Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Villeneuve deal almost done...

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that this is just a matter of time till it gets done. I am quite sure that there will be a major Canadian Corporation that will get behind him and supply the nesesary money for sponsorship.

A no brainer really...
Villeneuve one step closer to NASCAR deal

TSN.ca Staff
11/30/2006 3:52:56 PM
Jacques Villeneuve appears to be one step closer to joining the stock car ranks in 2007.
According to RDS, the former Formula One champion has reached an agreement with Roush Racing to help facilitate his move into NASCAR next spring. Team president Geoff Smith tells XM Satellite radio that Villeneuve would begin his career in the Craftsman Truck Series before graduating to the Busch Grand National Series.
Smith adds that there's a 50-percent chance Villeneuve could be in Montreal next August for the inaugural Busch Series race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
Villeneuve reportedly needs to find between $16-million and $18-million in sponsorship before the deal can be finalized.
Earlier this month Smith was quoted as saying they would be willing to work with Villeneuve and his group but that the ball was squarely in their court in terms of getting the necessary financing in place.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok...just a little bit of an update for those gear heads that are still out there...
Villeneuve will be racing next year in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series...and may even become an owner before this week is out...time will tell...

Dario Franchitti will be joining Ganassi Racing next year as well. Bringing with him his IRL title!! If that is not the nail in the coffin of that series...

Patrick Carpantier...freshly signed with Gillet Everingham Motorsports!! Who did not see that coming...the owner of the Montreal Canadians...bringing in a french Canadian driver...I guess because Gillet also owns Liverpool...an Englishman should not be far off the horizon for another seat!!!

Sam Hornish might also be making the switch from IRL to Nascar...but seeing as he has not been able to qualify for the last 4 races he has attempted...maybe he should just stay where he is...

Just talking to myself over here...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I pay a good deal of attention to NASCAR at a distance though...

My Dad and Grandad and I are most likely going to the Vegas race in February I think...Probably be more about the party than the race...

just some good ol boys... ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts