Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Troubles in Langley

RatBastard

Dec 14, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, the blackout on information is very telling. No one seems to want to acknowledge that a major club has just folded up because of serious financial irregularities. BC Soccer seems to be in the same "cover-ass" mode they were in when the Bob Birarda scandal went down. I just hope a news organization thinks it worth while to put some pressure on the right people and gets the news out. There have been more than a few financial scandals in soccer here in BC and it seems no one is willing to take responsibility and apply proper financial controls on supposedly non-profit clubs.

The silence is deafening.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Order of magnitude, anyone know how much money got pilfered?

@Regs, do you remember the name of the guy that emptied the VMSL bank accounts in ~1995?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good walk down memory lane...bloody hell almost 10 years ago! Jesus...too many head shots in the last 10 years, I could not remember one thing from that thread. @Frank1 reminding all how the FVSL donated cash to the VMSL at the time, can you imagine either scenario happening now- one helping the other out of a bind like that? No way!

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, the blackout on information is very telling. No one seems to want to acknowledge that a major club has just folded up because of serious financial irregularities. BC Soccer seems to be in the same "cover-ass" mode they were in when the Bob Birarda scandal went down. I just hope a news organization thinks it worth while to put some pressure on the right people and gets the news out. There have been more than a few financial scandals in soccer here in BC and it seems no one is willing to take responsibility and apply proper financial controls on supposedly non-profit clubs.

The silence is deafening.
Yes it is!!

Will B.C. Soccer do anything about it. Not a chance. The old TD should have been out years ago. They did nothing then and will do nothing now.

Sweep it under the rug, wait a year or so, all will be forgotten.

Fat.Ronaldo7

Jun 26, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it is!!

Will B.C. Soccer do anything about it. Not a chance. The old TD should have been out years ago. They did nothing then and will do nothing now.

Sweep it under the rug, wait a year or so, all will be forgotten.
Will the old Td get another job coaching in bc? If history is anything to go off then yes, seems lots of things get swept under carpet and then a guy pops up at another club, it’s Happens all over and has for years. I’d hope if he has a future employer then they would ask bc soccer for that report that was never produced.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will the old Td get another job coaching in bc? If history is anything to go off then yes, seems lots of things get swept under carpet and then a guy pops up at another club, it’s Happens all over and has for years. I’d hope if he has a future employer then they would ask bc soccer for that report that was never produced.

the old TD of LFC is coaching a team through a surrey based club from all accounts already (correct me if I’m wrong). The current TD is a solid fella and deserves to be involved somewhere in bc soccer. Imo.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The TD and the ED of LFC (Pres and ED of the Fraser Valley League) must be shaking their heads, wondering why they agreed to take on the task of trying to rescue the LFC BCSPL club. The club was doomed. Sure there was the possibility of paycheques, but not worth all the effort involved. They would have been better off selling vacuum cleaners door to door.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still don't know why the ED is suspended for 6 months but if related to this mess... yeah, must have regrets.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still don't know why the ED is suspended for 6 months but if related to this mess... yeah, must have regrets.

This.

No fan of the ED, everyone and their dog, and the dog's dog knows that...but I'm not connecting the dots on that either. If he inherited a mess, and the pillaging was already done by the previous regime, then...what gives? @peg leg, may need another volume, V2 if you will.

Still hope they fire him from the FVSL, just for shits and giggles. Blame COVID on him or something.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This.

No fan of the ED, everyone and their dog, and the dog's dog knows that...but I'm not connecting the dots on that either. If he inherited a mess, and the pillaging was already done by the previous regime, then...what gives? @peg leg, may need another volume, V2 if you will.

Still hope they fire him from the FVSL, just for shits and giggles. Blame COVID on him or something.
Could be 5 volumes @Dude, you just got the Coles notes!

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suspension due to what goes around comes around
And Hamburgers only at the drive through window
I thought he would explode at Nations cup one year as he was eating one of the largest burgers I have ever seen

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0