Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie] Euro 2008 Game 14: Holland vs France

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why I was worried about a Dutch win, from BBC text. It's happened before (I hate Sweden, those bastards)

"If it stays as is surely the Dutch should lose deliberately to Romania and dump Italy and France out! They'd be top and wouldn't have to face them later on."

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Match with the Dutch owning possesion in the 1st half and 1-Nil lead.... France applied some good pressure upon the start of the 2nd, and had a number of chances but the Dutch pulled away 2-0. France Made it a game at 2-1, but were countered about 55 seconds later and the Dutch never looked back.

Great match... Holland looks strong offensively and also in their own zone.

What a goal, the (Vanpersie) after a ridiculous ball dance off the wing to set up a rush with speed.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcku..... Finally made back that 1 Billion i lost on the last 2 games..... :D

If the Italians dont' make the quarter finals i will donate 500 million to a lucky person..... :D

I just dont' know who yet...... You guys can help me decide....

Reynold

May 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow that was complete domination. France needs a manager that understands Anelka shouldn't be on the field before Benzema and Nasri.

The goal by Sneijder was the best of the tournament so far and Holland looks great.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Sneijder goal may have been the nicest finish, but the Goal by Van Persie after the 40 yard dash by Robben after the audacious turn/pass/layoff by Ruud is the build up and goal of the tourney. It is going to take something incredibly special to knock that off...

What a domination.

France looked plucky for the last 20 minutes of the first half, other than that it was Clockwork Oranje.

The world should go on notice, there is a new bad boy in town...The Dutch have always been special, individually. The KNVB had better find a coach that can carry on this continuity that Van Bastien has been able to establish...Because they could be very very good for years to come.
Robben:24
Sneijder: 24
Van persie: 24
Heitinga (hasn't seen the field yet because of the strong unexpected play of Ooijer) 24
De Jong 23
Boularhouz: 26
Van Der Vaart: 25
Affelay:22
Huntelaar: 24

i wonder if Van Bommell and Seedorf are wishing they chose to play now ;)

Honorable Mention for Franck Ribery who was the only player on Les Bleus that put in a shift today.

And Makelele should just retire...If he can't play and stay on his feet without elbow smashing talented quick players than he doesn't belong on the world stage of the Beautiful Game.

De Oranje have just beat both WC Finalists by three goals each if anyone is scoring at home :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They were talking about Netherlands not fielding their best 11 against Romania. I am a huge RVN fan, but if they put Hunteljaar on, he may be better, and I am serious. Along with the other subs Van Persie and Robben. I hope Oranje hammer Romania, because the tournament will be a lot better with France or Italy involved. From what I have seen so far, Italy is better than France. But they both need to sort out their defending, and Italy has got to think up another offensive strategy than cross it to Toni far stick. Try Pirlo taking a strike once in a while to start with...

And you never know about Babel.

PS. Seedorf would not make this side.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huntejaar is magic, he was nursing an injury and that is probably why they left Ruud on the park and brought Van Der Vaart off to introduce Bouma to the game. I can't see Jan Englebert of Humperdink (As our friend Buckfast likes to call him) getting on the pitch period.

PS: If Bouma can make the team Seedorf can ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seedorf wasn't selected for the side because he wasn't interested enough in pressuring.........obviously the manager knows what he is doing......I always like seeing the Dutch do well........they are the European Brazilians.......:)

Go Holland........after Russia. :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0