Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
College season is wrapping up soon; only Cap (PACWEST Prov Champs), UBC, UFV and Trinity left, unless Kwantlen made nationals by virtue of finishing second to Cap. Possible that 2 of UBC, UFV, Trinity could be done this weekend (definitely at least 1).

Thoughts on any Div 1 teams that will benefit? Got to think ND has some reinforcements coming. Just in time for them to run the gauntlet as they play 3 of the top 4 in the next three weeks.

Shaheen usually gets a few players back (after the college season is over) so they could turn a completely new page if it happens and move out of relegation zone.

Not that teams with 11 points are safe but the bottom 5 of the standings looks like this:
upload_2015-11-3_8-48-48.png

This coming week:
upload_2015-11-3_8-49-42.png

If Metropolitan and Akal win their games it is going to be very, very hard for Shaheen and Sarajevo to catch up with other teams.
A must win for students against Shaheen (hard to expect that students could get any points out of Columbus and Guildford, two teams that they play against after Shaheen).
Sarajevo "follows" students with their schedule so if Sarajevo does not do anything against Akal and Shaheen next two weeks the season is probably over for them (hard to expect Sarajevo to get any points from Columbus and Guildford).

Oct 16, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
scenes today at delsom park...game was cancelled due to a linesmen not showing up. whats going on with vmsl officials not showing? it has happened quite frequently in div 2. big game today and sadly it did not happen

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
scenes today at delsom park...game was cancelled due to a linesmen not showing up. whats going on with vmsl officials not showing? it has happened quite frequently in div 2. big game today and sadly it did not happen

Brutal! That was Div. 1 MOTW for sure.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
No linesmen? Pfffff thats real soft play the game. We have played with just one lino last year and before that played 10 years in div 1 with no linesmen and no massive issues.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Lino was on time. Did checks. Was ready to roll. Camera crew was in town and all set up.
There was a massive multi car pile up on the Alex Fraser bridge and second Lino didn't get to game until 6:35. (6:00pm kick off) no head referee ever showed.

First lino wanted to ref the game after we waited 15min for the rest of his team. North delta wanted to play the match. But Lino/ref said both teams should have to agree.

It is a pretty big match to play with a lower division ref on his own in the middle. Just sucked as everyone is there, field paid for, life re arranged, and game doesn't get played. First time it's ever happened to me. I don't blame them for not wanting to play though on the other hand. As a shitty offside goal or some spotty stuff happens and it could mean promotion or not.

Heard from multiple people that it took them 1 to 1.5 hours to get to delta or the field last night. So hard to put it on the league on this one. Perhaps the head ref didn't show after being stuck till 6:35 and said f this shite it's too late already.

image.jpg

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2-0 NDSC

First half we had the Lion's share of possession and had a couple good opportunities early that we didn't convert. Columbus scored on a great little build up, honestly they had 3 great little exchanges in the first that all lead to very good chances. They just had a little extra class up top to create, where we had a lot of possession in the midfield and quite a few crosses but not enough quality chances.

Second half we took a second yellow 5min into the half, keeper made a save slightly bobbled and our player came in reaching to nick a touch. Columbus made a show of the situation, which led to a second yellow. I know as an offense player you have to go in for that ball but I honestly don't know if our player made a bunch of contact or not to justify a yellow. Every forward in the world is going for that ball either way. It lead to us playing a man down and honestly we still probably had more possession but we were always going to be hard pressed to break them down. Deblasio scored in the last 10 on a great solo effort and I don't think he put a foot wrong all game.

Our team still has a ton to learn about the game within the game and I don't know if it was anymore apparent then today. We played well and definitely happy with the effort but lots of learning and growing as a team to do.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched 75 min Guildford - Metro 1:1 when I left. Guildford tied tkanks to linesman (the ball did not go over the line), unbelievable that the head ref accepted linesman's call because he could clearly see that the ball could not go over the line.

Daft_Hunka

Dec 17, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro, S Delta and Akal on the up after a few weeks. Early risers in Romania and N Delta are soul searching atm with Rinos...Lucky for them Sarajevo n Shaheen locked horns and only grabbed a point each.

Guildford from what I have heard on and off this forum was due for some bounces to go against them, not to take anything away from the UBC boys...huge 3 pts for them. 29/33 possible pts for Columbus after next week pretty much seals promotion...7 GA says it all. Would love to see Bingers enter the premier having become a staple of this division for many years too.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would love to see Bingers enter the premier having become a staple of this division for many years too.

It would be quite the achievement for the perennial Div. 1 gladiators, what's the mood in the Army's camp Big GK?

Not to go all "Mr. Base" on this one, but is there much interest in promotion from the Army? Great group of guys, some who have been there before, but probably most are closer to Masters Prem, no? Given the absolute shellacking that Rinos are taking week in and week out up top how keen are the Bingers to head to West Van, Pegasus, CMF, etc. as heavy underdogs and then scrap it out with the other pretenders to try and stay up? Five or six years ago, for sure I would think, but maybe now it's more fun to be a good sized fish in an ok pond, playing a decent level of footy and then having some beers with the boys post game?

Or would you try and get up, add some youth and make an attempt to create something enduring? Expand the club even?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts