Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

US - Disgraceful SOBs

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
www.kansascity.com | 08/20/2008 | Two DQs in men's 200-meter final give silver, bronze to U.S.

Anyone else catch this?

Churandy Martina of the Netherlands Antilles was the silver medalist before the US decided they should protest his result. This moved the original 4th place American into silver, and another Yank into Bronze.

By having the original US runner Spearmon DQ'd, the US now actually ends up w/ a better medal placing, and a second medal in the event.

This would have been Netherlands Antilles first and likely only medal of the Olympics. This is their Champion.

This is just such poor form taken by US officials. What a bunch of greedy, poor sporting cnuts. Yes, your guy was nabbed. It really is too bad, but why the need to now shite on someone else's parade?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't he step into the other guys lane twice? They had already DQ'd the original silver medal USA runner for stepping twice on the line as well so what's the issue?

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree with girth... stepping on an inside line even once is an automatic dq. at this level, that is a stupid mistake - one that should never happen and they should get dq'd. cutting the angle like that can shave hundredths to tenths of a second from a time and that is how close the races can be (usime bolt not included)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was more like "onto", and besides...I think you are missing the whole point. It reaks of US bitterness. They were the ones that protested Churandy Martina's result, and they only did it because of the original DQ.

Yes, rules are rules, but the US loses the plot a bit here.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah yes, the Original at DQ. Tasty....

Wished I'd seen the race and the DQ controversy. Missed it last night. Sour grapes? Possibly, although Shawn Crawford seems to have kept level-headed about it, despite benefiting from the misfortune of others. His coaches? Hard to tell.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We all know the US Americans are all bitter bastards, while we on the other hand are mostly better bastards.

If you can't beat them, hurt them, if you can't hurt them, quit.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The US remind me of that big bad playground bully who used to kick sand in the face of that small buck-toothed kid (me).

There's never anything gracious about a US victory. I guess we should all be used to it by now.

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love how the americans are complaining that they may have been beaten by two 13 year old girls in gymnastics. No american athletes has ever cheated.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's never anything gracious about a US victory. I guess we should all be used to it by now.

Or losing gracefully, apparently.

To his credit, Crawford seems pretty sheepish about the whole thing.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was more like "onto", and besides...I think you are missing the whole point. It reaks of US bitterness. They were the ones that protested Churandy Martina's result, and they only did it because of the original DQ.

Yes, rules are rules, but the US loses the plot a bit here.

I felt the same way when I was watching it unfold. How does it feel to have the bronze medal because your coaches protested and you really were the fifth fastest(line touching or no line touching). It reminds me of when all of a sudden the Americans decided the worlds fastest man is no longer the 100 meter champion(bailey) but the 200 meter and 400 meter champ michael Johnson. All for not When Bailey beat him in the 150 meter and called him a chicken shite.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0