Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Reflections 2003

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP had a lot of quality material come through these forums over the past year. What do you remember most? There were a variety of stories, characters, quotes and posts that should bring back some fond memories, some of which include:

Bikegate, Buck Melanoma, Croatia's relegation, The War over Iraq, star pimp, the Vancouver Canucks, the Minnesota Wild, the Mighty Flyers, Surrey United's Provincial Cup victory, HOS's GAA, HOS's subsequent benching, the teaching exploits at SDSS, John Ritter's death, Johnny Cash's death, the Okanagan fires, Besty having a kid, SARS, Vancouver's Olympic Bid, Celtic vs. ManU, HOS having a kid, Yoda having a kid, Mr. Rogers dying, KNVB having a kid and dangling him out of a balcony window, The Washington DC Sniper, superlative young veterans and the emphatic player of the week choices, 2nd Annual TTP Golf Classic, TTP Euro 2004 qualifier at PCOV, TTP Christmas dinner, Dazza getting banned, Fastshow v. Smiles in the war of Attrition, Ollie going to Indo, Larsson and AFC, Westside with another Imperial Cup, Firemen's fantastic Cup run, Euro 2004 qualifying, Who the fcuk is George Best, Jordan retires (again), The Admiral retires (and wins SI's Sportsman of the year w/Duncan), Fastshow v. LucVanLierde in the battle of soft euro-pap tracks, TheRob goes disco, Gruden finally gets his Superbowl, the Raiders fall apart, the triumphant return of Aunt Jinky, Anne of Green Gables, Governor Aaah-nold (fear the Terminator), Vic Bianchin passes away, Zaurinni's Wedding Story captured in the Vancouver Province, the case vs. Kobe, Wacko Jacko, Sadaam captured, Dazza the Mermaid Muppet, posting your three favourite chip flavours (the dog-days of TTP summer), Co-Ed, Premier Campbell and his infamous DUI, Smallsy plays for Westisde?, whatever the hell the FVSL is up to, Dude and his Wife, the Captain and Parkhead at Parkhead, Rangers' trebel, United capture the EPL, another impressive I-Tie forum, Scotland win the Nation's Cup, Zenga's performance in the semi-final shootout.....and finally, a special thanks to Regs (as always) for providing the site which is now an extension of my everyday existence.

Did I miss anything? I'm sure you'll all find a few gems I failed to mention. Anyways, happy holidays and best of luck for 2004....

-sensei_hanson.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 things come to mind...

1. Simon losing the TTP Hockey Challenge on the very last day.
2. Bikegate 2003 and reading HOS' banter about it :D

Some priceless stuff this year for sure.

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NFL Pool

knvb leading the NFL Pool from Day 1 and then being overtaken by HOS in the final dramatic weekend. Oh, that has not happened yet, but can be added in 5 days.

I forgot, what about Team TTP in Penticton 2003, the team with 4 keepers, that won some big games.

hos

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about TheRob winning the hockey challenge on the very last day. Now that's more like it.:D

Another good year. The motorsports forum really took off this year. Next year should be even better. Perhaps the post count will crack 150. :eek:

Think big man. Think big.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Memories

As funny as Bikegate was nothing will compare to the auld Firm match at Parkhead. Something I will never forget. Can't wait to go see Celtic in Boston this summer. I'm sure a few more memories will be added.

Seriously though I still wish there was video of the whole bike incident from the attempt to the stroller rolling in to him. Classic stuff.:D

Parkhead

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Change is good

Me winning the September Monthly Members draw.

Many changes to the site with new server and new layout.

540 new members over the last year.

And new record for Most ever online: 112 on 11-25-2003 at 01:16 PM.

Many new sponsors to boot.

Best of luck to TTP in the new year.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
many moments for sure...

Although I was 'kinda outta' the loop this past year, I'd have to say my most memorable moments would have to be every time I was successful logging on using computers with foreign languages...(Mandarin/Vietnamese/Thai/Lao/Khmer&Nepali)

The return of Auntie Jinks (BUT, in her old age her advice hasn't been as good as it used to be):p

Highlights; grasping more of what goes on in HOS' heed:wa:

Good stuff, as usual, perhaps I will actually see Riggs in person to congratulate him on his extreme efforts (and of course his perfect timing when interfering with shite banter;) )

Cheers to another year gang!

+SC:DpastandfuturePremiummember

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff Sensei, BUT......

Who the fcuk is George Best
It has been refered to a few times in the last 12 months (to remind Dude of a footballing legend), but that whole thread was so 2002!!!;)
What were you thinking???:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The TTP Advertisement in the Nation's Cup was a personal highlite :D

Team TTP in Penticton was also a good one... much thanks to TR for getting that one done.

Nothing can top Punjabi Radio though... I'm hoping for a TTP Bollywood thread in 2004 to take it to the next level :D

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me Heed Hurts

Originally posted by sexualchocolate
Highlights; grasping more of what goes on in HOS' heed:wa:

Cheers to another year gang!

+SC:DpastandfuturePremiummember

I have been told that there are a bunch of cnuts running around in my heed, but they are not by themselves, there are some tits chasing them around.

hos

Funniest moment for me, was my pisstake on knvb after his bike, and him being taken away in an ambulence, and Sensei was worried about the guy and thought my pisstake was insensative.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs

Nothing can top Punjabi Radio though... I'm hoping for a TTP Bollywood thread in 2004 to take it to the next level :D

~Regs.

Be careful what you wish for, it may just come true:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team TTP in Penticton was also a good one... much thanks to TR for getting that one done.
It will be even better this year.:D

We'll be taking player applications January 1st for those who are interested. ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally forgot about the 2nd annual TTP Golf tourney...

"And we're good old boys!" :D

Actually, not surprised at all I forgot some things that night...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts