Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie] Euro 2008 SF#1: Germany vs Turkey

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could care less about the tokens...come on Turkey:wa::knvb:

Turkey vs Russia would be sweet!

Glad to see Turkey kept their back-up in this week!~

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could care less about the tokens...come on Turkey:wa::knvb:

Turkey vs Russia would be sweet!

Glad to see Turkey kept their back-up in this week!~

Their Starter was still suspended.... for some reason he got 2 games.....

It's over.... another thrilling finish.....

Thank you Germany!!!

Hatman16

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fack, Fack, Fack, We Should Of Won That Game,

We Played Well Today, The First Half Was All Turkey,

But, The Germans Kept Themselves In It,

The Turkish Team Is Too Open To Counter Attacks, They Have Demonstrated That The Hole Tourney, The Poor Goal Tending Never Helped Either

All In All A Good Tourney For The Team, None Of You Guys Even Thought They Would Compete In This Game

The Coverage For The Game Was Shyt, We Missed About 10 Of The Most Exciting Minutes Of The Match

GO RUSSIA!!!!

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off well done Turkey. You were by far the better team in the first half and deserved better.

Saying that, German teams always seem to find a way to get the job done. They never have the flashy players or the most skilled but they are a tournament team that is stuctured, disciplined and proud.

So again, well done Turkey but we are going on and you are going home. Ole!

Deutschland!

Hatman16

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germany Turkey
3 Goals scored 2
0 Yellow card 2
0 Red card 0
3 Shots on goal 11
4 Shots wide 6
14 Fouls committed 15
2 Corners 8
0 Offsides 1
27' 34'' Ball. Poss. (time) 32' 59''
45% Ball. Poss. (%) 55%

Other than the first stat the turks did very well considering..........

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germany Turkey
3 Goals scored 2
0 Yellow card 2
0 Red card 0
3 Shots on goal 11
4 Shots wide 6
14 Fouls committed 15
2 Corners 8
0 Offsides 1
27' 34'' Ball. Poss. (time) 32' 59''
45% Ball. Poss. (%) 55%

Other than the first stat the turks did very well considering..........

The only thing bad for me about the game was the lightning strikes that took out the TV coverage the world over.

Turkey played as good as the stats showed and were unlucky not to have been up a goal or two early in the first half.

They had more composure on the ball than I thought imaginable and clearly more talent on the bench than any thought.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just watched the replay on Sportsnet West and there were no stoppages in coverage - how did they manage that?

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only thought that I have is the most experienced team won. It would have done nothing but harm for Germany to go out there and win 10-0. As you have seen so far in this tourney, the second best team has been winning. A trend I see happening between Russia and Spain with Spain prevailing in the end.
Germany will show up for the final and play brilliantly.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just watched the replay on Sportsnet West and there were no stoppages in coverage - how did they manage that?

BROADCASTERS TO LODGE UEFA CLAIM?

According to UEFA, hurricane-strength winds were measured during an electrical storm in Vienna, where the television feed was based for the match played in Basel.

The system for transmitting pictures effectively had to be rebooted three times, causing three cuts that lasted an average of six minutes.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As well, TSN at around 2 or 3 this morning had the finish with no cut outs.
got to see that last missed free kick from Turkey.

Forza Germania?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only thought that I have is the most experienced team won. It would have done nothing but harm for Germany to go out there and win 10-0. As you have seen so far in this tourney, the second best team has been winning. A trend I see happening between Russia and Spain with Spain prevailing in the end.
Germany will show up for the final and play brilliantly.

IMO there was no way that Germany could have run up the score. That was a very good well disciplined Turkish team that - with some luck - could have put Germany out of the tournament. Germany had its hands full with these guys who clearly have more bench strength than any thought they had. Also they kept their cool - a sign of a well selected team and good coaching. Now if they had that same discipline in the qualifiers the outcome might actually have been better for Germany as the Turks played with passion and looked like a group of guys who weren't afraid of losing or making errors - thus they didn't sit back and came out on fire. It was a good game but missed the flow at the end due to the storm that took out the video and audio.

I see Spain winning today but that it is a far tougher call than picking the Germans over the Turks. Russia seems to have gained a lot of confidence since their game with Spain and to me it is almost a toss up. The Russians looked effective all over and if they take it to Spain vs lay back and let Spain come to them, this will be a good game where the result could go either way.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts