Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UFC 101 Declaration in Philly

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday night another whopper of a UFC card.

UFC 100 was a good card but this is a deeper card imho with 4 great fights.

The Lightweight Tite on the line with BJ Penn to take on Kenflo
Spider Silva going up to 205 again to duke it out with Forrest
TUF winner amir Sadollah FINALLY makes his UFC debut against Johnny Hendricks
Kendall Grove scraps Ricardo Almeida.

Call me crazy, but I'm calling another epic upset by Forrest to win over Anderson Silva.
I'll call a demolition of Kenflo by BJ Penn who is in amazing shape (Being trained by Marv Marinovich, yes the father of retard and once BC Lion Todd Marinovich) Try and find the Youtube clip of BJ Penn jumping out of 3 feet of water in the pool to the side of the pool (Yes straight out with not using his hands or anything! :eek: )
Amir will win after his amazing amount of time with the bad luck bug
And Kendall will upset Almeida.

Those are my picks, what say you TTP Fight Fans?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say I'd love to see Forrest upset but I don't think it will happen. Though were a TTP Bookie Event come up for the fight I'd put my money there :D

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My picks,

Penn
Spider(will be a close fight though.)
Hendricks(I like Admir...hope he wins...but he has been away too long...)
Almedia( I like the Spyder, hope he wins, but Almedia is very underrated.)

***LFC***

May 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope BJ Penn gets his ass kicked by Kenny. BJ was doing that same pool crap when he was training to fight GSP, I dont think he will be fitter then Kenny. Kenny trained with the GSP camp for this fight, I hope he TKO's BJ within the first round.

Silva might have some problems with Forrest, I dont think Silva will want to take the fight to the ground, just because of Griffin's size and also he has some ground and pound.I think in the end Silva will win. I am predicting this fight to go to decision.

Amir Sadollah will have a tough time against Johny Hendricks. I think Johny's wrestling is much better, but Amir will catch him with a submission.

I want Ricardo Almeidato sh*t kick Kendal Grove. I dont think Kendal will make it out of the first round,

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope Florian wins as well, though BJ seems to own this weight class.

I can't stand BJ but that 3 foot jump out of the water is impressive. That's the height of a kitchen counter. I tried it this morning and put my foot through the granite.

I like Forrest, but he will get knocked out by Silva in the first round or early second if he tries to stand up with him. Silva/Machida should be the next super-fight.

***LFC***

May 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im gonna cut and paste this piece from a article BJ Penn did with yahoo sports.

Penn is one of the few fighters who is blunt and doesn’t dodge a direct question. In a sport where many of his peers give politically correct answers and stray far away from controversial topics, Penn freely dives in with no hesitation. Penn said he believes St. Pierre uses steroids, though he concedes he has no proof. St. Pierre is arguably the sport’s most popular fighter and Penn knows that making such allegations isn’t going to win him any friends.
Penn, though, isn’t the type to be shy about offering his opinion though it may be unpopular.
“It’s just my opinion that he uses steroids,” Penn said. “That’s it. My opinion. I do believe it. I can’t hand you any proof, but that’s my opinion.”
In an earlier conversation on the topic, Penn said, “In my opinion, he doesn’t play by the rules when it comes to steroids and growth hormones and that stuff. Look at him. He’s the worst. He looks like that every day. That’s cheating. There is a reason why there are rules against using steroids. The rest of us, we get fat, then we train and get skinny and the cycle goes over and over again. He looks the same way all the time. Come on.”

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJ Penn IS Mr. Sour Grapes...

First it was "Grease-Gate" and now he is accusing GSP of Roids abuse!?

How is it that Sherk, Barnett, Parisyan, others get nabbed by the athletic commissions but GSP doesn't!?

Give me strength.

The guy trains non-stop, is widely considered, by most media venues worth reading about the sport, the best or number 2 PFP MMA Fighter in the world, and has been training with the Canadian Olympic Wrestling team with an eye for a potential 2012 Olympic shot... why would he start with PED's now? Especially being based in Dick Pound's (WADA) 'hood of Montreal!?
http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/sherdogcoms-pound-for-pound-top-10-18571
http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/columns/story?id=4335429
http://mmajunkie.com/news/15696/ins...-anderson-machida-gsp-or-torres-mmas-best.mma
http://www.mmapunch.com/2008/01/05/top-10-mma-fighters-pound-for-pound/

People wonder why he doesn't jump up or down weight classes... It is because his body is a machine, and IF he WAS using PED's he could easily go up or down (Something one Anderson Silva does a lot of) in classes to take on a wider range of other athletes.

The guys is world class, and BJ Penn might be a world class fighter, doesn't have world class "class"

He still will KO or Submit Florian tomorro imho.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
People wonder why he doesn't jump up or down weight classes... It is because his body is a machine, and IF he WAS using PED's he could easily go up or down (Something one Anderson Silva does a lot of) in classes to take on a wider range of other athletes.

The main reason he doesn't do it is because it's bad for your body to drop so much weight. He said it either before or after the Alves fight, because Alves cut like 38 lbs to make weight. He said that would be an advantage for him even though Alves would be fighting 23 lbs heavier than him. Jumping up a class wouldn't be much, he just wouldn't cut, although he'd be at a huge disadvantage.

***LFC***

May 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN

How can you hate KenFlo ... C'moooooooon

Kids got talent, smart , all class.

BJ Penn is a biaaaatch....When it comes to the big fights against the big names he losses. Lost to GSP (x2) , Matt Hughes , Jens Pulver. For some reason he tried to fight Lyota Machida (Penn was at 189 lbs Machida at 205lbs) just got dominated.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like him or hate him, Penn has lost the big fights outside his natural weight class.

At 155, his natural weight class, he is dominant.... He could sit at 155 and keep winning but he moves up in weight to challenge himself. When he fought GSP...you could see the size difference between him and GSP.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll echo Gurps.
His record is astounding in and around 155. GSP is a maching, you cannot knock Penn for losing that scrap. GSP has avenged his 2 losses, 1 a total fluke against Serra and 1 a mistake by a young awe-struck fighter. GSP is total and sheer class, and may well go down as the best ever PFP Fighter in MMA since MMA came around (Barring Gracie because he got to use a Gi and did test positive for Roids recently)

BJ's pro MMA record is pretty good if not fan-fcuking-tastic

He has only lost 4 times in his pro mma career:
-Twice to GSP (both times at Welterweight)
-Jens Pulver, which he avenged with a Rear Naked Choke Submission
- Matt Hughes (on short notice filling in for GSP at Welterweight)

So he has 1 total loss in UFC, Heroes, and TKC (?) at 155.

As far as Kenflo...

He is rather loud mouthed imho after beating some decent (nothing too special) fighters on his roll to this fight. Telling BJ things like it's time for him to "slay the master" or "The student has to kill the master" and all this Ronin bullshit I saw on the Spike hype-show... c'mon...

He couldn't beat Diego Fcuking Sanchez in TUF Finale of season 1, since losing to Sherk the only guy I remember him toppling of any note is Huerta, Lauzon is overrated.

It is a lighter division in the UFC, that is a fine argument to make... BJ does have to fight someone, I stand to be corrected if something crazy happens tomorrow night, But BJ Is impressive.

If he is the only "Welterweight" that gives GSP trouble (I'm not sure what was a harder fight for GSP, Penn or Alves... Penn at least wouldn't quit, his corner quit, and remeber the weight that Alves walks around at vs what Penn would normally walk around at)

Dana should MAKE BJ, Anderson Silva, and GSP move up a natural weight class just to make things entertaining, since those are the longstanding belt holders in their classes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like Forrest, but he will get knocked out by Silva in the first round or early second if he tries to stand up with him. Silva/Machida should be the next super-fight.

I was hoping for a better fate for Griffin, but when Silva wants to turn it up, he can knock out anybody...and quickly!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial, you can't make a comment like that. Forrest left too early and quit. Something was up. That was not right. I will wait to hear what's up on that one.

The stoppage in the Sadollah Hendricks fight was WAY to early, Sadollah will get a rematch from Dana and Joe Silva, I guarantee it.

The Penn/Kenflo fight went about as expected.
Pellegrino beat Neer in a battle to see who was about to put more viewers to sleep.
Kendall got very unlucky to not finish the armbar on Almeida.

good night overall with a few things to unfold yet I think.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This card was a huge joke.....what a waste of time...admir fight stopped to early....Silva fight was a fix and the Penn match was a waste of time as if he would of lost that match he should of quit MMA.

This is the worst PPV UFC I have ever watched!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well before the fight Griffen looked pumped and ready! Silva is just that good period. I think the reason he ran out after the fight was because he was mad at himself for getting caught early and looking very amateur against a complete pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts