Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Touchdown Celebrations

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Touchdown Celebrations?

Anyone see the Saint's - Giants game on Sunday? What did you think about Horn's celebration?

NFL considering suspension or fine for Horn

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (Dec. 15, 2003) -- The NFL is considering whether to discipline Saints receiver Joe Horn for making a choreographed cell phone call in the end zone to celebrate a touchdown.

League spokesman Greg Aiello said that he doesn't expect a decision until later in the week. Horn could be fined or suspended.

New Orleans coach Jim Haslett said he would not discipline Horn. "The league will do that," Haslett said.

After catching the second of four touchdown passes in a 45-7 victory over the New York Giants, Horn was handed a phone by teammate Michael Lewis, who pulled it out from under the padding used to protect the goalpost. Horn was still wearing his helmet when he punched in numbers, put the phone to the earhole and spoke into it for a few seconds.

"Would I take it back? No, no. I knew exactly what I was doing," Horn said after the game. "And I understand -- I'm quite sure that I'll be fined."

The Saints drew a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for the stunt.

"The thing that bothered me more than anything is he put himself before the football team," Haslett said. "To me that's selfish. He's selfish. He shouldn't do that."

After San Francisco's Terrell Owens pulled a pen out of his sock and autographed a football after scoring a touchdown in a game, NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue sent a memo to all teams warning that other such stunts would be punished.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all the sports radio guys can talk about for the past two days and frankly it's pissing me off. What's the big deal? He got a penalty, a ear full from his coach it should be done there. Ass holes like Dave Pratt, are crying murder like his celebration will bring down the very fabric of pro sports today...asking for susupention and major fines... it's just another one of ten million reasons I fcuking hate Pratt.

Anyone have any comments on the this? Christ, Dan Patrick has wasted almost two full shows on this.

Edit: Thanks Regs.. :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It should go down as another stupid TD celebration. Nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't offensive to anyone, just kind of lame.

Pratt was at his "conspiracy theory" best yesterday. The fcuking guy has one for everything.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ups the Anty

You have to wonder what Owens will do now. He is so errogant that I would almost bet the mortgage that he will do something in the last couple weeks to top Horn. He really doesn't have anything to lose as the niners are toast and he is a free agent after this year. He started all this mess and I doubt he will let someone top him. However I don't think the cell phone was as good as the sharpie and it definetly doesn't even come close to his celebration on the star in Texas stadium. I know how much all the Cowboy fans loved that one.;)

Parkhead

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To me, the Texas Flag dance- as hilarious as it was- was crossing the line to taunting, and warranted the fine & penalty.

The autograph was good, but not really taunting- just original. The cell phone is just dumb.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Worth it!!

Texas Flag dance- as hilarious as it was- was crossing the line to taunting, and warranted the fine & penalty.

No question about the taunting and fine but for once it was worth it. Every Niners fan out there loved that one along with everyone else that dislikes the cowboys.

Parkhead

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It Adds to the Game

I think that the 15 yard penalty after is enough. But there is no need for a suspension or fine. If the other team doesn't like it, they will do the best thing in the situation and take the guys head off the next hit they get on him, now that is football.

I don't think you should take celebrations away from any sport, but there is a limit, and the ref will decide what that is. Would you take the shirt over the head run away from a player that scores a great goal in soccer or the knee slide, how much fun would that take away from the goal. But if the whole team is doing a dog pill and wasting time the ref will deal with, he will get them back or will give out a yellow card.

Or in basketball, no more showboating dunks, what would you show on the highlight reels at 11pm.

Leave the celebrations alone and let the refs give out penalties that they see fit.

Bring back the Iggy Shuffle.

hos

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

First........its the "Ikkie" shuffle not the "Iggy" shuffle.....
Second...could you imagine if people celebrated after scoring on you??? Man , thats a lot of knee slides!!!

Regarding Joe Horn, would have been a great celebration (with probably no penalty) if he had grabbed a cell phone from someone in the crowd. It would have looked a lot more spontaneous and funny, even if it was premeditated.

I'll have to ask M. Berger about it when he comes home after missing the playoffs!!

Keep you posted....

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Berger Snickers

Knees U. have the same sense of humour as knvb, but I suspect that you are not as skinny and useless as that cnut.

Sorry, I meant Iggy Shuffle, the dance that the white trash do in the stands after a touchdown, a tribute to Iggy Pop and his shirtless antics.

As for Berger, he will know all about the self promotion that these players are doing when celebrating a touchdown. Was it not Berger who gained fame by keeping a Snickers Bar in his shoe between kicks and then would go and take a bit after the play. A bit cheesy, but I am sure he got some money from the Candy Bar company. Or was it just a superstition?

hos

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Berger was probably given several boxes of snickers per month which he no doubt sold to his buddies at a nickel off the regular price per bar.

Probably.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would you take the shirt over the head run away from a player that scores a great goal in soccer or the knee slide, how much fun would that take away from the goal.

You've got to be joking, HOS. To me, soccer players are the fcuking worst. Too many cnuts who score goals now, push their teammates away, while they're taking off their shirt? What the fcuk is that all about? Robbie Keane's 'celebration is simple and it is not provocative. The shirt over the head is disrespectful to the club. I have noticed a few players lately kissing their logo on the jersey. Yes, it is gay, but it shows a bit of respect towards the club.

As for Horn's celebration, I thought it was funny at the time. It still shows how selfish many of these athletes really are. I hate Pratt also and disagree with 99% of what he says. But he did mention how bad soccer has become in its' celebrations and he was spot on. Yes, it might be sour grapes on my part because I don't have the blazing speed I once had :rolleyes: , and I can't sprint away from teammates. I have way too much hair on my body now to take my shirt off so my celebrations are limited. I guess that is why I have only scored 1 goal this year. I might have to resort back to the 'worm' if I score again.

BTW, HOS, with all the goals that have been scored on you this year, aren't you tired of watching players celebrate? What was the best celebration you witnessed this year after one of the 30 goals went by you? ;) :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, I can guarantee Knee's isn't as skinny as me as for as useless... well... on his good days. ;)

Parkhead, even as a Cowboys fan I thought the TO sprint to the star was on fire. The best taunt celebration ever. Was is over the line? Absolutely, and George Teague let him know it. Props in my opinion are over the top and they should ban them from celebrations. There is no need for them. I only hope this doesn't push the league so far that they ban the likes of the Lambo leap or dunking on the goal posts (fad away jumpers for the white TE) or small dance celebrations. I think a bit of gloating is good for any game.

Sorry, I meant Iggy Shuffle, the dance that the white trash do in the stands after a touchdown, a tribute to Iggy Pop and his shirtless antics
Are you making this shite up as you go? Now, how do you suppose I'm going to enjoy Christmas knowing you're mad at me? Huh? It's your back line you should be mad at not me.

Speaking of boat loads of goals on HOS and good soccer celebrations I was a big fan of Nail's stomping on the sign boards behind the net after his goals and the all time best was Millars beer drinking act at Nations.

IhopetheDCSdoesn'tbantheassdance.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, the beer drinking celebration was a touch of class. I'm getting tired of the 'shushing' the crowd celebration now. Robbie Fowler's celebration was certainly unique. I hate the NBA players who pound their heart after a dunk. '

"Look at me, I'm the fcuking man on this team and don't forget it."

How come there are not white guys who celebrate in football games? Oh yes, none of them score touchdowns. The white quarterback celebration is usually quite simple: point to the heavens with the index finger. Very original and you don't need to do anything remotely athletic.

I'm sure a few TTPers remember the Spanish guy who bit the guy's Mickey Gilley last year. Unfortunately, I know a few TTPers would have enjoyed it too. :eek: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Captain

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hockey Celebrations

Don Cherry went on a rant recently about a Canadian player in the Q, and this guy want crazy after scoring the 7th goal in a 7-1 game. Cherry said there is no place in hockey for that, but the player states he was celebrating how he scored, flipping the puck onto his stick behind the net and scooping the puck into the top corner.
I like when guys celebrate in hockey, and if the other team doesn't like it, drive the guy into the boards the next chance you get. What would the great Canucks franchise be without Tiger Williams riding the stick back to center after scoring, I am sure many a beer league player has done that down at our local rinks.

Some of the classics locally, what about Gordie Chin of Burnaby doing the FireHose spray after scoring on FireMen last year, that is funny, too bad they lost. Or the boot polish after scoring a goal. Myself I like the hand flip into a celebration run, that is all class.

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
BTW, HOS, with all the goals that have been scored on you this year, aren't you tired of watching players celebrate? What was the best celebration you witnessed this year after one of the 30 goals went by you? ;) :D

The best was every player on the other team stopping, dropping thier heads and walking back to center like they had just been scored on.

hos:mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joe Horn's "phone call" cost him $30,000.00. Ouch. Way over the top. What did TO get for his Sharpie TD?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts