Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UFC 167

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we haven't talked much about the UFC as there are basically fights every week now, and it gets tiring to follow. However GSP vs Hendricks on UFC 167 is the 20th anniversary of the UFC and its a solid card. What's your thoughts folks.

WelterweightGeorges St-Pierre (c)vs.Johny Hendricks
Light HeavyweightRashad Evansvs.Chael Sonnen
WelterweightRory MacDonaldvs.Robbie Lawler
WelterweightJosh Koscheckvs.Tyron Woodley
FlyweightTim Elliottvs.Ali Bagautinov
Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
LightweightDonald Cerronevs.Evan Dunham
MiddleweightEd Hermanvs.Thales Leites
WelterweightBrian Ebersolevs.Rick Story
BantamweightErik Perezvs.Edwin Figueroa
Preliminary card (Facebook/YouTube)
WelterweightJason Highvs.Anthony Lapsley
BantamweightVaughan Leevs.Sergio Pettis
Light HeavyweightGian Villantevs.Cody Donovan
[9]
I always pick GSP but I just have the feeling that Hendricks may get the best of him. Silva went down, maybe its GSP's turn and 2013 is the changing of the guard. I hope for a GSP win, but if Big Rig has his hand raised I wouldn't be shocked.

Sonnen to take down Evans and do what he does to take the decision. The new age Jon Fitch with a mouth.
Rory Mac to take down Lawler and get himself a title shot vs Big Rig. (assuming GSP doesn't get an immediate rematch)
Koscheck is on a downslide and I think Woodley will keep the streak alive.
Bagautinov seems like a solid up and comer, I know nothing of him really, but just taking his win streak for my pick.
Seems like a card that is worth the PPV or pub watch.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree great card. Hendricks has a punchers chance, and is a great wrestler, a solid combo that will give GSP a hard time.

I think Evans will beat Sonnen, although it will be close.

If McDonald wins, I think he should fight one more top ten guy, like a Damian Mai or loser of GSP/Hendricks etc before a shot. I know he won't fight GSP, but at some point they may have too. Mcdonald vs Nick Diaz would be another great one.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
GSP over Hendricks...it will be close but GSP with the decision
Sonnen over Evans...decision and then alot of smack talk
McDonald vs Lawler...im going with Mcdonald, I also think he should fight another top 10 guy before a title shot
Koscheck vs Woodley...Woodley on this one. Easy.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm seeing some online chatter regarding a tap-out by Hendricks in the first round... thoughts?

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just looked it up, what do you think?
1 round 22 seconds in.
johny-hendricks-ufc-167-tap.gif

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As sketchy as it looks I do believe it wasn't a tap. Gsp only had a hold for 3 seconds and there is no way Hendricks would tap that quickly

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phantom-Tap or otherwise, Hendricks probably deserved to win, but fight sports are famous for it having to be completely 100% indefensible an argument to make for the challenger to win in a decision over a lon standing champion. Not saying I agree, it just is the way it is. Dana was fuming, Georges was surprised and the drama sets up a nice re-match....once Georges starts being able to walk, speak and do simple math again.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts