Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Umbro Clearance Sale Piss Take Thread

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to D. "Tiger" Lum for getting HOS in the back door at the sale, the tax payers for the City of Burnaby thank you for not making him wait in line for 3 hours.

Some great deals to be had, but why are all the boots U.K. Size 8, who the hell can wear a U.K. size 8 boot, what is a U.K. size 8 boot.

Lots of TTP sittings out there, Guinny was buying all kinds of Ireland gear in his attempt to be signed by Club I.
Recco's was out there buying books, he had ten copies of "Coaching for Dummies", a few of those were even on tape. I hope they work for you.
Jinky was in line, he will probably be getting into the sale right about now, all the Celtic gear is gone, I think Guinny bought it all.

Hey Notty, you must be hiding all the Gold Boots, there were'nt even U.K. size 8 Gold Members to be found.

Here is what $128.83 can get you out at the sale.

3 pairs of goalie gloves- $10 each - I hope these one's work!
1 Umbro track suit - $40 - Take off your Pants and Jacket.
1 keeper training pants - $10 - HOS needs the pads in his old age.
1 pair soccer socks - $2.50 - Look mom, no holes in my socks.
1 Umbro Beach Soccer Ball - $10 Life's a Beach
1 Ireland training Top - $10 - It was either Ireland or fukcing English
Plus the tax, the lady would'nt beleive that the XL gear was for a kid.

Good times out at Umbro, get out there if you are U.K. size 8.

HOS

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
why 3

HOS, I sure hope you picked something up for me. What's with 3 pairs of gloves. Do you plan on playing another 3 years in the league? From what I heard, this is your last season, until your decline to ------------------. I wont let the cat out of the bag!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UK size 8

Some great deals to be had, but why are all the boots U.K. Size 8, who the hell can wear a U.K. size 8 boot, what is a U.K. size 8 boot.
SWEET BEANS!!!:D I don't understand why there were soo many good boots for me to choose from???

I saw one pair of "Gold Members" bought by a certain American Surrey United midfielder that goes by the name of "Buttercup"!!!:eek: Typical Americans!!!:rolleyes:

Reccos put back the "soccer for dummies" handbooks when he noticed HOS's boyfriend (who was working the front door) check him out... Apparently he had the same manual in his sky rocket, that read "Security for Retards"!!! :p

Dude got out of his straight jacket long enough to jump the que and hooked up with; "frontofthelinebeentheresince8:30Reccos"...

Cheers, thanks to a wee que hoping a couple of Surrey boys are suiting up for Sap CAT this weekend!!!;)

:wa: :wa:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: why 3

Originally posted by Sarge
HOS, I sure hope you picked something up for me. What's with 3 pairs of gloves. Do you plan on playing another 3 years in the league? From what I heard, this is your last season, until your decline to ------------------. I wont let the cat out of the bag!

I go through gloves quickly, It is hard to find a pair that works, so I try lots in one year.

As for the CAT out of the BAG, I will anounce it right now.
HOS will be playing for Monty Cristo F.C. next year with Sarge and Tee.
It is time to bring back Monty for one last run. What a great team we had back then.

HOS

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monty F.C.

I thought it was supposed to be our secret. Dailly and Sipho might return to the grass roots as well.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to Reccos for letting Guinny and I jump the queue. The bitch I was originally standing behind points out to the security guard (as I'm leaving w/ three full bags, $200.00 poorer), "Hey, he was supposed to be behind me!!!". “That’s the bad karma you get for trying to throw me off the scent!!!". She tried telling me I needed the "Invite" to get in, and that they didn't take Visa. Lying cnut!:mad:

Yeah, turned out to be a mini TTP reunion. We should have planned ahead and brought some Hot Toddies for the line. Next time I'll be sure to get someone to point out Hos for me.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mini-TTP'ers reunion? So that's what the smell was . . .

Don't yet know what to make of the 3/4 sleeve gk jersey, but I had to buy one anyways . . .

4 pairs of gloves and boots for $60: Priceless.

Sometimes it pays having small feet. Some other times . . . not.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UK size 8???

UK Size 8 = US/Canada Size 9
The reason for the one size only is they were all sample boots! The majority of the good size runs were liquidated to Sportmart and Sportcheck!

As for the goldies...there were only 2 sets yesterday afternoon. One was the house set sample and the other was my sample set!

The other shinier gold boots were called the Revolution...scheduled to be in stores this Fall...the didn't make it!

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spent!

After arriving at about 7:30am and spending the better part of 2 hours in the lineup (at times in the rain) dreaming of $5.00 boots and various other discounted footwear, I ended up digging through piles of boxes containing nothing but the aforementioned “size 8’s”, getting frustrated by my empty industrial size garbage bag, and ultimately attempting to subdue my frustration by filling the bag with various pieces of clothing that I certainly don't need and most likely will never wear. But hey, the prices were good! ;)

I suddenly have a slightly better understanding for the shopping psyche of a woman.

Willy McImpulseShopper

$188.00 poorer :confused:

Regs, Notty et al - Could we not have provided some sort of "pre-sale" opportunity for TTPers or even Premium TTPers??? Or did I miss the memo? ;)

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
manager scores in

My thinking of leaving the office and rushing down to the sale early this mornig was interupted by a phone call at work from my boss. He was in the sale complaining about the size 9 boots. Without delay, the manager said abruptly..."thats my size:D " "I'll take 5 pairs please"...."oh and how about a nice rain jacket and some soccer balls if they have them?"

"Sure said one-eye (the boss man)...they have lots here."

My Ubro sale experience was the equivalent of placing orders on the home shopping network. I scored in big time and I wasn't even there.;) $120 and I'm set with 2 pairs of six studs, two multies and some court shoes for indoor.....luvin it!

managerwho'snotafraidtopullthetriggeronthephone

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They have this Cool Grip

Originally posted by Keeper
HOS, what kind of gloves did you manage to snag?

The only other place that I have seen this grip before, is on Ping Pong Rackets.
I got 2 pairs of these and one shitty pair with this foam on the glove.

HOS, now trying to Return his Umbro Gear to Soccer West oops (I mean SoccerCity), to get Full Refund value.
No one else try this, Leechy may catch on.:eek:

HOS

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

Don't worry Leitch has been returning his stuff to Soccerwest as well... He has ownership in Soccercity!!!:rolleyes:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went to late

Anyone intrested in selling a pair of size 10 or higher cleats for maybe a little profit, PM me.

Guinness don't even try to sell me your old boots for some ridicolus price, but they would almost be as good as new becuase they don't get much work:eek:

Cheers
JB

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're Right, Time to be Serious

Two of the pairs where black and had the rounded fingers or are they called Gun Fingers, nice gloves.
The other gloves are white, and have soft fleece type matterial inside, also nice gloves.
I don't know the names of either, put David Seaman autographed the box, so they must be special. Just don't use for High Balls to the Far Post.

HOS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reason I asked was that I was curious as to the selection before I got in. I managed to have a peak about around 10am yesterday and had to spend a good hour and a half trying to match rights and lefts before I found any decent pairs. Thankfully the effort paid off, as I scavenged the last pair of Primas -- easily an $80+ find.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts