Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Giants

How much will the new WHL team in Vancouver affect the Canucks attendance?

• A lot.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A little.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just read in the paper that the Team 1040 will be broadcasting all the Giants games. I'm really looking forward to this team. They may suck for the first few years, but if you've ever been to a junior game you know what I mean.

TR.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree. Watching a junior game up in Prince George last Christmas, I was extremely impressed with the hitting, speed, and intensity of the game.

Despite being a student, if prices are similar to or less than Whitecaps games, I might take in couple. Besides, I always loved that old building.

Once less finanically stable individuals (i.e. those who don't live in Campbell's riding) see the product, I think they'll switch over. However, interest in the Canucks will remain. Bums in the seats, though, may not.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

One of the options I was going to put in the poll was," It depends on how the Canucks are doing." I think that if they tank it this year, then you will see more people going to see the Giants, but if they do well, then thier attendence will probably go up.

I saw some Blazers games in Kamloops a couple years ago. That is quality hockey, and your right about the Colusium(sp?), what a great place to watch games.

TR.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Opener

Speaking of the Blazers, the Giants will open there first WHL season September 21st against the Kamloops Blazers. Should be a great game.:) TTP event perhaps?

TR.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Idea

That's a good shout actually... have to look into it.

So much to do...

~TB.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to seeing a hockey game in the coliseum. It will bring back some good memories.

As for it being a TTP event? Sounds good...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the overwhelming consensus is...... the Giants will affect the Canucks attendence a little. I guess we'll see. The Giants started training camp today. We have looked into group rates for their first game against the Kamloops Blazers, and if anyone is interested in going there will be some info posted here soon. Finally, the WHL has come back to Vancouver!:cool:

TR.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is anyone going?

Will any TTPers be attending the first ever Giants game Friday night? I predict a Vancouver win.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make it the next home game! Surrey plays Metro Ford that night. Unless that's what you were going for??:mad: I'll bring the left footed one and his pint sized friend Guinnes(sp?)

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Night!!

It should be a great game tonight. The lads at RUFC have got a group going - 20 I think! Looking forward to seeing some hockey where the players are determined to play well every night!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group rates

TR looked into this for TTP awhile ago and the Giants informed him that group rates are available for 15 or more people.

However, the group rates only knocked off $1 per ticket with no other added incentives. I told TR at the time to tell the Giants to stuff it if that was the best they could do :D

What's the concensus of TTPers here? Should we probe further or just leave it on the backburner till a later date (an 'official' TTP Giants nite out that is)?

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?!?!?

Fcuking idiots!!!!

If you were gonna organise something like this why didn't you say so RUFC?

I think Willy is going fcuking senile now that he is 31 today.

Willy.

~TB.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Senile my ass ...

I am SOOOOO glad you chirped in here Regs. I've been dying to get something off my chest and I believe this is the time.

I mean let's face it, I .... ahhh ..... well the point is ... I .... ahhh ... ummm ....errr ... cant remember what my point was. But prunes are good, they are really good.

Now if you'll excuse me, its nap time.

Senior

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, and BTW ...

For the record, I falsified my date of birth in my profile to exaggerate my age. This of course was all in an effort to be taken seriously, by giving my persona "Willy" a sense of wisdom and knowledge that can only come from 3 decades of experience.

Truth be told, I'm only 12. Want proof? Ask city and wallace, we're all classmates at the North Shore's prestigious Dumbfcuk Elementary.

As you've seen, my fellow Dumbfcuks have made absolutely no effort whatsoever to be taken seriously. ;)

Senior

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a sellout!

This just in. Unless the RUFC lads already have tickets, they'll be buying scalped ones. I just got off the phone with ticket master, and the game is totally sold out. :cool:

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Already have tickets!!

I'm glad we got them early!! I still think that a ttp night at the Giants would be great event!

Regs, maybe something could co-ordinated with the Giants as a fund raiser for the NY disaster.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$1 off is crap.

I know they're a new team and probably need the money, but jeez, let's garner some interest and create a fan base first.

I'm definately intereseted in a TTP event, but not for only a buck off. Message to Giants: make it worth my while, or I'm spending my money at the Hollywood instead.

I predict a Kamloops win, tonight.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
excuse me for a second but...

Guys,

Maybe I am missing something here.........but aren't the fcukin tickets less that $15.00 !!!! How much more do we want? I am sure that the Giants want to establish a fan base and all but I don't think they should be expected to give discounted ticket prices like the Canucks might do for large groups ect.......

justmyopinion,

Cheers,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0