Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Four & Out NFL 2004 Season Pool - Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wide Right! Wide Right!

sensei_hanson said:
Great game to kickoff the year. Tom Brady was putting up nintendo numbers until that late pick.

Nice to see the resident loudmouth of the kicker's union (Local 00) botch his first meaningful field goal of the campaign. I still haven't completely let this guy off the hook for getting drunk, appearing on The Score as a 'football analyst', and questioning Peyton Manning's heart, ability and desire. Mike freaking Vanderjagt. Cha-ching indeed.

Hard lines for the Edge tonight as well. His goal-line woes against the Pats are getting to be troublesome. And what's up with him and the Hurricane alumni telling the audience they went to "The U"? I thought barking out "THE Ohio State University" was bad enough, but this is a whole new level of ineptitude. The only Miami alumn I could see doing this is Ray Lewis, based on the assumption the U stood for "Under investigation" or "U best be fleeing this here murder scene".

Anyways...this makes me 1-0 in Week One of the NFL TTP Four and Out pool. Question: did anybody post a perfect week last season?

Curious minds,
-sensei.

Jeez Sensei, I can see you're bitter still as you neglected to mention the tin man got sacked for 13 yards to take them out of automatic range and into "good luck in the swirling winds" hell. I'd drink and call him out too, until he WINS something.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ralphie,

Thing is, I don't even like Manning. But he's the reigning league MVP, the Colts' franchise player, and Mike Vanderjagt is.....the kicker.

We all know that within the football hierarchy, the kicker ranks somewhere in between the equipment manager and end-zone painter in terms of being a team authority. I mean, know your freakin' role. He's on the field for about 34 seconds a game, never gets hit and probably hasn't had to wash his uniform since the 2001 season. Those are hardly grounds for someone to base their criticisms on other teammates toughness and desire. Even though Peyton hasn't won anything yet, Vanderjagt should have realized that number 18 is his meal ticket. Kickers need to know these kinds of things.

Plus, Vanderjagt doing that little fist-pump/slot-machine move after every successful kick makes me want to puke. It's cool when he and the holder (another low-ranking official on the aforementioned hierarchy) can come up with neat ways to celebrate converted extra points and 30-yard chip shots. Maybe they can work the "polish my boot" move into their next skit. And there's always the option of running to the orange end zone marker and doing a little Cameroon dance for the fans.

Anyways...Peyton did take a monster hit last night to put Vandy into the swirling winds of 48 yard hell, but McGinest went untouched en route to dropping the tin man on that play. The Colts were making mistakes all over the field last night, with the Edge being one of the main culprits. That was a very winnable game for Indy, especially with the rushing numbers they put up.

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right, so if I read this right, he's not really on the team and anyone could have gotten them the field goals and extra points to keep them close, he shouldn't show any emotion and he shouldn't have an opinion, accurate or not. Do you work for the No Fun League? Peyton and his coach were a couple of robots without emotion in a very emotion driven sport where leadership is revered above many things, including intelligence and skill (see Brett Favre). Thanks for Sensei Hanson's Insightful Tips. ;-)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're probably in danger of running completely off topic so I'll refrain from pissing on your "Free Speech for Vanderjagt" campaign for the time being.

I think his post-FG celebrations are both sad and lame, and I loudly stated my opinion on it (a moment of unbridled passion which I thought would qualify me for the Ultra Super Fun League). But yeah, clearly, Vanderhoof can do whatever he wants to reward himself for a job well done.

Anyways, to get back on track.....how may guys took a bath picking Indy last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts