Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie] Euro 2008 Game 11: Germany vs Croatia

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For a pre-tourney darling, the Croats certainly have fallen from their perch according to the odds makers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
1-0 Croats coming up to the half... is anyone watching? Good game?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is shocked.

As am I.

Role Reversal or what! Croatia looked like the machine and Germany looked as listless as the Croats did against Austria

Congrats to BJB and Bronco, the party must be raging at the CCC.

Modric is going to be very very good, i can't believe how much maturity and cleverness he shows for how young he is...Spurs spent that wad of money very wisely if you ask me.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is shocked.

As am I.

Role Reversal or what! Croatia looked like the machine and Germany looked as listless as the Croats did against Austria

Congrats to BJB and Bronco, the party must be raging at the CCC.

Modric is going to be very very good, i can't believe how much maturity and cleverness he shows for how young he is...Spurs spent that wad of money very wisely if you ask me.

You are correct about Modric. Looked like a veteran. Ballack looked like a rookie. Big disappointment. The Germans did not look like a team today.

Croatia were uncharacteristically very disciplined. Usually, you expect one faux-pas, but they were rock solid.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't say that Ballack looked like a rookie, he did look unsettled by the ability and pace with which the Croats closed the Germans down...He looked to rush everything after having the ball taken off him early and often by Kovac and Modric...Maybe the only rookie part of his game was how he couldn't adjust, but the whole team of Germans looked like they couldn't adjust. The free kick he took was pretty well hit and Pletikosa had to be good to parry it away

Loew should have subbed Gomez and Jansen off way earlier than he did. In fact he should have come out with what he told the media he was thinking, puttinf Friedrich on the right and starting Lahm at left back...Then Odonkor wouldn't have been made to look foolish all game.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Embarresed today! We didnt play well. Congrats to the Croats! However, it is not all doom and gloom yet! This just means we knock out the Portugese earlier than expected. That will be cracker of a quarter final.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No it isn't...Croatia is a well coached nice team...as are Holland...I dare say that both teams have equal expectations by unbiased folks and pundits that on paper both the Dutch and Croats would be eliminated in the quarters or semi's whereas the Italians and Germans were sure fire Finalists...

The Dutch won 3-0 remember ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No it isn't...Croatia is a well coached nice team...as are Holland...I dare say that both teams have equal expectations by unbiased folks and pundits that on paper both the Dutch and Croats would be eliminated in the quarters or semi's whereas the Italians and Germans were sure fire Finalists...

The Dutch won 3-0 remember ;)

True, but the Germans are the favourites over Italy. Holland is 10 and Croatia 15 in the world. Plus the game didn't look like a 2-1 game from the highlights. And it makes me feel better :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't say that Ballack looked like a rookie, he did look unsettled by the ability and pace with which the Croats closed the Germans down...He looked to rush everything after having the ball taken off him early and often by Kovac and Modric...Maybe the only rookie part of his game was how he couldn't adjust, but the whole team of Germans looked like they couldn't adjust. The free kick he took was pretty well hit and Pletikosa had to be good to parry it away

Loew should have subbed Gomez and Jansen off way earlier than he did. In fact he should have come out with what he told the media he was thinking, puttinf Friedrich on the right and starting Lahm at left back...Then Odonkor wouldn't have been made to look foolish all game.

I wouldn't expect a player (Ballack) with his experience to become unsettled when the thing his team needed most was settling. He is past his prime and he's not ready to accept that. I watch him at Chelsea and I see the same thing. The German team are a quality team who had a bad game. Many reasons why but when your leader is no longer acting like a leader, it's going to be a very bad day.

Now that the Poles and Austria have tied, the next game for Germany will be trying. Let's see how Ballack responds.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that I think about it Ballbaby...point well taken.

Ballack didn't show a lot of Guts, in Fact it was idiot Schweinsteiger who changed the tides as far as impact on the game more than anyone...He and Lahm were the guts when Zee Germans needed it, until idiot Schweiny was sent off.

On another note, I thought Ballack was top shelf for Chelsea down the stretch...

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sure is.

The odds makers made Germany the fav cause they are in a easy group. Italy WOULD have been the fav as well if we switched the groups around. Italy is ranked higher fro a reason. Im not down on my boys cause its not the time to. What matters will happen when we play Portugal now in the knock out stage. We just made it more difficult to get top the final now with this loss.

I hope Romania pulls it off tomorrow but I HIGHLY doubt it.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The odds makers made Germany the fav cause they are in a easy group. Italy WOULD have been the fav as well if we switched the groups around. Italy is ranked higher fro a reason. Im not down on my boys cause its not the time to. What matters will happen when we play Portugal now in the knock out stage. We just made it more difficult to get top the final now with this loss.

I hope Romania pulls it off tomorrow but I HIGHLY doubt it.

I disagree on them making it tougher. You were going to have to face Portugal one way or another, I don't think there was any doubt the 2 teams that were going to stand in your way of the final. It's just you'll play the tougher opponent first.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts