Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Troubles in Abby

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion, Abby has been a bit of a dog's breakfast over the last couple of years - this is through no fault of the coaches, volunteers or ceremoniously dumped past suppliers :D

Aside from the obvious public problems concerning HPL teams and mergers, the club has been basically run into the ground.

I've heard that in the last couple of weeks, the person whom was running things has resigned or whatever from the club. I've also heard some rumblings that people are starting to ask questions on how things were run under this person. This is only what I'm hearing, I have no direct connections to the club so take it for what it is worth.

I do find a recent posting to their website to be somewhat, well, weird:

LOTTERY DRAW POSTPONED
The Board of Directors of MFMFC regretfully announces the postponement of tomorrow's Lottery draw due to a licensing issue. The Board is working with the Gaming Commission to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

According to the policies of the Gaming Commission and an unknown timeline regarding the resolution of this issue, we are obliged to refund all monies taken in while tickets were being sold.

The refund process will begin as quickly as possible. Please watch our website for more information in the next few days.

Your support, cooperation and understanding in this matter are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Werrell
President
Abbotsford Soccer Association

It's a mess!

Thoughts?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll wade into this hornet's nest...

First I've heard of this Regs.

When you say 'run into the ground' do you mean financially?
If so, it's always a shame when financial concerns affect a club's operations.
It should never get to that stage if this is what you and/or the posting on their web site implies.

I see that a 'John Werrell' is now President.
Do you mean the past President has resigned or when you say 'running things' do you mean the TD?

Abby is a mainstay club in the Valley and represents many players and as an HPL Franchise needs to be well grounded.

My kid was there for one year and he had excellent coaches and the experience was great.
I'm actually more grateful for the owner of said 'ceremoniously dumped past supplier' who was his coach at the time to be honest.
Mind you, he played a Y-League season there too and that was very well run.

I wish them well and hope these apparent series of unfortunate events can be fixed ASAP.

Cheers,
'Rangerforever' ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Hey RF,

Sorry for the late response... The dude who resigned or whatever I think was the general manager or maybe past president at one time as well. Brad Nichols?

By run-down, I meant I guess the general organisation of things and communication went into the crapper. Financially I heard they were struggling for money but that is just hearsay really.

My gut feeling is that they will turn things around now - I'm hearing Kurgan is about to be announced as the club's official team mom - way to go Jay!

:bronco:

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The little info I have is that it's all about Langley politics. LFC/LU field issues. Clubs aren't playing nice with each other and rest of partners suffer.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts