Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie] Euro 2008 QF#1: Portugal vs Germany

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were the better team today! Everytime we went up by 2 we sat back too much and allowed them to move forward. In the beginning of the game and right after half we imposed ourselves on them and were the better team when it mattered most!

Deutschland!!!!!!

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's still hope for my pool, and finally Klose pots one.

Mental note - if Franchise is cheering for them, go the other way.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portugal Jersey's now on sale...

You just have to know that somewhere right now Keeper is smiling.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

You can have mine, I have a Ronoldo 17 straight from Portugal looking for $50 or interesting trades:D

KNVB are you able to get me a new Ronoldo jersey??

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...especially if it's a Ronoldo 17 jersey.:rolleyes:

Now that you've scooped us on the game being fixed, you can go back to flipping burgers. Remember, the NHL fixed games so the Leafs couldn't get in to the playoffs as well.

Dare to dream, kid.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...especially if it's a Ronoldo 17 jersey.:rolleyes:

Now that you've scooped us on the game being fixed, you can go back to flipping burgers. Remember, the NHL fixed games so the Leafs couldn't get in to the playoffs as well.

Dare to dream, kid.

Are you new? I was joking clown:rolleyes:

I will save you the bother Leafs won't make the playoffs this year either and they will throw games to get #1 draft pick:eek: Look for them to shine in 2010!

On a soccer note, I hope the Dutch take this now!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey did you sell my wife and daugher the Greek jersey and hat for my father's day gift or was it one of your employees?

I'm bringing it back.:mad:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think in this tournament that Portugal had one of the best midfields, especially going forward. They also are very well coached, but that itself cannot do it. Watch what happens to Russia ultimately. I also thought that they had a very strong back line, but they had a shocker today back there. What they lack, and what the favoured teams all seem to have, is a world class striker, and a big dominant goaltender. It is unfortnate that they drew Germany in this round though, I think they could have been semifinalists had Germany not finished second in their group.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that Ronaldo goes down easy a lot, we all know that, but on the one were he waited before rolling around was because he got fouled, went down, then the guy stomped on his foot as he was running back into a defensive position, and that's why the German got a yellow card on the play. Ballack took a lot more dives than Ronaldo today, especially the one on the sideline were he was blocked out by Pepe's arm and then dove and stayed down for a few minutes and needed treatment for his chest. However, I must admit he played a great game.

As for Germany being the better team on the day, I have to disagree with that. Portugal was taking it to them for the first 20 min. and then Germany scored on a counter down the wing to go up 1-0. Then they got one 4 minutes later and defended. Poor defending by Portugal on all 3 goals, Portugal definitely created more chances all game and were unlucky today. Usually, 2 goals wins you the game at this level.

Gomesy

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0