Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie] Euro 2008 QF#2: Croatia vs Turkey

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germany and who in the final? Russia........

Germany to lose to Russia in the final..............

Sorry, this is not One Dart posting. :D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I didn't see it live, so I can't be too upset, but How bad was it for the time added on.

I read that the ref allowed the game to go 2 minutes past 120 minutes...Then Turkey equalized...

Bilic is supposedly enraged!?

I am glad I didn't turn the TV off. What a finish.

I don't think the game went OT but the Croatian coach wanted to make a sub no doubt like I would have as a coach to kill the clock but the ref played the game on as he have should have.

The late Turkey goal was a cracker of a shot that was unstoppable but preventable and the Croats have only themselves to blame for not playing like they wanted to win before penos.

The Croatians looked beat before the penos judging from how they were sprawled all over the place - it's no wonder they didn't missed the net. The Turks on the other hand looked fired up and judging from 3 nice goals they were focused.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...... What a fkcued up game. First off, good game by the Turks, they did what they had to do, and had some great chances to score in regulation. Our guys..... well they seem to play like the Canucks. Play shitty teams, and lose. Play the big teams and win. WTF.... :mad:

Olic should have buried teh one he hit the crossbar in early on. How does a goalscorer miss that? Fine he ran his ass off through out the tourney, but that's all he can do. Head down and run up and down the sidelines. Was never a fan of his. Very impressed with Pranjic and Simunic in the back. Srna's free kick was spot on. But the keeper was on his game and came up when he had too. Other than that i found teh game very boring. And then the final 3 minutes from high to low for one team and low to high for the other.

PK's..... I had a feeling we were going to lose. How do you miss the net that bad? Oh well they still did well in the tournament and i'm always proud to be Croat! Bilic is a great coach and i'm sure the WC team will be just as good and hopefully a bit better.

Very happy for Klasnic who stepped up! Tough last game for Niko Kovac who retires from the national team after this game.

Jebote Kol'ko nas ima!!! :D

PS As for Bilic running on to the field in celebration after the goal. I'm sure any other coach would have done the same. Just show's how much heart he has for his team and country!!

Go Turkey!!! :eek:

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
........................Turkey definately deserved the win. Never say die. I told my dad who was sitting beside me in the pub surrounded by cheers after Croatia scored, I said dad it's not over yet I had a bad feeling in my gut and Turkey pulled it off. As a keeper myself, I wondered how a shot like that got off with three Croats around him in the dying seconds over a match. It was a rocket but he should have never got the shot off.

Cheers to Turkey!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, three more out with Cards now and they only had 15? to start the game today.... tough times.....

Weird thing about this, here's a something from Euro 2008 blog, and it makes me wonder why Turkey are in such trouble

I dare say, this UEFA clan is getting a bit more reasonable under Michele Platini.

The first item they tackled was the yellow card issue. Previously yellow cards were wiped after the group stage only, meaning if a player picked up a warning in the quarterfinal and semifinal, it’d be no go for the final. Now, yellow card slates are wiped clean after the group stage and quarterfinals. So the only way a player can possibly miss the final is to be suspended or sent off in the semifinal.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to add I am happy I didn't make a bet like one of my mates did to wear a ditch jersey if my team lost ;)

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS As for Bilic running on to the field in celebration after the goal. I'm sure any other coach would have done the same. Just show's how much heart he has for his team and country!!

Go Turkey!!! :eek:

Any coach? I didnt see the World Cup winning Coach Marcelo Lippi do that when Grosso scored in the 118th minute. But im sure he would have if it was the 119th minute.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any coach? I didnt see the World Cup winning Coach Marcelo Lippi do that when Grosso scored in the 118th minute. But im sure he would have if it was the 119th minute.

The guys like 80..... I'm suprsied he could walk to the field..... never mind celebrate the goal!! :D

Hatman16

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a game, I had a feeling we were going to win....but then the Croats scored
in the 119min.....FACK!!!!!i thought it was over, AS DID MOST.....
but then GOAL!!! SEMIH....SEMIHIN GOAL!!!!!!

Soon as the shoot out started you could see what team was going to win, its not easy to recover from such a high to such a low.

EN BUYUK TURKIYE!!!! GERMANS BEWARE

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco, I heard you and your buddies jumped in your car and started driving down the street with the Croatia flag when you scored, only to find out you had lost when you got to Commercial.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga, I gotta hand it to you wops....you're the only side in this tournament that made the 2004 Greeks look like the 1970 Brazil squad. Fantastic display....future is so bright you gotta wear:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts