Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UFC 152 CANCELLED!!!!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the first time in UFC History an event will be cancelled. Dan Henderson has a partial tear of his MCL and won't be able to fight. Dana asked a few fighters to fill in and they said no, he phoned Chael Sonnen who said yes, but Jones declined the fight! (first time EVER a champion has declinded a fight) I just lost alot of respect for Jon Jones. here are some parts of the article:

"White heaped praise upon Sonnen for being willing to take the fight on such short notice.

"Chael's been out there talking all this crazy [expletive] about Jones, but he proved that he not only talks the talk, he walks the walk," White said. "I offered the fight to a couple of guys, and believe me when I tell you, nobody wants to fight Jon Jones on [short] notice. Nobody. But when I called Chael, that crazy [expletive] said, 'Not only will I fight him, but I'll get on a plane and fight him at Mandalay Bay tonight, if that's what you want.' "

"This is the first time in UFC history that the champion wouldn't step up and fight [a replacement], and I was pretty shocked to hear that," Henderson said. "It's not like he's injured. It's unbelievable to me that he wouldn't take that 'the show must go on' attitude. If there was any way I could have gone, and any way that I thought I could give myself a chance to win, I would have done that."

“This is probably one of my all-time lows,” White said. “The one thing that I never thought in a million years would ever happen — it happened.”

“We’ve never, ever had a fighter refuse to fight somebody, especially a fighter who is a world champion as well as one of the top pound-for-pound guys in the world,” White said. “It’s baffling to me, and I’ve never seen it before.”

White also said jones is selfish and he's disgusted. Can't say I disagree. Poor show mr.jones.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised Bones never took the fight. Sonnen was not even training.

Very odd, Bones would have ran thru Sonnen with ease.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, for those UFC geeks, UFC 152 is not cancelled, UFC 151 is, and has now been bumped apparently to Sept 22nd where Jones will scrap Lyoto Machida. UFC 152 is Koch v Aldo in Brasil now.

What is Jones afraid of? ...and further to that why is UFC not able to strip him of his title considering he had a willing participant and then allow Machida to fight Sonnen for the title? Then give Hendo a chance as he had to bow out due to injury?

Silva v Sonnen was only 6-7 weeks ago thus Sonnen would still be in decent shape if he's only been lounging around the entire time

Jones should be ashamed of himself... as much as I loathe Sonnen: Good for you Chael for stepping up, too bad you don't get your shot.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Machida turns down fight with Silva, not sure on why, now Jones vs Belfort. I like this better as Belfort is a menace with mean hands, and I hope he knocks jones head off. I don't think he will, but I dare to dream.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow everyone doesnt want to fight....

Jones is scared of Sonnen

Joe Silva is the matchmaker for the UFC and always has been. He does a great job. They really need to get rid of fighters liberty to decide if they want a fight or night. Hopefully this will change after ufc 151s debacle. You are an employee of the UFC , do as youre told or youre fired

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fairness to Jones, that is a big change strategy to go from Henderson to Sonnen. This isn't a bar fight, and when you get ahold of that belt, you want to do all you can to keep that thing. Huge bucks, so I don't blame him. Sure, a "tough guy" like Sonnen would say, "hell I'll fight you anywhere, anytime", but that isn't always the smartest thing to do.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fairness to Jones, that is a big change strategy to go from Henderson to Sonnen. This isn't a bar fight, and when you get ahold of that belt, you want to do all you can to keep that thing. Huge bucks, so I don't blame him. Sure, a "tough guy" like Sonnen would say, "hell I'll fight you anywhere, anytime", but that isn't always the smartest thing to do.
exactly, ill fight jones for 1,000,000$ too. Doesnt mean Im a tough guy.

Belfort is gonna ko him anyways

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jones has been training, likely very hard, for Hendo. Hendo is almost un-ko'able has a massive right hand and is an awesome Wrestler. Sonnen's stand up is garbage compared to Hendo, and is almost a wash as a wrestler imho, perhaps a bit quicker.

Sonnen would be coming up in weight and not having trained in 6-7 weeks.

How does this not stack up well for Bones?

I also don't get the flack White is taking in the media and mma circles- surprisingly it apppears that a lot of pundits and media types have Bones' back on this, which makes no sense to me.

Were White's comments on Greg Jackson, Tito etc out of line? yes, probably but how much of that is hype and buildup?

I'm ashamed of Jones... he would have killed Sonnen. Sonnen has a lot of image/reputation repairing to do after his all talk no walk vs Silva , his legal issues, his Doping Suspension and his media spectacles he's made of himself...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regardless of what has happened the last few days, I will be cheering for Belfort to crush Jonny "postpones" Jones, into the mat.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts