Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Underachievers HQ: Maple Leafs vs. England

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me start by saying I'm positive I'll be taking some stick for this, but it was a idea that popped in my mind over the weekend that I thought would be worth a flutter on TTP.

Since the 60's, the Toronto Maple Leafs and the English Football squad have had a paralleled history. Both last won their big prize in the late 60's; both have largely been seen as underachievers given the available money for development and training; and both have long been considered by outsiders as having the most annoying fans around.

In recent days, both clubs are suffering the indignity of achieving far, far below their expected potential. In a educational sense, some would say they need to be put on a modified program.

Really, they're quite similar.

So my question is how long will it realistically take for one of them to actually win something? Or rather, how long do you think they can go on failing their poor supporters? Surely, odds would suggest that they have to win at some point. No?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Toronto has a chance every year whereas England it's every 2 provided they qualify, which gives the edge to Toronto. That being said, the Leafs don't really have any talent whereas the English do have some quality footballers, just need to work better as a team. I vote England :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No opinion, other than to give Keeper a huge thumbs up of support for this thread.

Put 'em all on a remote island and let 'em all annoy each other to death.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0