Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TV Schedule for upcoming season

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full slate of soccer available to Canadians

FYI,

In fact, they can feast on more TV coverage than fans in England. The English Premier League opens this weekend, with the same slate of TV coverage this season as last: two games Saturday on Rogers Sportsnet and two Sunday on Fox Sports World Canada.

No complaints here. There's even midweek games!

The Good News:

SportsNet will cover David Beckham's debut vs. Valencia on Sunday (according to the article) and will cover one off games from time to time.

The Bad News:

Sportsnet's Gerry Dobson will continue to anchor Soccercentral.

Hasn't anyone from this site even tried to apply for that job? Keeper?

Bad news if your a fan of the SPL:

Fox Sports World Canada has had to drop Scottish soccer this season but has added the French league and picked up Dutch action again.

What a shame! No more games seeing Rangers or Celtic lumping crap teams equivilant of the Vauxhall Conference League in England. What a shame!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool and Blackburn should obviously be in the Vauxhall Conference, eh Jonsie? :) I just like watching my team play, despite the opposition. Sometimes, they are given very difficult games, like last weekend.

Captain

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is all about TLN!

Telelatino is amazing for showing soccer up to 4 matches per weekend and on Sundays they show all the RAI highlight shows (with some cracking hosts I must add) and they show the Coppa Italia, all of National Team matches from Rai and Copa Italia games.

Some Sunday matches are in English thank god because the Italian commentators are fukcing boring they say 2 words every 10 min.

Im very excited about the amount of games SportsNet is showing. I actually enjoy watching the EPL.

Capt unlucky about the SPL being dropped from Fox, wouldnt you rather watch French football anyways?? :confused:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another great website

Try this link, you can find any game out there and what it's on.

Soccertv.com

If you scroll right to the bottom with the section that says Scheduled telecasts for this week, you can click on Canadian TV Networks that lists everything that's being played on : ESPN Classic Canada, FOX Sports World Canada, RAI Canada, RDS, RFO, Sportsnet, TLN, TSN, TV5 Quebec/Canada, WTSN.

Quality .......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga,

No, I would rather watch the Scottish football. The French football is FAR too slow for my liking, as most of their top players go elsewhere. At least you get a decent pace with most of the Scottish games, and the odd time, a decent bit of football.

Jonesy,

Instead of watching Celtic/Rangers 'stuff the Vauxhall Conference" teams, we now get to watch Ajax(a team who Celtic stuffed the last time the played) and PSV Eindhoven destroy the rest of the Dutch league. At least I have an attachment to Celtic...:)

Captain

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Touche, Captain. Touche!

There's nothing like watching your boyhood team in action. Being part Scottish, I always pull for the Sheepshaggers (Aberdeen) but they've been crap since Sir Alex left. There isn't much to cheer for except that they kept Celtic to under 5 goals per game last year.

Personally, I would rather watch Dutch soccer. If my kids ever get good enough to play for one of the three big teams in Holland, they might get called up to play for England. ;)

If they ever get good enough to play for one of the three big teams in Scotland, they might get called up to play for Canada.:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you Heard of Hibs

They stared in the movie Trainspoting.

Or is it Livingston, they have come in third before.

I am still a Clyde Bank supporter, but they are 1st div.

HOS

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TLN Telelatino Kicks Off the Soccer Season with Live Coverage of the Italian Championship Games. TLNTV.com (Monday, August 25, 2003)
Toronto, ON – Is it time for Soccer Night in Canada? TLN Telelatino believes it is already here! Beginning Sunday, August 31, TLN presents live coverage of the Italian Championship (also known as “Serie A”) featuring soccer heavy weights Inter vs. Modena (8:55am EDT); Juventus, looking to repeat as Scudetto Champions vs. Empoli (11:00am EDT- tape delay); and Bologna hosts Parma (2:30pm EDT). A special Labour Day edition of Italian Championship Soccer airs Monday, September 1 with Ancona vs. Milan, the current European Club Champions, at 2:30pm EDT, followed by a full replay of the match in prime time
at 9:00pm EDT.

This upcoming soccer season, TLN will offer more than 150 games and over 800 total hours of international soccer coverage. In addition to Italian Championship Soccer from September to May, TLN will broadcast the biggest, most prestigious international soccer event in this hemisphere – Copa America 2004, the South American Nations’ Cup. The best Latin American teams will face off in the 41st edition of this championship,
live from Peru next summer.

In a country that has been living and breathing hockey for more than a century, this will come as a big surprise. According to the Canadian Soccer Association, as of 1996, soccer has overtaken hockey as Canada’s
#1 participation sport. Today, almost 790,000 soccer players are registered in Canada, compared to only 530,000 registered hockey players. In fact, since 1992 the soccer participation rate in Canada has increased
134%, with 39% of the participants being female.

“We are delighted that the growth in soccer is at such significant levels,” says Canadian Soccer Association President Andy Sharpe. “Canadians from coast-to-coast continue to play the sport of soccer in ever
increasing numbers.”

Television has played a major role in Canada’s soccer craze, and TLN Telelatino has led the charge. TLN’s exemplary 2002 World Cup coverage and their recently announced English language rights agreement to carry
Italian League “Serie A” soccer matches has propelled the network into one of North America’s leading soccer broadcasters. “We are thrilled to be expanding our soccer coverage based on its acceptance and
skyrocketing popularity,” says TLN President Aldo Di Felice.

TLN Telelatino is available to more than 10 million Canadians and is carried on more than 100 Canadian cable systems including Shaw Cable, Rogers Cable, Cogeco and Videotron, DTH satellite services Star Choice and Bell ExpressVu. TLN Telelatino’s Web site is www.tlntv.com.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ajax vs. AZ

I've just watched quite possibly one of the most entertaining 30 minutes to start a match in a VERY LONG time. The quality of the passing, the first touch, the movement off the ball, and of course the atmosphere at the Amsterdam Arena is nothing short of spectacular. I hope the rest of the game is as good. I would be stunned if they can keep this pace up for the whole 90. Did anyone else see the match? Or is anyone else currently watching it? I think it was on live yesterday..... Great advertisement for the Dutch game. Apparently, the PSV/Ajax match last week was completely shite, according to Bart Chouffeur. Has anyone been watching the Dutch matches? Jonesy, I know we mentioned this earlier in the year. This AZ team is quite impressive, which might explain why they're right up near the top with the big boys in Holland....

CaptainwhostillwishesFoxsportswouldshowCeltic/Hungames....:(

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught from half on. Tremendous pressure put on by Ajax the entire 45+ of the second. Dodgy PK to end it, he should have let them play it out. The guy (missed his name) had no chance at goal after his first touch. Of course he would argue it was because he got lumped. :rolleyes:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i caught the game also. i thought it was entertaining but nothing pisses me off more than some ref who decides the game with a ridiculous call that had no business being made.
where's a serb when you need one?:rolleyes:
was it my imagination or did the ref look like he was having a perpetual heart attack?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No it wasn't you. The fat bastard couldn't get to the respirator quick enough. Looked like a preseason Walks.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Smalley, the ref did look like that. Much like I did at Hillcrest against the Vancouver Olympics. Thanks, KNVB. :(

Yah, that call was a very dodgy call, especially to decide a VERY entertaining game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts