Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vernon Co-ed Tourny

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who from the AMSL is going this year.
I know that the Tryhards and Mount-and-Shag Me is going as well.
Dragons too?

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're in should be fun!

Hey fellow AMSL'ers!

Yeah the Carts are going up for the tourney. Should be great drinking/soccer fun. Notice what came first. Anyways, yeah looking forward to it. Where are all the other teams staying? We've rented a sweet chalet to stay in.

See you in the beer gardens!
If all babies are cute, why are there so many ugly people in the world.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're in!!

Hey Yoda,YG is in Vernon too!!We haven't booked our rooms yet though!!Just wondering if you were on Buddha a couple of years ago wheYG & Buddha combined to win the tournament up there??If you were??(Do you remember the crazy dice in the beer garden after the final??)Those are great memories!! Hopefully we will have some new ones this year up there!! P.S.what hotel are you guy's at??

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dates

TheRob,
Tournament is on the 10th and 11th of August. I would recommend taking Monday the 12th off as well.

Conductor,
No I wasn't their for that one. Last year was my first year (teams second I think). Great fun for most people.
:rolleyes:
Word of advice, unless your other half (whether guy or gal) is playing in the tournament, DON"T BRING THEM!!! Unless of coure you get along very well when drunk.

Wasn't overly impressed with the beer garden last year. After losing in the semi finals, we sat in the beer garden and watched the finals. Promptly following the final whistle the beer garden started packing up. They literally took the tent down around us.
We were not impressed. We ended up standing by ourselves with no tent or chairs and finished our drinks.
IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUT FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!

Oh well money lost for them.

All I can remember about our hotel is that it is right next to the Best Western or some other big hotel chain, on the main drag.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BOZO

the dates are in the first line of my last post.
Or are you looking for a date to take to Vernon.
:D
Mrs. Yoda is with me so just put that our of your head.
:mad:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YG @ Vernon? there goes the tourny

Originally posted by Conductor
Those are great memories!!

Conductor,

Skytrain was lucky enough to be at the Vernon tourny for the game of crazy dice. What a game! Just glad we rapped it up before the cop came to lay charges on someone. That had to be the best trip for the whole group that went. We won the tourny, bought out the gaden and stayed until we realized we should head home (at 6am Monday). :cool: We did have two YG players with us that year, one that managed to pass out everywhere and the other showed us how to puke on the walls-table-stove-microwave-cabinets-floor-chairs all at once. Credit to him though - he did play a good couple games the next day. You ask what hotel? Its the same one.

See ya there!

skytrainhappyhewasabletotalkhimselfoutofaticketfromthecop

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost Right!!

Hey Skytrain,just to refresh your memory there was three YG players two guy's and a gal!!I also remember the YG being the connection for three more players the goalie who was outstanding,his girlfriend who only lasted a game and a half and the player known as suitcase Klint.As for Buddha you supplied 7 of your own players.To be honest with anyone else planning on going up there do not try to repeat this crazy stunt of only having 13 players for the whole tournament.I must agree with Skytrain on this one though(ha,ha)!!
We did have two YG players with us that year, one that managed to pass out everywhere and the other showed us how to puke on the walls-table-stove-microwave-cabinets-floor-chairs all at once. Credit to him though - he did play a good couple games the next day

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Virgin

My first time going to Vernon as I missed the last two years. Here's hoping Skytrain and Yoda show me all the sites (beer garden).:cool:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Virgin

Originally posted by Draven
My first time going to Vernon as I missed the last two years. Here's hoping Skytrain and Yoda show me all the sites (beer garden).:cool:

You had better ask your Dad if it is ok;)

skytrainwonderswhyDravenistheonly31yroldvirginonTTP:eek:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ARGH! I wish I could go......

The May long weekend Tourney is my favorite but I think next year I will BE SURE to make it up for this one!

Actually I think the Beernuts are planning to do more fundraising next year so we can all go up! :eek:

but then again I think we'd party too hard to play any soccer.... ;)

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loitering outside the swiss chalet

You think if we sit out there long enough the patrons of the Vernon swiss chalet will feel bad for us and feed us? Probably not but who knows what the Vernon folk are like. Glad to see all the teams go up for what sounds like a great tourney. Carts plan to have a good time as they to are Vernon tourney virgins. Hope there's a few of those in the beer gardens? Beer goggles on!

Have fun everyone!

"If all babies are cute, why are there so many ugly people in the world?"--Charles Barkley

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Help please

Just a query to all players Vernon bound. Does anybody know the name of the field or fields where the tourney is held? If so, please post.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure

I don't know the name of the field that is out in the corn fields but I know the main fields are at the high school.

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vernon Schedule for Vancouver Teams

This Just In.....so much for not playing teams from your own league. It looks like they've lumped the only three competative teams from Vancouver into one division and have 4 non-Vancouver teams in the other competative division. Same thing with Union Jackers and Gunners. The only Vancouver teams not playing anyone from the AMSL are Young Guns and Allover United....oh well, it'll make for some interesting banter in the beer garden.

Competative

Mountain Shadow - Saturday

11 am @ MacDonald #2 vs. Falcons (?)
2 pm @ Marshall #2 vs. Golf Carts

Buddha - Saturday

11 am @ MacDonald #1 vs. Golf Carts
2 pm @ Marshall #1 vs. Falcons (?)

Golf Carts - Saturday

11 am @ MacDonald #1 vs. Buddha
2 pm @ Marshall #2 vs. Mountain Shadow

Recreational

Young Guns - Saturday

9:30 am @ MacDonald #1 vs. Lumby Blazers
3:30 pm @ MacDonald #2 vs. Kamloops

Union Jackers - Saturday

9:30 am @ Marshall #2 vs. Gunners
12:30 pm @ MacDonald #1 vs. Beauty & Beasts

Gunners - Saturday

9:30 am @ Marshall #2 vs. Union Jackers
3:30 pm @ Marshall #1 vs. Beauty & Beasts

Allover United

12:30 pm @ MacDonald #2 vs. Nicolai and Co.
3:30 pm @ Marshall #2 vs. Booster Juice Strikers

See you in Vernon!

JR

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vernon games/times...

Thanks for the early posting on the games JR. Looks like they want a vancouver team and a local team in the final. On one hand its great we get to play against each other but it would have been nice to see some other teams. You're right about beer garden banter too. Looking forward to that especially.

Everyone have a safe drunk weekend and we'll see you there.

Weather looks good for the weekend!:) :) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts