Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Unbeatable" Scores

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a few days of the Arcade has brought out the games in hardcore fashion. And so far, we've seen some decent outtings: some beatable, some not.

So which are? So far, I'd venture to suggest Reg's Penguin Bashing of 677, Sliver's Chopper Piloting of an astounding 5366. But, more than any, I can't' see anyone shooting down Bravedart's Royal Flush: 5340.

To Regs then, I say "yes". These highscores need resetting at some point. After a while it may just get ridiculous in the amount of time we spend trying to catch these people in vain. (But recording them somewhere for posterity wouldn't be a bad idea.)

And one final thought: what about a Arcade decathalon down the road some day? Premium members only: for prizes.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps reset scores for all games on a bi-weekly schedule?

I think I mentioned elsewhere that there will be a tournament option in the future... I haven't seen anyone issue one-on-one challenges yet though... perhaps we need a new thread for these?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I think the best challenges are done through the Top 10 High Scores. Granted there may be some instances where no one but 2 people can get that high (read: BJB & OneDart in Snake), and perhaps this may be a good place to issue them, but in general I like just going for the top spot.

But that's just me.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pingu Slap is the only game my ADD will allow me to play on a regular basis. Problem is, people at work are beginning to think I have Tourettes Syndrome with all the spontaneous outbursts of, "Fcuuuuuuuuuuuck fcuking fcuk fcuk fcuking cnut", "That's fcuking bullshit, I nailed that Penguin" and "Fcuk you Regs you fcuking twat with your gay 677 score!".

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm totally against resetting the high scores! They must be left for others to bask in their awesomeness for as long as they hold them...

I did notice Manager got a penguin bashing logo under his name, but the top score still belongs to bru00019 (or whatever it is). I and three others had that score too, but don't have one. What gives?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a bug in the system. I think if you tie the high score, you get the icon but the original person with the high score keeps top spot on the high scores table.

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Virtual hug

That's what I'm saying... three others beside manager have that score, but no icons, just him. Not a big deal, but I want a dead peguin on my posts too. Damn it I earned it!

Don'ttouchmyavatareither...wanker

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, most of your posts are like a dead penguin. They never fly and usually stink.

Poor effort, I know.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I'm totally against resetting the high scores! They must be left for others to bask in their awesomeness for as long as they hold them...

I did notice Manager got a penguin bashing logo under his name, but the top score still belongs to bru00019 (or whatever it is). I and three others had that score too, but don't have one. What gives?

hmmm...must be the better bastard perks to playing :D

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wait a second...where did my penguin icon trophy thingiemagingie go???

hey regs....I earned it man....i want it....give it back....

KNVB

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best piss take so far is Bronco missing out on the Penguin Bashing crown by 1 point many times :D~Regs.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that just the unbeatable scores (those attained by fluke) should be reset like the penguine bashing 3253 or whatever it is as well as my lucky Royal flush (I was so faaaaarrrrrr in the hole before I hit that).

The pure skill scores should stay, like pacman (damn you keeper, you're almost as good at avoiding those ghosts as you are the ball - or so I've heard :) ) or tetris. The patient/talent scores deserve to stay the ones that you can get lucky if you just try enough times should go.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0