Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie] Euro 2008 Game 11: Germany vs Croatia

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, Ballack was good down the stretch for Chelsea. I noticed that as well. As far as Schweinsteiger goes, he is an impactplayer. Do you really think his foul was worthy of a red? Yellow, yes, but not a red. Regardless, there is another impact player not available for selection next game.

Whatever team gets to the final will be missing a starter or two due to card problems. I do feel for the referees who have to deal with the incredible nonsense in the box. It's getting beyond the point of ridiculous.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schweinsteiger is an impact player, kind of...like Podolski he played second fiddle to a new player at Bayern this year. Podolski saw a lot of pine because of Toni and Bastien saw a lot of Pine because Ribery is so good down the left side and Schweiny can't play the right side, and Altintop does a good job there...

A red? Probably...by the laws of the game it was violent conduct. Leko had a) no clue it was coming and b) it was in retaliation to a foul that the ref was already on his way to dealing with (leko was also shown a yellow, although it could be disputed that it was deserving of a yellow as that may have been leko's first foul, and it was hardly eggregious.)

Two poor decisions by the ref imho was showing Modric the yellow for the ballsy tackle (I thought was no foul at all) when he could have raced down for a chance to make it 3-1 and not giving Lehman a talking to instead of a yellow for beaking after the fracas, I know Lehman came way out of his net to discuss things, but giving a keeper a yellow for that sucks...I wouldn't want to see him have to miss a game over that...but i guess dissent is dissent too...by the letter of the law.

I'm sure the ref was trying to keep a lid on things to avoid a debacle like the WC when Portugal and Holland got into it late in the game in 06

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, Ballack was good down the stretch for Chelsea. I noticed that as well. As far as Schweinsteiger goes, he is an impactplayer. Do you really think his foul was worthy of a red? Yellow, yes, but not a red. Regardless, there is another impact player not available for selection next game.

Whatever team gets to the final will be missing a starter or two due to card problems. I do feel for the referees who have to deal with the incredible nonsense in the box. It's getting beyond the point of ridiculous.

Won't have to worry about card problems as they wipe the cards clean after the quarterfinal's, new for Euro '08.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty harsh red I thought. Didn't strike him, just a frustrated push to the chest that the Croat made a meal out of.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
not much a meal.
But if he were Italian or Portugese,
you guys would be whining all the way to costco. Meals in Bulk.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0