Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers army 5 -0 shaheen. Felt bad for their keeper he was left out to dry on a few tap ins and breakaways.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers army 5 -0 shaheen. Felt bad for their keeper he was left out to dry on a few tap ins and breakaways.

In particular he was hung out by the league when they tacked on a 6th for good measure evidently...

Had a chance to get over to Musquem and see Metro v Westside. Not the greatest game thanks in large part to the referee who blew his whistle every time any two opposing players came within orbit of each other. I will admit though that he was certainly consistent with the soft calls from start to finish, but it absolutely wrecked the flow of the game.

Students took an early lead after one of those soft fouls resulted in a free kick that Westside failed to clear; it was a nice finish by the Metro player far post, side netting. Metropolitan had another chance when their captain, left back and best player created a break down the flank, getting behind the defense and cutting back a dangerous ball to the top of the area which ultimately came to nothing. To be honest, that was pretty much it for the students in terms of attacking threat. They seemed to struggle creatively going forward and certainly conceding the majority of possession to Westside.

The home team was busy feeling aggrieved that the referee was soft all over the park, except in the box. They had shouts for a sending off just outside the 18 and a penalty shortly after, neither of which were given, both looked to have a case. They did get a soft free kick of their own in the waning minutes before half time that was crossed in and headed for the equalizer. At the start of the second half Westside looked the only team that might have a goal in them. It ended up being an absolute worldy from their mountain of a striker. He got into one from 35 yards and it was an absolute cannon into the the top corner, the keeper didn't have a prayer. To quote a certain off-colour Australian YouTube commentator, "that keeper had better chance of getting a hand on the f*cking sun!" Anyway in the end they really shouldn't have needed it to come down to that strike to win the game. Westside had 3 or 4 great chances to make the points safe including a bang-bang play where the mountain man just missed the front post and another goal area scramble that saw a Metro defender fearlessly block a shot destined for an empty net.

Overall I'd say Westside were full value for the 3 points. Students also ended up a bit worse for wear, I think they had at least 2 or 3 guys leave the game with knocks.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had a chance to get over to Musquem and see Metro v Westside. Not the greatest game thanks in large part to the referee who blew his whistle every time any two opposing players came within orbit of each other. I will admit though that he was certainly consistent with the soft calls from start to finish, but it absolutely wrecked the flow of the game.

Students also ended up a bit worse for wear, I think they had at least 2 or 3 guys leave the game with knocks.

How did at least 2 or 3 students manage to leave the game with the knocks if the referee blew his whistle every time any two opposing players came within orbit of each other and was consistent with the soft calls from start to finish? Strange.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did at least 2 or 3 students manage to leave the game with the knocks if the referee blew his whistle every time any two opposing players came within orbit of each other and was consistent with the soft calls from start to finish? Strange.

I mean there were still "real" challenges/tackles/fouls in addition to the soft calls....

Daft_Hunka

Dec 17, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers stays top of the table tonight...Kids are tired from porking and midterms

Columbus shows its class...comes away with 3 well earned pts

Shaheen gets their first points since week 1

ND scrapes a game they should probably win easily...shrimp in the cogs

Metropolitan takes a well deserved 3 pts...their base gpa is a little higher than Guildfords lol

Finally, Westside cruises to a spankshow...

*No analysis intended, only humour

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers stays top of the table tonight...Kids are tired from porking and midterms

Columbus shows its class...comes away with 3 well earned pts

Shaheen gets their first points since week 1

ND scrapes a game they should probably win easily...shrimp in the cogs

Metropolitan takes a well deserved 3 pts...their base gpa is a little higher than Guildfords lol

Finally, Westside cruises to a spankshow...

*No analysis intended, only humour

Daft_Hunka

Dec 17, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 in favour of Guildford...survived Columbus scare...barely edged Romania and now I assume Bingers locked horns in a tight one...fascinating!

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost 3-2 as you can see
How did Muckers Army fair tonight then? @big gk?
. We lost 3-2 as you can see. We were up 1_ 0 had a bad 15 mins in second half get one back and then there goalie save all points in the dying minute with a great save. Not the classiest organization in th league but if you win I suppose you can behave how you want.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 2 Iran 1

Heyy the Rinos guys are on a roll, their emissaries have returned to TTP!!

In other news, looks like Guildford is well on their way to being the Ayjal Tigers/New York Yankees of Div. 1. They're good and they win, but they're a bit on the classless side and the whole league is quietly rooting against them.

Can't wait to see how their story unfolds in the months to come. Westside with a chance to make it essentially a 4 horse race at the top in they can beat Sarajevo tomorrow and come away with all 3 pts against Romania next week.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 3 - Guildford 3

Wow, even given Rino's recent form that's gotta be the upset of the season to date.

Game report???

Also a big result for South Delta at the bottom of the table on Friday in their quest to stay in the league. Shaheen and Sarajevo with plenty of work to do.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, even given Rino's recent form that's gotta be the upset of the season to date.

Game report???

Also a big result for South Delta at the bottom of the table on Friday in their quest to stay in the league. Shaheen and Sarajevo with plenty of work to do.

Bigger surprise to me this weekend was Akal smoking Metro 3-0, considering how tight Metro's D has been all year. Their poor form is keeping the door wide open for Sarajevo and Shaheen.

As for a game report on Rinos vs Guildford, I wasn't there, but here's the Guildford side of things:

I do know that we were leading 3-1 and picked up a red (2nd caution) around the 60 min mark, and that really let Guildford back into it similar to their comeback vs Columbus.

hornswoggle

Nov 2, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Olympics 4-2 Shaheen

A rainy affair in North Van on Sunday evening. ND started off really well and dominated the first half to gain the 2 nil half time advantage with Shaheen not seeing much of the ball. 2nd half Shaheen came out to play by pressing hard and causing turnovers all over the park while ND struggled. Shaheen were rewarded with a PK goal and then would eventually tie the game. ND had some quality footballers all over the pitch compared to most sides Shaheen has played this year as they eventually dominated again to score with 2 very nice finishes to secure the victory.

Shaheen looked like they were happy to go home with a point.
Nd vs Guildford this coming weekend. 2 good young sides here. Could be 1 to check out:brb:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
College season is wrapping up soon; only Cap (PACWEST Prov Champs), UBC, UFV and Trinity left, unless Kwantlen made nationals by virtue of finishing second to Cap. Possible that 2 of UBC, UFV, Trinity could be done this weekend (definitely at least 1).

Thoughts on any Div 1 teams that will benefit? Got to think ND has some reinforcements coming. Just in time for them to run the gauntlet as they play 3 of the top 4 in the next three weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0