div.1 to challenge Rino's with 3. Imagine Soccer Coach losing his mind to that.
I would not see a workable merger between the two. In any case, it is now official in the VMSL website. Akal has been expelled.

Very good decision by the VMSL.
You know guys. I really do not understand why you like to merge and form alliances. If you are afraid of competition, then go join Urban Rec. Now without Akal; Rinos block becomes more influential. Nothing to be done now, but I really hope that they realize that managing three teams in one division is anticompetitive.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
To add. Akal has been doing this for two to three seasons now. If you take a look back they forfeited probably 10 games up to this point in the last few years. Brutal. They should be ashamed.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about we look for possible solutions that are fair for all. If Akal is allowed to stay then it is probably because they have valid reasons for missing the first three games so all those games could be postponed and played throughout the long season we have ahead of us. I think it is better that this rare incident in VMSL div one (at least to my memory) happend in the beginning of the season rather than later towards the end of it. It is also a test towards the validity of our league and should be dealt with more caution and care. I am sure/hoping since Rubin is back now, we will see the right outcome.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
/
No 3 points Akal games all will be a bye

Yes, VMSL website already updated. I wonder if that will bring any changes to the number of teams coming up from div 2 to 1. I personally think we should see three teams coming up from div 2, but I don't think they will allow that.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
/

Yes, VMSL website already updated. I wonder if that will bring any changes to the number of teams coming up from div 2 to 1. I personally think we should see three teams coming up from div 2, but I don't think they will allow that.
MasterTata, it seems that they might just relegate one team. I understand your point. There are many division 2 teams that are very good. Perhaps better than Romania.

However, the next are GN or Metropolitan (so far). They are not bad teams. They deserve to be in Division 1.

I think that at some moment they used to relegate three teams. It was really brutal.

Hanging there. At the end, you are having good quality in Division 2. It is just labels. I am sure you will make in the next couple of seasons. Your best best is to ask that they limit the number of teams from Rinos. This would allow the opening of one more space or even two for other deserving clubs. Burnaby Athletic, you guys, Strikers, Harps, Twin Arrows, and many other clubs could compete in Division 1.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
so predictions for this week coming up

Sure:

South Delta v Romania
SD got rolling with their first win of the season last weekend while Romania have one goal to their name at the moment. At home on a Friday in Tsawwassen, barring a meltdown, this one should be routine.

Rino's Tigers v Rino's Fury
The first Rino's derby of the season has relegated Tigers against promoted Fury. Should been a feisty one given Fury's work ethic and with both teams coming off losses. No doubt Tigers are the favourite, as they will be most weeks, but expect the Fury to keep this one close.

Rino's Van SC v Bingers
The two teams yet to lose in the division and I'll bet on that not to change. Expecting a low scoring cagey affair for these Div1 veterans, either 0-0 or 1-1.

NorVan v CCB Guilford
MOTW as CCBs win and Tigers loss last week completely compressed the table and made NorVan's draw against Rino's SC less detrimental. A win for NorVan in fact would vault them ahead of CCB and put them back into the heart of the promotion race. On the flip side a CCB win, coupled with a likely Tigers win and Bingers having a game at hand all of a sudden puts some early season distance between NorVan and promotion. Nobody is winning the league this weekend, but with games against Bingers and Tigers on the horizon this is a pivotal weekend for the North Shore crew. That being said NorVan have been uninspiring so far and this leads me to question their ambition; as for CCB I know they have their sights firmly set on promotion. This one is really going to set up the rest of the season nicely and I'm going to roll the dice and take the Surrey boys, far from home, for back to back crucial road victories.

Metropolitan v GN
At the other end of the table two winless teams battle on Sunday. The Div 1 gloss is no doubt wearing off for GN and you wonder what sort of team they will travel with to UBC on a Sunday night? Is it a chance to pick up three points against another struggling team? Or, with Akal folding and thus likely only one team getting relegated, are GN just going to focus on home games to try and get enough points to stay ahead of Romania? Students will be ready in full force no doubt, but is it enough? They are desperate for a win, but through 3 weeks they have shown that they seem to lack the one or two classy players who get you wins at this level. A draw really does neither team any good. This one is a toss up, I'll take the home team.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh... I see. I should have commented in Premier you make very good assessments and deliver accurate predictions.
Then go to the Division 1 thread, and then do the same. Then add. However, there is only one team which you have been consistently under-estimating.
Should we create separate a thread so we can make comments that involves multiple divisions?

Addressing this in the proper forum...

While I am 0 for 3 on Campo predictions "consistently underestimating" seems inaccurate. I am 0 for 3 because I picked Campo to win vs Fury, to whom you lost and last week I picked Tigers but certainly did not "underestimate" Campo's ability to win the game. Plus I picked Campo to finish 5th in the table and have an outside shot in the promotion race. Perhaps we have different definitions of "underestimate."

Then again before you get too wound up, remember these predictions are totally baseless and I just pull them out of my ass...

"I have no idea what has happened...what's happened?"

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Addressing this in the proper forum...

While I am 0 for 3 on Campo predictions "consistently underestimating" seems inaccurate. I am 0 for 3 because I picked Campo to win vs Fury, to whom you lost and last week I picked Tigers but certainly did not "underestimate" Campo's ability to win the game. Plus I picked Campo to finish 5th in the table and have an outside shot in the promotion race. Perhaps we have different definitions of "underestimate."

Then again before you get too wound up, remember these predictions are totally baseless and I just pull them out of my ass...

"I have no idea what has happened...what's happened?"

Please receive my apologies. Your assistance is needed:
I wrote:
"He has been doing very thoughtful and accurate predictions for Division 1 and Premier for some time now.
He just has been missing when it comes to Campo (three in a row this time) and quite a few last season."

Would this be better:
"He has been doing very thoughtful and accurate predictions for Division 1 and Premier for some time now.
He has NOT even missed when it comes to Campo (three close prediction in a row this time) and MOST last season including Provincial Cup Final."

I was really trying to complement you and acknowlege your predictions, but if this is better for you then now I now.

Ion

Nov 22, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wrote:
He just has been missing when it comes to Campo (three in a row this time) and quite a few last season."

Would this be better:
He has NOT even missed when it comes to Campo (three close prediction in a row this time) and MOST last season including Provincial Cup Final."

I was really trying to complement you and acknowlege your predictions, but if this is better for you then now I now.
You guys get a room
I wrote:

Would this be better:

You

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely mental game at Trillium this afternoon in the Rino's derby. Finished 6-5 Tigers over Fury.

Tigers went up two really quick goals, then Fury hit four unanswered, before Tigers pulled one back with a penalty just before half time. Tigers then hit three unanswered themselves, before Fury scored a cracking free kick with last kick of game.

Big Ruben was ref and dished out more cards than there were goals. Fury subbed guys out at half time cos they were on a yellow I think and lost all spark in the second. Wasn't even a dirty game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts