Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UFC 101 Declaration in Philly

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Griffen was pretty much lost after the first knock down. He put a hand up like don't hurt me. I watched it 4 or 5 times back and the whole thing looked completly fixed but I just can't see Griffen being apart of that. Griffen didn't even throw one big shot even when he was helped up, he just looked like he didn't want to end up with Rich Franklins nose.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fix or no fix griffon still got a broken jaw from it.

There was definitely no fix. If it was strictly stand-up, I'd take Silva over anyone in the UFC...Lesner included. The only time there would be a fix would be when Silva decides to go more than 3 rounds with anyone.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe I'm not up to par on things but do you really think that fights are fixed in the UFC? If so then this sport will be over before you know it.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe I'm not up to par on things but do you really think that fights are fixed in the UFC? If so then this sport will be over before you know it.

Girth...everyone has some sort of conspiracy theory for everything. Personally, I think every sport has athletes who try to affect the outcome in one way or another for personal (gambling) gains. It would be naive to think that with the UFC's close ties to Vegas that EVERYTHING is on the up and up. A lot of these fighters do not get paid very much. As for Silva, he makes good money, and while I don't think he would ever purposely lose, I could see him going five rounds with a fighter (very rare for him) in order to ensure that such a bet was won. The fight against Cote would be another instance when Cote was the first to make it to round 3 against Silva. Suspicious to me only because Silva threw maybe one dangerous punch and a knee the whole fight.

I'm curious what the odds were that he would win in round 1 by knockout against the very popular Griffin.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0